Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De , Since "coptering" Is Here To Stay.....

Deidaku

Might as well make it look good and make some sense.

Make it vary among weapons.

For  instance long swords. kind of like a lunge attack or a tornado attack ( à la legend of Zelda) 

Obex Kogake ; Maybe have the first attack stay but add second slide attack combo ( something like chunli's helicopter kick

> you'd get launch + mid air combo

And so on

Any ideas guys?

Edited by Deidaku

I like it, but not until stances are a bit more fleshed out IMO, and I'd like us to start with the slow weapons that are bad at coptering. Give them some kind of slide attack that makes up for the slow speed. Maybe a lifting attack that goes higher than a normal jump, or a forward lunge that makes up some distance/time. 

lunch attack

New Fracturing Wind slide attack combo: Fist Sandwich

Edited by VKhaun

Just a side note: Why do people seem to think that coptering is a bad thing, also the fact that DE clearly give different weapons different inertia means that it has obviously become a key and accepted part of the game play dynamic.

Ontopic: in a way DE do this already by having different weapons have different sling strengths. I think making a new and specific animation for it will only decrease the slide ability as it will limit it to the animations constraints much the same as the combo system limits the speed of most weapons.

But some weapon types like Ninkana, polearms, sparrings, and heavy melee types can't copter at all

They can, but to a lesser degree than a Kama or Zorens. Like TC-Guardian said: different weapons, different inertia values.

And if those can't distance-copter, perhapes have them do something more unique as tradeoff, like Scherhardt's suggestiong? Spin + upwards slash jump for Nikana, braking + one wide swing with a Galatine.

Just a side note: Why do people seem to think that coptering is a bad thing, also the fact that DE clearly give different weapons different inertia means that it has obviously become a key and accepted part of the game play dynamic.

Ontopic: in a way DE do this already by having different weapons have different sling strengths. I think making a new and specific animation for it will only decrease the slide ability as it will limit it to the animations constraints much the same as the combo system limits the speed of most weapons.

Because Coptering looks horrible, and makes no sense for gameplay. Let's not forget that using something like the Duel Zoren makes players so fast, that they leave the entire team behind in the levels, then they either complain they die, or that the team dies, but it's their fault not the teams.

IMO, Coptering needs to go. All weapons should go the same distance when doing a slide attack. It was silly of DE to make the Zorens go miles, and they keep it in under pressure from the community rather than the health and look of the game.

They can, but to a lesser degree than a Kama or Zorens. Like TC-Guardian said: different weapons, different inertia values.

And if those can't distance-copter, perhapes have them do something more unique as tradeoff, like Scherhardt's suggestiong? Spin + upwards slash jump for Nikana, braking + one wide swing with a Galatine.

My point exactly.

You can't really copter with the nikana , but having another attack instead of the bland slide attack would be awesome

Side Note: Coptering is bad because it looks extremely stupid, not to mention the physics of how it supposedly works are completely impossible. If you are unaware, it wasnt really a feature DE implemented, it was a glitch left for so long, people started liking it, so it was left in the game and apparently 'tweaked' by DE.

I guess in future trailers for Warframe, all frames will be coptering from one end of the room to the other like they do in-game.

Afterall DE wants to make sure they are accurately representing the game right? Since they even said it's now part of the games "identity".

Coptering is part of the problem why the game isn't very balanced. Whenever we read about speed nerfs to frames like Rhino and such, it won't do any good because of coptering.

Edited by __Kanade__

I guess in future trailers for Warframe, all frames will be coptering from one end of the room to the other like they do in-game.

Afterall DE wants to make sure they are accurately representing the game right? Since they even said it's now part of the games "identity".

Coptering is part of the problem why the game isn't very balanced. Whenever we read about speed nerfs to frames like Rhino and such, it won't do any good because of coptering.

It's still weird X)

At least I hope the animation part gets better