Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling... Quick Question

dandin3

quick question...

anyone use the channeling mods "true punishment" "enduring strike" and "quickening" ?

because i try really hard to make them worth the slot place... and didnt find a way to do it.

plz comment

Enduring Strike... I don't use ever - There's just not any melee weapon with a status chance high enough to justify it in my opinion.

True Punishment can have some use on Dual Ichors, Dual Zoren or Dual Cleaver, to significantly buff their crit chance while channeling. However, the increased channeling cost (On some high attack speed weapons so it drains quickly) would make this better suited for someone who uses a lot of finishers and/or stealth attacks - Channeling for these singular big hits and getting more big crits.

Quickening is a go-to mod for people who don't use their melee weapons for anything other than coptering. Quickening + Fury can get some decent speed on the good coptering weapons. Just need to swap to melee and channel when you need to just move places (Such as at the end of a mission when heading to extraction, or when you need to just get to an ally really quickly)

Using it in an actual damaging build is pretty tough, since attacking faster means you drain your energy really quickly anyway, let alone with the cost increase.

Enduring Strike... I don't use ever - There's just not any melee weapon with a status chance high enough to justify it in my opinion.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment: Enduring Strike, Melee Prowess, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Volcanic Edge

+255% status chance.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment: Enduring Strike, Melee Prowess, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Volcanic Edge

+255% status chance.

+255% status chance on a base of 10% status is still only 25.5%

That's not a great amount...

Though, if you really go for it I suppose Galatine could get a half decent status chance - 20% base so 51% chance when fully modded for it.

so yes no one really use them...

and dont forget that it take a slot if you do . and we have way better mods that not eat energy and work even when not channeling ... so probably not really use them...

i think this 3 mod  need remake .

hit the like button if agree. comment if not

Edited by dandin3

+255% status chance on a base of 10% status is still only 25.5%

That's not a great amount...

Though, if you really go for it I suppose Galatine could get a half decent status chance - 20% base so 51% chance when fully modded for it.

Serro has 25% base.

I'm sure some melee weapons are higher than others.

i use quickening on almost all my builds

when you max out attack speed on a weapon like the dakra with iron pheonix.. it can easily take you to late gameplay. plus its hilarious how fast your swinging that sword.

well i like to see the full build ...because i know that it can make your weapon fast
but idk about the dmg and the energy cost..
i just wanna see one build that make sense use one of that mods and not other mods

Serro has 25% base.

I'm sure some melee weapons are higher than others.

+255% status chance.

ppl will loss slot for [73% to 88%] 15% more status only when you use channeling??
i doubt that. it sounds wrong

this is the load out i use, might not be the best but its really fun. i tend to run with excali or a frame who has a high energy pool with a low energy usage CC power. Nyx, excali, loki generaly

zhYywcK.png

edit: added spoiler tag

Edited by FalsePride

this is the load out i use, might not be the best but its really fun. i tend to run with excali or a frame who has a high energy pool with a low energy usage CC power. Nyx, excali, loki generaly

zhYywcK.png

edit: added spoiler tag

as i say... any mod you put in it give you more dmg [and if you use posion mod.. its add gas 2] and berserker all ready make it to fast... so for be fast just when channeling  with cost of energy and slot ... not rly worth it...

as i say... any mod you put in it give you more dmg [and if you use posion mod.. its add gas 2] and berserker all ready make it to fast... so for be fast just when channeling  with cost of energy and slot ... not rly worth it...

::edit:: just noticed u mentioned this

i will make load outs based on what it will work best against, in this case the dakra is a fast slashing sword that i modded to be effective evenly against infested. theres no point in adding damage mods that dont work in unison with its damage type. 

iron pheonix has a stun effect on hits and knockdown at the end of a very easy chain if your going so fast. you can get more dps with this than a pure damage build. especially since at higher level gameplay damage from melee weapons is highly dependant on your hit counter, the faster u can get that up to more you will do.

i think if your running your missions without long term outlooks, you dont really have to worry about modding your weapon than any other way u want it to be

Edited by FalsePride