Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nef Boss Rework Idea

Steelfeathers

We all love boss reworks, yes? Khajiit has Idea for refurbished bosses.

But first lets get a lineup of the bosses who are already due for a rework, okay?

Sergeant Nef Anyo

Kele De Thaym

Ambulas

Tyl Regor (Who is being worked already)

Raptor (Not necessarily, but in my opinion he might need one)

Phorid (Which I believe they are working on him too?)

So looking at the list, it may as well be a hefty amount of updates until DE can get all of them, and I don't want to believe the wiki stating that Nef Anyo/Derf Anyo biz (DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES!) so I've been thinking of how Nef Anyo should be reworked, or more likely his encounter.

Since Nef sports his Lanka as his go-to weapon of choice, why not put him in an environment that is more ideal for such a weapon? What I'm thinking here is that maybe put him on top of a Corpus-y tech tower and have it placed a good deal distance away from where the Tenno would be initially entering his tileset. His sniper would be an upgraded/customized Lanka that would put out an accelerated projectile that would travel so fast that it would seem instantaneous and deal hyper-lethal damage to have the potential to drop a Tenno in 2-4 shots.

The Tenno would have to traverse quite a large tileset to reach him, having to use boxes and other environmental assets to be used as cover as they make their way to those man-cannon things that you can find in the Corpus gas city tilesets (specifically a tileset where there is two of these cannon platforms that can launch you to the other side) that will launch you to the very top, triggering the 'real' boss fight where he can finally be killed.

After Nef dies, a door that would be normally locked will unlock and the Tenno can go down the tower, battling Corpus as they would normally do until they reach ground level where they will reach a hangar (where supposedly Nef Anyo used to get into the tower in the first place) and the Tenno leave in their escape pods, yay!

This idea was mostly inspired by Lephantis' boss fight room, large to enough to encompass the boss fight as well as talk of having large open areas for the new C/G/I enemies that DE are implementing.

Gammaion has something to say to Khajiit. Gammaion knows Nef Anyo is getting an eggman-esque rework revolving around magnetic powers (since Mag parts drop from him). The concept art was revealed in a devstream. His son, Derf Anyo is also getting added and he will use a hoverboard. Gammaion bids you farewell, Khajiit.

(Funny how I read this when I was just about to play Skyrim.)

Edited by Gammaion