Ammo Pollution, Fixing The Weird Ammo System

Babalenong

QEzgnQ8.jpg

SHOTGUN AMMO FULL

SNIPER AMMO FULL

SHOTGUN AMMO FULL

SNIPER AMMO FULL

where is my rifle ammo?!?!

(sorry for no better screens, i dont take much screenshot when playing long survival/defenses)

Dont you hate it when you just cant find the ammo for your weapon because all the other ammo types that nobody other than you can pickup keep droppin off enemies? i surely hate it, especially when they start to fill the map. although it seems to disappear over time, we still cant say that the ammo system in warframe good, heres why

- weird ammo counts (rocket launcher with 540 rounds? what.)(also adding launcher ammo will pollute the ammo drops a lot more)

- high fire rate weapons feels punished, while low fire rate weapons feels overflowing with ammo

- especially high fire rate secondaries feels extremely punishing with its very limited ammo cap (furis, viper, etc)

- increasing ammo max still feels punishing because of the static ammo pickup count, also feels like a wasted slot since you can put MORE DAMAGE!!!!!

i hardly saw any suggestion on this forum about this, so im here to give out a suggestion, to make example of Dead Space 3's Ammo System

Dead Space 3's crafting system leaves a big room of ammo management, since obviously you cant be bothered to bring different ammo types for rivet chain gun, machine gun, rockets, and batteries for lightning guns, so they made a universal ammo system

UNIVERSAL AMMO SYSTEM

since explaining things is not my strong suit, i will use an example

1 ammo pickup equals 1 mag for each ammo type

so braton will have 45 ammo per pickup, while latron will only have 15 ammo per pickup

so balancing weapons and its ammo is more easily done through tweaking the magazine

lets say each weapon can hold 10x their mag count

so increasing mag count will increase max ammo count, but mods that increases max ammo count will still exist

ammo pickup can be splitted in two

- primary ammo

- secondary ammo

to make ammo mutations still useful for extremely high fire rate weapons, such as the grakata

what do you guys think? just giving out suggestion here, i just wanted to see those 540 round ogris/penta gone because they make no sense and tickling my senses a lot