Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Cue This Game Could Take From Call Of Duty

piece5

As far as akimbo weapons go, I would like the mechanic be more similar to Call if Duty's. Insofar as each weapon fires independently, sacrificing zoom to fire independently. This would allow for a better use of akimbo weapons, changing them from "fill every square centimeter with bullets" to "reload efficiency". Rather than dump dual craters into an enemy area, dump one an reload while firing the other. If anyone has any arguments against, please say so, but do be respectful. I think it's a good idea, but it could be too OP. Idk, I just like to have independence when forum weapons.

Also, as far as stance goes: this game needs a prone, and stances need to affect accuracy. Prone=greater accuracy, standin = less accuracy. Not by a whole lot, but enough to allow for ranges to become more of a factor.

If you feel he need to add something, let me know. I think Call of Suty had some solid points, and warframe would do well to follow.

No and i'll tell you why.

This isn't a militaristic game, Warframe is a futuristic game that involves parkour and ninja like movements, regardless of the way people play ( i use flips and parkour) Crouching is just a utility to get in tight corners as it should be.

Adding militaristic techniques like prone and standing shouldn't matter in a game like this. hell they might as well go full out and go in the full laying stance that military soldiers use. We are Tenno, not the Grineer.

Edited by Phobose

To start with the "stances" and their modification to accuracy, no, no, never, and no, and go away for even thinking something that bad.  I don't even need to explain why that's a bad idea, you lack a core understanding of the type of game Warframe is just for suggesting that.

Onto the other part, about how dual wielding works with pistols.  That's debatable really.  As they currently are, akimbo variants are direct upgrades in most areas since they gain stat boosts, in return for requiring crafting two guns, then dumping more resources into crafting the dual variant.  Your idea is definitely interesting, but id doesn't mesh well given what the akimbo guns are in actuality at the moment.

No and i'll tell you why.

This isn't a militaristic game, Warframe is a futuristic game that involves parkour and ninja like movements, regardless of the way people play ( i use flips and parkour) Crouching is just a utility to get in tight corners as it should be.

Adding militaristic techniques like prone and standing shouldn't matter in a game like this. hell they might as well go full out and go in the full laying stance that military soldiers use. We are Tenno, not the Grineer.

Duly noted, makes sense.

In all honesty, being able to fire each weapon independently would be awesome. But prone? No thanks. It doesn't really make sense in a fast-paced game like Warframe.

I would just like to see a more... Interactive aiming system. Valid point, warframe is fast paced.

If I've got this right (correct me if I've misunderstood though), you want to be able to fire and reload at the same time... I don't see any tenno with three hands that could accomplish this.

Holster, grab mag, slap into mag well, in holster. Viola. If COD can do it, so can we lel.

To start with the "stances" and their modification to accuracy, no, no, never, and no, and go away for even thinking something that bad.  I don't even need to explain why that's a bad idea, you lack a core understanding of the type of game Warframe is just for suggesting that.

Onto the other part, about how dual wielding works with pistols.  That's debatable really.  As they currently are, akimbo variants are direct upgrades in most areas since they gain stat boosts, in return for requiring crafting two guns, then dumping more resources into crafting the dual variant.  Your idea is definitely interesting, but id doesn't mesh well given what the akimbo guns are in actuality at the moment.

not sure why I lack a core understanding of what warframe is, it's a game. I just think it would shake up the run and gun and make aiming matter a little more. *shrugs*. Just a thought, your point duly noted though.

You want warframe to copy CoD? 

MY SIDES!

not copy, imitate the good points. Firing weapons independently is a no brainer to me. You can hate COD all you want, I still like it. It's a video game, not a milsim. But whatevs.

Warframe is a 3rd person shooting game which is mobility focused.  As it stands, we incur no aiming penalty at all from doing any movements at any speed.

Basically, for a prone to be added and to effect our accuracy, you would have to outright nerf hip firing accuracy.  Hip firing is what most of your time firing is by type, with this genre of game.  It's the same reason the developers themselves said they're against having a cover system.

For the record, I actually dig CoD, but I respect it for what it is.  Your prone idea is straight up unfit for this genre of game.

The akimbo idea is good, inherently.  Though akimbo variants are more meant to be direct upgrades like I mentioned rather than the standard dual wielding that most games use.

Call of Duty is heresy.

Beware the ground you tread, for any community that is not the CoD community will not take well to "this game should be more like CoD."

Frankly, CoD's game mechanics are already everywhere, every FPS has something in common with it. The only thing CoD has that's unique to it is re-skinned guns every new-release. Better run and hide, 'cause the Flame train is on it's way.

Warframe is a 3rd person shooting game which is mobility focused.  As it stands, we incur no aiming penalty at all from doing any movements at any speed.

Basically, for a prone to be added and to effect our accuracy, you would have to outright nerf hip firing accuracy.  Hip firing is what most of your time firing is by type, with this genre of game.  It's the same reason the developers themselves said they're against having a cover system.

For the record, I actually dig CoD, but I respect it for what it is.  Your prone idea is straight up unfit for this genre of game.

The akimbo idea is good, inherently.  Though akimbo variants are more meant to be direct upgrades like I mentioned rather than the standard dual wielding that most games use.

Ah, I see. Valid point, stances are not for this game. I really don't like hip fire unless it's a weapon type that doesn't have accuracy ( ignis, penta, castanas), and I am rather sad that the devs would be against a cover system. Alas, Tis not meant to be. Ah well. Thank you for clearing that up.

Call of Duty is heresy.

Beware the ground you tread, for any community that is not the CoD community will not take well to "this game should be more like CoD."

Frankly, CoD's game mechanics are already everywhere, every FPS has something in common with it. The only thing CoD has that's unique to it is re-skinned guns every new-release. Better run and hide, 'cause the Flame train is on it's way.

My hydroid is ready to douse the flame train with the tentacles of JUSTICE.

Ah, I see. Valid point, stances are not for this game. I really don't like hip fire unless it's a weapon type that doesn't have accuracy ( ignis, penta, castanas), and I am rather sad that the devs would be against a cover system. Alas, Tis not meant to be. Ah well. Thank you for clearing that up.

Give it time, let yourself fall into the role where mobility is key and never ending.  I too have played games where aiming is all but required and it definitely works for certain genres.  But it's refreshing to have different types of games with vastly different pacing types.

Warframe rewards a player for moving quickly, specifically since no enemies have fast turning speeds.  You can always circle strafe faster than anything can aim, without exception.  So long as you keep yourself out of criss-crossing lines of fire you can be practically immortal through nothing but damage avoidance.  All I tend to use aiming for is the zoom and slowing down my crosshair movement speed for longer ranged shots.

Cover systems aren't bad either mind you, but they're also bad for Warframe.  This is a game where mobility trumps all.

Give it time, let yourself fall into the role where mobility is key and never ending.  I too have played games where aiming is all but required and it definitely works for certain genres.  But it's refreshing to have different types of games with vastly different pacing types.

Warframe rewards a player for moving quickly, specifically since no enemies have fast turning speeds.  You can always circle strafe faster than anything can aim, without exception.  So long as you keep yourself out of criss-crossing lines of fire you can be practically immortal through nothing but damage avoidance.  All I tend to use aiming for is the zoom and slowing down my crosshair movement speed for longer ranged shots.

Cover systems aren't bad either mind you, but they're also bad for Warframe.  This is a game where mobility trumps all.

I have tentatively "mastered" mobility, it's jut that run and fun kill all the things in 1 mag hipfire fill room with bullets gets a little boring. I like realism a little bit, guess that comes from playing airsoft a lot XD. Meh, the stance was an afterthought that popped into my head while thinkin about COD. Not terribly disheartened. I do love cover systems though, Army of Two for the win.

In all honesty, being able to fire each weapon independently would be awesome. But prone? No thanks. It doesn't really make sense in a fast-paced game like Warframe.

That would be good with controller.... you could target 2 enemies at once. But that would make it useles for PC.

The cue warframe should take from CoD... Call the weekly updates a full new game and sell it for a full price :P but seriously... About each weapon firing separately, i still like my zoom, so not sure. And about the prone thing... there should be zero incentive of any sort to stand still in warframe imho. It's not a cover shooter, and i like it that way.

I suggested the removal of akimbo weapons and the implimentation of holding 2 doffrent one handed swords and one handed pistols along time ago with fire independently and lack of zoom as a downside as well as the huge recoil it really would make singles vs doubles more balanced and less of a blatent direct upgrade

I dont really like everything else you said

We have a cover system.

Although it's oldschool softcover.

Warframe is, if anything, more like Quake and Unreal Tournament, than Call of Duty or Battlefield.

No aiming penality for moving, and if you think about it, OP, in's harder to aim while moving than aiming while immobile on the ground.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M