Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Damage.... Bug Maybe? Help Me Out

Dunkelheit

When I started with the strun shotgun, I saw the dmg of all pellets.

When we fought Kril, I noticed only the dmg numbers of 2 pellets. I thought this must be something special from the boss. So I used my underleveled pistol which did a lot better in the numbers shown.

Then in other missions, I noticed it, too. I only see the dmg of 1 or 2 pellets, very rarely I see the dmg of all pellets. But I run around and one-shot most mobs, so the dmg must certainly counter from all pellets.

In the end screen, when your dmg in comparison to the other players is shown, I am always very far behind in percentage. The last mission I played today, a buddy of mine took a new warframe, a new 2-hand weapon and another buddy I lured into this game did not even have mods on his weapons (because he started the game a few minutes ago). We did a high-level alert with lvl 25 grineer, I still one-shotted most of them. Still, at the end I was close to be tied with my freshly started buddy.

So I want to ask all shotgun users... did you notice the same? Or am I bugged somehow?

I use a strun with +dmg, +electric dmg, +fire dmg, +fire rate, +multishot... all on a quite high level. Forgot about the other mods.

Shotguns appear to do very poorly in high latency games.

Consider hosting games or going solo.

It is the same when I host games or go solo.... the damage IS high, I one-shot many high level mobs.... still, the dmg is not displayed correctly, neither on contact of the shot, nor in the mission debriefing...

Edited by Dunkelheit

Damage won't fully display unless you're the host. Also many bosses are also immune to various elemental damage types so the numbers won't show up there either.

Basically this.

Unless you're host, you won't see the full damage of your gun.

Hell, i was using the boltor and i didn't see a single damage come out of my gun when i wasn't host.

Same here.

Was asking myself the same question.

Even with double the kills as the rest of the team i am still the one with the lowest damage output.

I sometimes see some numbers when i didn´t one shot an enemy but afaik never when he´s instantly killed.

I think with 100% multishot it would just be to much damage numbers to display.

If you hit an enemy with all 20 pellets you would see nothing but numbers :)

When its not displayed its not counted for the statistics.

It never realy changes if i am hosting the game or not.

But i am not sure and don´t have any proof.

Edited by BartMag

Powers often do 1k + damage per target so you'll see a bias towards them on the damage counts. In addition combat is probably logged by the host and spat out at the end in the table you see. Meaning if he/she doesn't see it, it won't appear on the summary. It would explain why the host almost always has higher numbers.

Never really taken the time to sit down and test it because it's obviously fairly broken. Hell when Saryn kills things with her ultimate you don't even get kills registered.

Edited by Mebhin

I'm going to have to go with the OP on this. With regular mobs, it seems to be fine, but on bosses, only 1-2 pellets are actually doing damage. I've been farming Hek for Trinity BPs and my pistol is out-DPSing my strun. Also, don't seem to be getting headshots with the strun either.

I run most missions with a mate who uses the assault rifle to my shotgun. It does not matter who hosts, the end stats invariably show me having done 25-50% of his damage but having killed 2x-4x the number of enemies. Bizzare.e

I run most missions with a mate who uses the assault rifle to my shotgun. It does not matter who hosts, the end stats invariably show me having done 25-50% of his damage but having killed 2x-4x the number of enemies. Bizzare.e

Maybe it was just their way to nerf the shotties :D

I thought it was just me but I had a mission where I was lagging... using a boltor and akbolto i had like 183 kills out of maybe 200 total for the team and only 9% of the total damage. Didn't make any sense, and I also noticed I wasnt getting any damage numbers popping up.