Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have never ragequit anything before...

Raijin63

Wait... those rocket troopers (heavy grineer) only come later, right? I think the last mission or so on Mercury? I remember starting this game (I'm probably one of the worst FPS/3PS players around) and thought, wow, that was hard. I know there are lots of elite players on the forums who can kill grineer with the barest of death stares but I had to work at it. Clearing Mercury was an achievement for me. (I did do it solo, though.)

However, I don't remember it to be as hard as the OP reported. That sounded brutal. It's probably down to luck as the rooms are procedurally assembled and the spawns are also sorta random. Getting caught in a crossfire means death at the early levels. So it could be a perfect storm of all the variables.

I hope the OP tries again. It's quite a fun game.

I do encounter some problems when MP-ing though. Lag is just one of them. Disappearing gear is the worst. Reset of gained exp (even when mission complete from start to end) is really annoying. Thing is, this does not happen all the time. I don't know why or when they happen. Only in MP games, though (whether I joined or I'm joined by others).

Wait... those rocket troopers (heavy grineer) only come later, right? I think the last mission or so on Mercury? I remember starting this game (I'm probably one of the worst FPS/3PS players around) and thought, wow, that was hard. I know there are lots of elite players on the forums who can kill grineer with the barest of death stares but I had to work at it. Clearing Mercury was an achievement for me. (I did do it solo, though.)

However, I don't remember it to be as hard as the OP reported. That sounded brutal. It's probably down to luck as the rooms are procedurally assembled and the spawns are also sorta random. Getting caught in a crossfire means death at the early levels. So it could be a perfect storm of all the variables.

I hope the OP tries again. It's quite a fun game.

I do encounter some problems when MP-ing though. Lag is just one of them. Disappearing gear is the worst. Reset of gained exp (even when mission complete from start to end) is really annoying. Thing is, this does not happen all the time. I don't know why or when they happen. Only in MP games, though (whether I joined or I'm joined by others).

Bottom line is that this game will be difficult for some people. You cant accomodate everyone.

I feel as if anyone who provides a constructive criticism automatically assumes it's a flame and/or trolling. Seriously stop overusing or even misusing the word.

Megatech is right. If you're having trouble within the first few levels, then you aren't exactly "good". Even after reading the ridiculously long I still believe the OP is just terrible at the game. I do agree to some extent that the ammo drop should be better but at the same time, lower levels should never have this issue.

I would again like to assert that I did not have trouble with the first few levels, It was the first boss level that caused problems, And once again it was not an issue of difficulty, simply an issue of not getting any ammo despite the massive amount of ammo needed to defeat the boss at low level playing solo. Everyone keeps putting excuses up about my skill or lack of using the sword. Maybe I don't use it as much as you pros do, but I do use it pretty often. And simply claiming I am poorly skilled does not change the issue I had. Even if I was bad at playing, the game will need to be accessible for players of many different skills, or it will not be as successful as the developers hope.

Allow me to tell you yet another frustrating story about the game, because these kind of things just tend to happen to me.

My roommate doesn't really want to play the game, He is currently playing a lot of "the Hidden", a Half-life 2 mod. So I wanted to find out what that new sword would be like that took twelve hours to make. So after loading up the game, Having to fix the resolution yet again... (seriously, what is up with my borderless window resetting to 1028x720, also, why does it lock me out of changing resolution until i take it off borderless window?) I claim the sword I had made with all my credits and go to equip it. Now i see the compare box, I just don't see why it doesn't actually compare the stats of the weapon.. Why would you make a box that says "compare" and not actually be able to compare anything? seems silly. Well, I put the new sword on, on the main screen it does tell me it's damage, and apparently it does 35 damage, that sounds like a decent upgrade, Let's go test this out!

Having made the decision to not play solo, I try and connect to a multiplayer game 4 times, each time It disconnects me. One of the times it waited to disconnect me after I had already loaded halfway in a map. Which then locked up my client and I have to use Ctrl ALt del to close out of warframe, And reset my god damn resolution one more time...

so i said screw it, I'll just test it out solo. So I picked a mission and went for it. Everything went well for almost the whole mission, I was just supposed to kill a bunch of dudes. I had no ammo problems, I was using the new sword, It did a bit more damage than the other sword, but that didn't really matter with the charge up attack being a one hit kill on most grineer anyways. Also, my suggestion to let you hold the charge was NOT so you could just hold it forever, It was just for a little bit of time, to help you compensate for enemy movement and such. Anyways, I roll through about 10 minutes of guys and explore the whole map, When I get into a narrow corridor and they do the lockdown thing, The nearest keypad is beyond the guys in front of me, But I have plenty of ammo and am not overly concerned. Then something new happens.. The room lights start going nuts as I appear to have been hit with some kind of DOT... I was fighting a shield holding guy, which are a pain in solo cause they are tough to flank when you are thier only possible target. But I've killed many of them before, and I manage to kill this one without him even smacking me with his dumb shield. But this weird DOT is somehow still on me, and my shields are now about half drained, So I decide to hide behind a pillar to wait for it to wear off. the problem is, It never wears off, as my shield are now gone, and it's now eating health, I start running through a few options. Is this a DoT on me, or is this room somehow causing damage to me? I don't see anything dangerous like fire or anything that i'm standing in, the lights in the room are all bright and S#&$ but that's just how this game does effects. well, no use standing here cause it's obviously something In this room is causing damage, So i run forward into the darkness, kill the one other guy that i was fighting, hoping it was something he was doing to me.. Nope, still going, I move forward a bit more and am now in a dark side room with one of the those data terminals and no other lights in it.. Still taking damage as I just run out of health and DIE. MISSION FAILED (still don't have any revives from yesterday). Seriously, this is the third time this game has made me ragequit, Which is guaranteed to be a record for me, since I don't ragequit games. WHAT WAS HAPPENING? it was not explained to me, I was just taking non stop damage from some invisible source and nothing I tried to logic out worked, I can't imagine it's just a DoT that is designed to kill you no matter what, I also can't imagine it was something the lights in that room were doing, since i left that room and was still dying. I didn't get hit with anything out of the ordinary, The only thing that happened before the DoT triggered was a dude tried to throw a grenade at me, but again stuck it to the crate in front of him, killing himself, Which was actually funny this time cause i was well on the other side of that crate this time and didn't get caught in that tragedy.

So since there are people who are just going to claim that It's my lack of skill that caused this one, go ahead, Tell me how bad of a player I am. The game didn't explain what was happening, or give me any discernable way to counteract what was apparently inevitable.. Maybe I just don't have the health and shields to survive that attack? if that's the case, then why does that attack exist in the lowest level area? especially if your playing solo..

Yet again, lesson learned, don't play solo, ever...

Were you in one of the rooms with a breakable window? That may have been it.

Were you on fire?

What are your computer's specs? I've had literally no technical problems of any kind running this game.

breakable windows? I have seen windows that have health bars in other areas, but decided not to shoot at them.. The corridor I was in was pretty narrow, and I didn't see any breakable windows, but If that is what was going on, they really need to tell the player what is happening, I had no idea what was causing the damage, and even thinking that something in the room was damaging me and moving to another room did not seem to stop whatever was happening...

No, I was definitively not on fire.

My computer Is a i72600k sandy bridge that i built last year, twin 560Ti's in SLI and 16GB ram, I don't have any framerate issues, and the only technical issue I've really run into is game not saving my resolution settings every time it starts up, which is just a minor annoyance that is only adding onto the other frustrations.

Edited by Raijin63

The grenade blew up the windows. Hacking a terminal (one on each end of the tunnel) pulls down the blast shields. The dot drains you and all enemies, too. When the sound goes muffled and the light goes blueish, the screen gets blurry and "pulsates", the airlock is compromised as such. The station announces it with: "The hull has been breached." and locks the area down. Just with every lockdown, you can hack a terminal and lift it.

Hi Rajin, i hope that you will give this game a fair chance, because it seems you are just having a bad streak of luck and a tad bit of newbidus :)

The DoT you are talking about is the room being drained of the atmosphere thus creating a vacuum, damaging you over time.

The game should redirect you to a terminal to shut the windows with blastshields so that the atmosphere can be reinstated.

Try to learn the timing with the sword (it becomes really fun to use this mechanic once you get the hang of it!) as it seems melee is the primary damage source (atleast for me and my friends).

Also, try to learn every enemy's role in combat, the shottys can do a heck of damage, so use your pistol or rifle to take them out from long range, and let the ordinary marines and melee marines feel how sharp your blade is :)

I sincerly hope that you will be able to enjoy the game as the DESteve meant it to be enjoyed :)

And if you would like further help or some co-op buddies, feel free to contact me and we could maybe hook up and kill some degenerated human scum together :)

Kind regards, Denizioz!

I have played the entire game solo from the beginning. I have not had a single issue.

Seems more like a pointless, upset rant than any sort of constructive criticism.

So because you did not experience my particular situation, It invalidates my problems? My feedback may not be concise, and I made no guarantee that it would be constructive, But it is in fact my personal experience as a new player, and I'm glad the developers have heard it.

If i was to take your stance on a more serious issue, than I'm sure glad I didn't get cancer, so I can now consider it pointless and irrelevant. Perhaps cancer has not affected you personally, but stating as such does not make it cease to exist...

I have played the entire game solo from the beginning. I have not had a single issue.

Seems more like a pointless, upset rant than any sort of constructive criticism.

Interesting. I now have more than 1000 bullets on my Gorgon and about 400 on my dual pistols and every once in a while i am out of bullets. It is really really rare (like maybe once in 50 matches) but it can happen. Especially after a boss that says "Mmmh bullets! Give me more, i like 'em!".

Some seem to have this problem more frequently and some not at all. Doesn´t mean they can´t play or make pointless rants.

Be happy it doesn´t happen to you and admit it CAN happen to someone else. I mean, you didn´t play his game, right? And there is no reason to not believe him, so i believe him.

Not to forget he isn´t the only person having this issue and, most importantly, DESteve even said there ARE issues sometimes.

But i guess it´s useless. Some people here are like "Haven´t seen, can´t be!"...

Keep it up Raikin63, don´t let those people ruin the game for you just because you seen to be unlucky in ammodrops ;)

Edited by AmmokK

I think if you've played this game enough (say 5+ hours?) you definitely will run into dry spells wrt ammo drops of your particular weapon one time or other. I used to run with a burston and all that ever dropped were shotgun and sniper ammo! Or so it seemed with mobs coming in endless waves. :P

The hull breach thing also caught me by surprise the first time I encountered it. On a hunch (because the hacking console suddenly becomes 'active' when the DoT starts) I hacked it and the situation stabilized. It took me a couple more hull breaches before I actually heared the hull breach notification from the ship's computer. And I saw the blast shields come down over the windows after hacking the console. I guess you just gotta take a deep breath and chalk it up to bad luck and/or learning curve and try again.

About your resolution unsticky problem... have you tried falling back to DirectX9 (if you're on DX11)? This game seems to have problems with DX11 for some setups. And the bugs seem quite random.

Reading through this thread it sounds to me like the OP is treating this like a demo for the game, rather than a closed beta test. I can't really claim to know anything about people on the internet, but you really don't sound like you are the right sort of person to be playing beta versions of a game if this is the way you report technical/balance issues you've seen. I think people would be a lot more understanding if the legitimate criticisms weren't surrounding by rants about technical problems and how great a gamer you think you are. You preface by saying you don't ragequit or rant, are a great gamer and can see through technical issues in beta. Then you rant about technical issues, struggling with the difficulty/bugs and ragequitting! That's totally asking for people to give you flak, and rightly so.

As a new player myself I can certainly appreciate the lack of ammo at times, though I have only ever run out of ammo when I am shooting stuff like a total loony. I personally actually like it the way it is now. The lack of ammo encourages me to have to go headfirst into the fights with my sword, which raise the tension/excitement/death count. All the battles where my team has had loads of ammo spare have been the easiest and arguably the most uninteresting. I find melee combat far, far more enjoyable than gunplay (except maybe with a shotgun) so I'd have to completely disagree with the point about being able to hold a charge. It takes almost no time whatsoever to charge a sword and the enemies seem intentionally designed to not let you get away with just running up to them and spamming charges. Do a light hit first to knock them off balance and you can easily get in a charge hit to finish them off.

My first death was to the same broken windows thing, and there wasn't any indication or explanation the first time it happened to me either. On every future occurrence when the windows have blown the game has openly stated there is a hull breach. That was definitely frustrating for me too (and even more so because I was in an icy level so I had half the shields, and thus half the time to (not) realise what the hell was going on).

On the subject of instakills they're definitely arghhh moments, but really they shouldn't be hitting you that often. Chances are you're probably gonna get instakilled by each new instakill that comes into the game, but once you know they exist you shouldn't really be getting hit by them that much. If the instakills didn't exists the game would probably be painfully easy outside the bosses. So far I haven't seen a single instakill method that has been unavoidable really. Whilst charging in blindly is crazy fun it's also worthwhile to hold back for a while and gauge each new enemy you see, especially if they have rocket launchers.

I would say though that a wall of text ranting about issues you had is probably one of the least helpful ways of offering feedback. The very name of this topic and the attitude taken in your later posts is overwhelmingly negative. That's the sort of thing you do when you're just posting to let off steam, not when you actually genuinely care about a discussion.

That's because you're using fancy guns you can only get with Platinum. Try playing with the starter guns, and see how much more difficult the game is.

Erm... you did read what i said, right? EVEN with these insane amounts, i do run out of bullets on very rare occasions! And yes, of course it´s harder in the beginning, never said anything else.

Oh, and don´t forget everyone has 50 Plats for free. that´s exactly what i used to upgrade my Gorgon. So everyone can do it.

Edited by AmmokK

Erm... you did read what i said, right? EVEN with these insane amounts, i do run out of bullets on very rare occasions! And yes, of course it´s harder in the beginning, never said anything else.

Oh, and don´t forget everyone has 50 Plats for free. that´s exactly what i used to upgrade my Gorgon. So everyone can do it.

Forget upgrading, every gun other than the Mk-1 Braton and the Hek requires at least 75 Platinum to buy, and that's only because you can buy the blueprints for the latter.

Edited by MabsWinterKnight

In response to kraed, please note that my original post was "not-normal" for me. As I generally don't do those things just like I said, But I said that because I was about to do the exact thing that I was saying I don't normally do. So you are calling me out for ranting when I was essentially saying I'm about to start ranting. That was the whole purpose of prefacing my entire post with statement. I do participate in many betas, and I don't treat them like demos, because sometimes they aren't (marketing companies love to call their multiplayer demos 'betas', and I recognize the difference). I have since tried playing with my roomate some more, And it appears that I am just a magnet for strange bugs, but I did still enjoy the game in a multiplayer setting, despite my game crashing for the first time and that somehow causing my roommate to be unable to melee attack for the rest of mission when I reconnected. He reported the bug in detail because it's a beta, and that's what you do. When I was frustrated and made this topic, I wasn't reporting any bugs that I was aware of, I was upset about what appeared to be game-design issues. Having read the responses, I'm not the only one this has happened to, But there are also many players who have never had this happen to them at all.

I am never really very concise, It's a personal flaw that I don't think I will ever overcome, At least not on the internet, But my frustrations with the game from a newcomers perspective come across pretty clearly in my rantings and ravings. If you choose to not see this as "not the best way to give feedback" then I agree with you. But It is still my feedback, and it is the only way I knew to get the correct emotions across so that, in the future, they don't turn off new players to the game with issues like that. So while I am capable of holding a calm and collected discussion of my concerns, I chose not to for this thread, due to the emotional importance of my abnormal frustrations. Also, this is the internet, and you can't make me :P

The main issue in solo is the huge amount of spawning enemies. Even after a boss encounter you see more enemies than before the encounter with the boss. On co-op its fine, but in Solo, if you haven't leveled up then its going to be an issue.

I mostly used to have a Bustron, with a Lex. When I was using Braton, I agree that I wasn't using my head and ran out of rifle anmmo frequenty. However there is tons of Pistol ammo. The reason why I purchased the Lex was because I wanted a 1-shot kill weapon. And it does the job for upto lvl12 enemies. Beyond that 1 headshot with the Lex + a power swipe does it all(upto lvl25). Plus on weak enemies, its fun to kill them while sliding.

Now I've taken the Gorgon and I don't fire it until a boss encounter. Its great for zombie swarms as well and if there are several enemies coming in a row, with a Punture mod its going to be awesome.

Although for beginners, its something like the first Crysis(I found it hard, because of tons of enemies). The objective never is 'To kill everything that moves' except on Defense and Exterminate levels. So a run and gun combo will do it all. Right now with my current stats I can kill the Jackal, and probably slaughter everything I see on the level. But Pluto requires 82% running. Seriously lvl40 Crewmen which require 4~6 power swipes to kill?

Unless there are 130% Melee Damage mods, I'm staying away from Pluto.

Forget upgrading, every gun other than the Mk-1 Braton and the Hek requires at least 75 Platinum to buy, and that's only because you can buy the blueprints for the latter.

Sry to hijack this thread a little (there is really need for a PM function -.-)...

I dunno, i bought mine for Credits, not Platinum and then upgraded it with 20 of the given 50 free ones. Which i think is the better way if you are not producing money while being on the toilet ;)

The first time I had a friend of mine try out this game so I had a coop partner, he was actually quite

frustrated too at the beginning. Up to the point where he used up all 4 of his respawn tokens in his

very first mission whilst going constantly out of ammo ranting how bloody hard this game is...

He killed over 150 enemies in that mission, which probably was a bit too much for his gear to handle

since he gave up on using melee combat after being constantly interrupted while charging.

I had to try quite hard to convince him to even consider playing it cooperative at least once after

he had finally done his first mission solo. After the first coop try he had a real blast playing the

game.

The problem I found with playing this game solo at the first levels is that with the starter gear there

are at times way too much enemies per mission or the mission itself is too long for the avarage

gamer nowadays. The common practise these days in shooter games is about being able to deal

with every threat you are facing whitout having to worry about any kind of resource management.

Which is sad but true. And I guess DE is already working on an easier learning curve for the

avarage joe.

I for one love being challenged at times when being faced by a mass of enemies closing in from all

sides seeking cover beind their riot shields throwing plasma nades trying to overwhelm my team.

Especially the breakable windows is a bloody great design idea for strategic play and it suprised

me the first time i got to experience this after about 10 played missions. Next time your being faced

by a far superior force, just try to break a window and watch them drop dead by slowly sucking the

air from their lungs.

Guess they should make a tactical tutorial about the way Warframe should be played, since it is at

times less forgiving than FPS people are used to by now.

TL:DR

Doorstep challenges are sadly a thing of the past and Warframe in its current state has at times a

way too steep learning curve because of its randomized level sizes and missing tactical tutorial.

Edited by MDGeist

Wait what? Too long? 10 minutes, maybe 15 if you are slow and you finish about everything. There are CS matches that take longer!

Again, because of the randomly generated missions there are some people who get 20-30 minute

missions. Of course under the assumption the avarage FPS gamer tries to battle out every wave

thats coming at them not trying to rush the objective.

My second solo mission was about 30 minutes long, since i had to do 2 full "4 data pickup" missions

in one spy mission.

Edited by MDGeist