Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Close Range Poison Damage Spike - Needs Reduction

Aerensiniac

Poison goes through shield and armor, dealing completely unmitigated damage. That being said: DOT is not the problem.

The issue is with the initial/close range poison that is around Toxic ancients which is just brutal.

I went from 200 hp to 0 in a matter of seconds while having full shields.

Getting rushed by them even in the case of no knock down can take away 100+ health in the matter of seconds and will leave a friendly dot on you even if you run away.

Long story short: This is severely overpowered for an unmitigated damage type and needs some serious tweaking in my opinion.

Edited by Aerensiniac

I don't ever lose that much health when I do get in a bad situation and a toxic ancient is around, maybe the max damage I take is 80? Maybe less. I haven't been hit with it while charge attacking them either, rolling past them seems to protect you from it too. And if I am soloing and there's more than 3-4 ancients I tend to just find some boxes, unless I have my Gorgon then things can be a bit easier to deal with.

there is seriously no way you take damage from a couple toxic ancients unless you're getitng staggered or walk into a wall. theres a sweet spot you can just roll dodge and never even take a single tick and they'll stop running

Please elaborate

Then don't get close to them. At the moment, there are few things that even have a small chance at killing you, and only if you don't pay attention mostly, we don't need to take them out as well.

Also, if "100+ health" is a problem, get some vitality mods.

Please elaborate

Most of the time toxic ancients are shuffling around towards you at a speed that isn't even half of your walking speed. You have plenty of time to take them out before they charge you.

Not in my experience.

Suggested weapon/mods?

The same mods you always should be using for infested on any weapon: damage, fire, freeze,armor piercing (Ancients have armor, not needed on bolt weapons), and multishot.

Akbolto is the best weapon in the game right now because of it's dps, innate armor piercing, and the simple fact that pistol mods are better and cheaper to fuse.

Shotguns are a close second in terms of mods so hek/boar/strun for a primary. Magazine capacity mods are a must.

You shouldn't be bothering with melee vs toxic ancients, but the gram and scindo (+charge speed, +charge damage, +damage, +fire rate, fire) are the best for vs other ancients and can one hit multiple lesser mobs in one swing.

Edited by Aggh

The same mods you always should be using for infested on any weapon: damage, fire, freeze,armor piercing (Ancients have armor, not needed on bolt weapons), and multishot.

Akbolto is the best weapon in the game right now because of it's dps, innate armor piercing, and the simple fact that pistol mods are better and cheaper to fuse.

Shotguns are a close second in terms of mods so hek/boar/strun for a primary. Magazine capacity mods are a must.

You shouldn't be bothering with melee vs toxic ancients, but the gram and scindo (+charge speed, +charge damage, +damage, +fire rate, fire) are the best for vs other ancients and can one hit multiple lesser mobs in one swing.

Thank you for the suggestion

Never used Akbolto however I can tell you for a fact that AFuris absolutly murders everything.

Also I don't understand this damage spikes you talk about. toxic ancient attacks are not poisonous nor go through shields. It's his poison aura that deals poison damage and happens only by being close to him, not by being attacked. As you stated previously and well, the dot is really insignificant so if you're taking 200+ poison damage it's a bug of sorts or you just took too much damage all of a sudden, maybe too many enemies attacking you combined with low health/shields?

You can even test this out pretty easly like I did. Roll out of a toxic rush so you don't get caught in his poison aura, stand back enough not to be caught by it but let his regular attack hit you. You'll see nothing goes through shield.

It's his poison aura that deals poison damage and happens only by being close to him, not by being attacked.

Yup, thats exactly what i was talking about.

Stand near a toxic and see for yourself what kind of damage you are getting as a result.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Erm I can kill them with regular mellee attacks of two heat swords that are nearly unmodded... Ok it's level 30 but has no reactor and the only upgraded mod is the charge. My life which is currently 460 takes a S#&$load of time to go down, in doing that form of mellee I was talking about against a level 28 toxic I take perhaps half of my life damage... Not much considering the time it takes to kill it that way. On a normal case which is he got close and I didged out of the way... maybe 20 or so poison damage? Not really threatning in any way or form

If you somehow took 200+ poison damage in a second then:

A.) You had a lot of enemies attacking you and they actually killed you fast because you have no tank whatsoever.

B.) A bug, it is a beta after all.

Erm I can kill them with regular mellee attacks of two heat swords that are nearly unmodded... Ok it's level 30 but has no reactor and the only upgraded mod is the charge. My life which is currently 460 takes a S#&$load of time to go down, in doing that form of mellee I was talking about against a level 28 toxic I take perhaps half of my life damage... Not much considering the time it takes to kill it that way. On a normal case which is he got close and I didged out of the way... maybe 20 or so poison damage? Not really threatning in any way or form

If you somehow took 200+ poison damage in a second then:

A.) You had a lot of enemies attacking you and they actually killed you fast because you have no tank whatsoever.

B.) A bug, it is a beta after all.

I dont know honestly. It happens to me every time i get close to a Toxic ancient.

When im lucky i lose like 30 health/tick, but it also happened that 150 health went out the window in 2 seconds.

I havent got the slightest clue as to how this works, but imho it needs some serious tweaking when it comes to close range.

Grab a freeze mode on your weapon.

Freeze the Ancients before/while they charge.

Move out of the way.

Problem solved!

Or just look for high ground/walls/jump down etc. when they charge to avoid being close to them.

The entire idea of the poison Ancients seem to be close range = death. I've had several experiences where they ticked my health down to nothing or almost nothing, but that was my fault for trying to take them on at close range or being cornered. I do not feel they need a nerf at the moment.