Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Major Problem Now. "overlay" Technical Question.

kimahn

your new onslaught style mission, plus the ambiance you put in the bleeding grounds make the rest of the game look dull. i dont think i would be able to make anything else than bleeding ground now.

perhaps it will pass, who knows.

the question thing is :

can we get a type of graphical overlay that could fit on any tile, like sudden crude light with special unit that appears, sections with smoke/dirty walls, pollution, infestation ... etc etc ?

tower and corpus feel way to clean now, like the iced mode or the burned one, we could have multiple mode that randomly and dynamically (i dont even know if this is a legit word) happen

we could have a dynamic mode linked to a specific micro event like ... sudden infestation ?

i mean ... suddenly the air is filled with that nasty orange cloud you made, shrieks happens, the ship slowly mutate, and infested linke to the original race replace the mobs ... the non contaminated start to fight etc ....

always in this optic of randomizing even more the missions, with material we already have, it could eventually lead us, in a year, to mission that randomized that you cannot do the same twice, each mission could look original, with micro story elements ?

at a point we should have void anomalies too. it could link void towers to the actual content of the game, and the event could reward us with keys.

the melting of all these elements could deliver something great, really, without being a soup. i dont know.

cheers :)

now that i think of it, it s a lot like dynamic event system develloped by trion, but smoother, and way lighter. is it really super hard to make you think ?

and we could get a new kind of element in the market, who can favour or repulse that kind of event. example, for the void, an special beacon that weaken the dimensions walls and allow holes or the contrary, a quantic pulser that regulates the frequencies in the ship ?

oh and another think. could we have pnj that favour you sometimes in the mission ? like a random seller, that sells random prime part for credits, or rare materials, or gear, perhaps even mods ?

it could be great. peculiarly for the low levels.

if we go random, lets go full random.

Edited by kimahn

oh the irony how people complain about rng and you beg for more randomness

On a serious note, there have been similar suggestions. I also said more variety of the environment during the mission could make the gameplay more interesting, therefore I agree with your basic idea

rng is the events and rng in the drops are two things that could be kept really separated. rng is an uncontrolled way to make you spend time on an objective.

and i really think in warframe, accumulated marker that un-randomize the rng and keep it in check should be useful. we should have an average time spend to harvest and build a weapon imho or ultimately, a system of void reward conversion in another money ...

and a tower bargainer pnj ?

the idea of a random pnj who is announcing himself like the stalker, that you have to search over the tile to get special deals like ranked mods and such would make me giggle, even if i don't need it.

ultimately, we need a new reward system. mod is not viable on the long term. one day, a full vitality and serration and such will cost 50plat, and a nub could fully equip himself with a prime access.

i really hope they ll go on random stated gear, again, kept in check and backed up by a smart system :)