Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Farsighted Suggestions

nekrojiji

This is just to spark some ideas in DE's mind....

I have come to understand that farther than "soon" or "down the block and right around the corner" we will have another star system populated by another faction, which will look, as I believe Mynki said in an older livestream, "the least humanoid". 

I was thinking about a new race similar to the replicators from the Stargate franchise, which can update their defenses based on what we attack them with.

Example:

Every instance of damage dealt to a unit counts towards the next spawned units' defense upgrade against that type of damage.

The counter will register only hits not damage, so the less hits required for a kill... the better. AoE weapons, that deal all their damage at once, would be good as you kill more with one single instance of damage.

Advantages:

->This will make aiming for vulnerable parts "a must" against this faction (less shots for the kill). 

->Players should manage their shots in order to actualy finish the mission, making stealth far more important than it is now (if you don't shoot them they won't adapt).

Disadvantages:

-> Endless missions will reach a point where they are imposible. The questions is how much can you delay the inevitable full invulnerability.

This goes away if they only addapt to elemental damage.

This is something that poped in my mind.....

Edited by nekrojiji

So the new "feature" is that AoE weapons are still the best way to kill everything in the game?

Thanks but no thanks.

The idea about switching damage types would work well if DE removed the 1.5 second switch time between weapons. The concept about weak spots being more important to hit is also nice.

So the new "feature" is that AoE weapons are still the best way to kill everything in the game?

Thanks but no thanks.

The idea about switching damage types would work well if DE removed the 1.5 second switch time between weapons. The concept about weak spots being more important to hit is also nice.

Are AoE weapons the best way to kill everything in the game now!?

what game are you playing.... AOE weapons have the worst DPS of all the weapons.

Are AoE weapons the best way to kill everything in the game now!?

what game are you playing.... AOE weapons have the worst DPS of all the weapons.

I'm playing the game where Penta and Ogris easily rack up the most kills (by a landslide) in survival and defense, the most two popular mission types by far.

You do realize that DPS is meaningless when AoE weapons like the Ogris are doing 20k damage PER SHOT, instantly wiping out an entire group of enemies. And that people literally "demand" Pentas and Ogris in survival/def recruiting.

And also that Penta and Angstrum have higher burst damage than the Soma (20k vs 18k). And never run out of ammo.