The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Don't Like About Warframe's Economy

TioMegaManX

I will raise my flame shield and direct you to this link, no, I am not particularly fond of Valve, I know DE is not as big and all that, but I still think this game is doing something wrong, most of the time this video serves as a contrast.

However, I am a strong advocate for user generated content in games and find DE's attitude like super encrypting their models and stuff as an act of arrogance and jealousy to the possibility of users generating more appealing content for this game.

I really can't imagine it being anything like arrogance or jealousy that has led DE to encrypt their models and stuff like that. It genuinely seems like they enjoy and support user-generated content and have mentioned in multiple devstreams that they want players to be able to make their own skins and level creation and stuff, as stated above- I think it's more that they want those things to be incorporated into the game itself.

Who knows, I can't get into their heads, anyways. I didn't watch the whole video in the link to be honest, needed a tl;dr.

I really can't imagine it being anything like arrogance or jealousy that has led DE to encrypt their models and stuff like that. It genuinely seems like they enjoy and support user-generated content and have mentioned in multiple devstreams that they want players to be able to make their own skins and level creation and stuff, as stated above- I think it's more that they want those things to be incorporated into the game itself.

Who knows, I can't get into their heads, anyways. I didn't watch the whole video in the link to be honest, needed a tl;dr.

You could easily listen to it while doing other things, I gues DE wouldn't even check that conference either, they are potentially losing millions of dolars with that.

-snip-

Beats me, maybe they will, maybe they won't, maybe some of them already have.

I could pretty easily, I'm just too lazy to actually engage a thirty-minute video about all that. It's pointless for me to let it run in the background and pretend I'm actually engaging all that it has. Like I said, needs a tl;dr.