The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Clouds (And Procs) Could Deal Continuous Damage Instead Of "chunks" Of Damage

Vanadium

Like the title. Just have Toxic (and gas/viral environmental effects) deal damage like a continuous damage weapon (like Ignis) would before the continuous damage nerf. It's not a huge change and I'm not asking for an overall damage nerf, but I think this would give us more time to react, especially since the clouds are not so obvious most of the time (it take a couple seconds for the full toxic visuals to kick in after a mob has activated it). The procs also; they would just deal continuous damage over however many seconds the proc lasts.

And I guess another nice thing would be better visuals for poison clouds. It's hard to tell how close I should be to a Toxic Ancient with my Orthos Prime ("Use a gun!" I know! Don't tell me how to Ninja!) when their clouds are mostly invisible (there's some green on the floor, but it's not useful visually).

The environmental clouds after killing Gas Hives are very obvious and it's much appreciated. I'd would like to see that carried over to more lingering toxic/gas/viral/corrosive effects (Torid, too).

How would that work with weapon procs, though?

I think what he is talking about is the NPC's that deal toxin damage, like the new infested ospreys and toxic ancients. The ones you run by and suddenly your health drops from 700 to 500 instantly.

Changing it into a consistantly dropping number, like how Renewal works.

Edited by Horonelius

I think what he is talking about is the NPC's that deal toxin damage, like the new infested ospreys and toxic ancients. The ones you run by and suddenly your health drops from 700 to 500 instantly.

Changing it into a consistantly dropping number, like how Renewal works.

Enemies exist in the same world Tenno do. We use the same systems. It would no longer be Toxic damage if it didn't behave the same way it does on our weapons. It would need to be Gas, viral, or Corrosive.

Edit: Gas is a DoT too.

Edited by Archistopheles

How would that work with weapon procs, though?

I was just talking about gas clouds (including Torid; why not?). Direct damage from toxic weaponry would still be solid damage (because of reasons in space). The problem right now is the near-insta-death (or straight-insta-death) caused by the clouds from NPCs.

I like having to watch out, I like the game being less mindless, but it's just not fun taking a single misstep (or being force-rolled) into a cloud that you can't really see and getting immediately downed.

Or maybe Toxic could just deal DoT damage. Why not? It's a little OP right now with how it goes straight through Corpus/Orokin shields and insta-kills even the robots that are supposed to be resistant to it (not for Heavy Gunners, they're doing fine as always).