Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Certain Boss Farmers...

WindBlade

Credits won't devalue any quicker than they do now. You need to increase prices from the store accordingly, so that not finishing a mission won't buy you anything from the store. Only finishing a mission will get you enough credits to buy things from the store.

Right now, let's say you do Vor for 3.5K a pop. A Banshee BP costs you 35K, so, you need to do Vor 10 times. If you make the price 350K and the mission reward 35K, people will finish the mission, as the measly 3K you pick up by looting only isn't enough to buy the BP. Adjust the mission reward accordingly to the drop rate.

TBH if you just farm a boss for a specific drop, don't do it online if you plan to abandon instead of completing - ofc when you are the Host. If you can't for whatever reason solo said boss, then do stick around and help peeps finish the mission - don't be a greedy selfish Tenno.

Credits won't devalue any quicker than they do now. You need to increase prices from the store accordingly, so that not finishing a mission won't buy you anything from the store. Only finishing a mission will get you enough credits to buy things from the store.

Right now, let's say you do Vor for 3.5K a pop. A Banshee BP costs you 35K, so, you need to do Vor 10 times. If you make the price 350K and the mission reward 35K, people will finish the mission, as the measly 3K you pick up by looting only isn't enough to buy the BP. Adjust the mission reward accordingly to the drop rate.

Unfortunately this would just make the other "rushing problem" much, much worse since looting containers would be completely worthless. The best way to fix both is actually to increase within-mission rewards from containers/enemies while leaving the rewards around the same, but this risks slowing down the game too much.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

Then they should remove the quit rate from solo, as I do that all the time. Go solo, check stats, quit. Go solo, check colors, quit. I also use it to test a weapon. I don't like it, I quit and put it in the "for when I'm really bored" stack.

Note that I wrote -matchmaking- :p

But, yes I agree. They should completely remove or at least rename the "Quit Rate" to "Online Quit Rate" or something like that. Heck, even now the quit rate has no direct value other than people can see how many times you have quit a mission.

No i dont, i dont start missions, i wait for other people to join aswell, but i guess thats not allowed either if i want to quit the game early on.

This discussion is about hosts that start online games to have people join then they leave after they get what they came for which creates the chance that the game might mess up.

If you dont start missions and leave there is no problem because the game wont have to switch host.

I believe you asked this before and you were answered.

I've been boss farming loads to get the blueprints for Ash and I have to say :D, after over about 40+ runs, I haven't seen anyone quit. Instead, they all rush to extraction, I think this's better as you get the credits, the item (or not) and (usually), no migration errors or problems with connection.

If you don't like it set the game to private. Until DE fixes host migration(still beta) then it sux, but as soon as its fixed you won't even notice the difference of that guy leaving, since the game is going to pop someone else in.

Which is another annoying side effect of people leaving after a boss kill. It's so much fun to join a boss mission and figuring out after a couple minutes that they already killed it.

The easiest solution is probably to make the blueprint the mission reward. Make it so you don't know after killing the boss if you are going to get it or not. Like the ? alert missions, but without a fixed reward.