Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 2 Test Of Skills

(PSN)Anaxan

My buddy has tried twice now in 2 days to complete the second mission for ranking to rank 2. It's the one where you use your sidearm. He has started it alright, but he runs out of ammo and it immediately quits the mission with no success. It is very frustrating for him and I'd like to find out how to make this not happen. Usually, the ammo is unlimited, but not in this case.

Thanks for any help.

Ammo is never unlimited in any rank up mission, as far as I know. It sounds more like he doesn't deal enough damage. Have him equip mods like Hornet Strike, and any elemental pistol mod. If his pistol is ranked high enough to equip these, he may want to wait until he can, and level up his pistol.

And if he is using an ammo chewer like the Furis, or Viper, try being more manageable with how much he slugs out those rounds.

He should have access to the Captain Vor boss fight on Mercury.  I would say do that to farm up the materials to make the Seer pistol and use that.  It's single fire and the bullet has a bit of travel time, but this way he shouldn't run out of ammo before he can kill all the enemies since it's decently strong as well.

Just found out that he's using Lex rank 25. It's just failing him in the middle of combat each go around. He's had this happen twice. Has anyone had this happen to them, and have they found the fix?

Is he using a Sentinel? This can fail the test for you. If he is, tell him to remove it and try again.

Roommate tried again tonight without the sentry. He fired upon (and only using the fire button with the secondary) many enemies but none of them died. Using Lex. Then was quit out again out of nowhere.

Admin? His name is drunkenmerc in game and he is willing to quit the game because of this.

Ammo being an issue? I would suggest using a pistol mutation mod on his sidearm. Also, as another member said, remove the sentinel as that is indeed a violation of what the test requires, if it is a carrier would keep it but just remove the firing mod that makes it shoot. :)  As far as the stats not showing on the weapon in status and such, would recommend getting them to take a screen shot, transfer said screen shot to a usb and then submitting that screen shot with additional information to the support staff.

If you or your roommate require further help, am free to assist you both ingame for any additional details. My username as most is the same as the forum here save minus the (PS4) tag.

Edited by (PS4)Destroyr34

I appreciate all of the help that has been given up to this point. It seems as though the ammo issue is a no go.. as well as the sentinel - I gave the challenge a shot myself and found that after the first wave's last opponent was killed, it automatically fails the mission. This has been the case from the get go. No other issues were seen other than it just fails you. There's plenty of ammo, and no other abilities are being used. 

Any other help would be great.

Ammo is sorted? If so then that is sorted.

Sentinel not attacking or is taken off? If so, then that is not the problem. 

Abilities not used? Then that is not the problem

I would love to see a recording/stream of the gameplay on the test next time you play it so can better understand what might be the issue :)