Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+Ap% Dmg With Paris / Bolto

Darzk

Question

Wasnt gonna post this in bugs; until someone said it's intentional.

The bow and dart weapons appear to have no benefit from +ap% dmg as far as I can tell.

Not working for me as host or joiner, while other elemental dmg is working as host.

Is it intentional that the weapons with innate armor ignore cannot have bonus armor piercing damage?

9 answers to this question

Weapons with innate armor ignore don't and can't benefit from AP mods. I run my Paris with Serration and multishot mod, some mods to speed up the process too but those aren't necessary.

So much wrong in this thread.

Paris is bugged as hell, the only mod working in MP are the base damage and multi-shot. My Akbolto and Fragor (Both innate armor ignoring) gets the bonus dmg from AP.

Fang doesn't have armor ignore, all of it's damage is AP based. Hence why it does more to grineer and far less to the small infested! No clue how AP mods effect it though!

Actually fangs has armor ignoring, but has a 50% dmg bonus against griennes and 50% less dmg against infesteds.

Edited by Dasmir

Actually fangs has armor ignoring, but has a 50% dmg bonus against griennes and 50% less dmg against infesteds.

That is funny, because in my tests...With the exception of the Grineer, the fang's damage acts exactly like AP damage. The fangs don't to half damage to the infested, because they deal 100% damage to Ancients, which I have tested thoroughly! If you know your damage types and tables, you'd know that Ancients take 100% damage from AP damage and all other infested innately take 50% damage from AP [With the exception of crawler headshots].

So it would make more sense that they simply do AP damage, but the damage vs. Grineer is the only damage that contradicts this theory. They do deal 150% damage to them where AP should deal 200% instead. Realistically, how their damage act's would put it somewhere inbetween. Sadly, they aren't accurate enough to land a headshot on a Corpus Crewman...That would settle the argument right away! AP damage deals 100% in practically every other case making it almost impossible to test.

Please remember that the wiki for this game is not run by DE. As such the information found there isn't always exact or correct!

Edited by Kobalt

Weapons with innate armor ignore don't and can't benefit from AP mods. I run my Paris with Serration and multishot mod, some mods to speed up the process too but those aren't necessary.

This is incorrect. AP mods are treated like elemental mods for all weapons.

Wierd, I see no effect from ap mods on Paris OR the dart weapons when playing solo (when the mods not working shouldnt be happening) even though all the others work fine.

Fang is too freaking fast for me to test observationally (I mean, like 4-6 hits with one click???).