Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Fight Harder Mobs?

Curiosity

I just bought the Burston and I noticed something.. I went onto pluto and started grinding out the first level and it was hard.. I mean, level one weapon with no modifications, amirite?

So I quit, and I went to Mercury and played Tolsoj and I noticed something: I was getting roughly the same ammount of experience points and the same mods.. but from easier enemies?

So here I am thinking to myself.. why would I play on pluto *30+* when I could play Mercury and get the same rewards for one quarter the effort?

I think we need loot scaling!

Opinions? <3

True, maybe higher chance of rare mod drops, blueprint components or blueprints.

Or you can do it for a challenge. Also if you can grind towards the end, you get to farm a boss who gives you blueprint for some frames. =)

Making Nyx and Frost really hard to get... Excalibur too if you didn't start with him.

True, maybe higher chance of rare mod drops, blueprint components or blueprints.

Or you can do it for a challenge. Also if you can grind towards the end, you get to farm a boss who gives you blueprint for some frames. =)

Making Nyx and Frost really hard to get... Excalibur too if you didn't start with him.

I made a post about the grinding bosses thing a few minutes ago, what's the point? I grind the boss to get the blueprints to build a new frame.. to grind another boss to get blueprints to build a new frame....... Well, if that's all the game has to offer is grinding bosses to unlock more items.. when I already have the items and frame I want.. it seems redundant, right?

I made a post about the grinding bosses thing a few minutes ago, what's the point? I grind the boss to get the blueprints to build a new frame.. to grind another boss to get blueprints to build a new frame....... Well, if that's all the game has to offer is grinding bosses to unlock more items.. when I already have the items and frame I want.. it seems redundant, right?

Well then, friend, since you seem to have acquired everything you want right now, I say play the heck out of the game until you get tired of it, then wait for new content that interests you.

The content in this game is lacking right now. If you are arguing against that then u are just dillusional. It is totally ok though for now. They will add more content and until then I am going to grind as many frames to 30 as possible so I can choose how to do the new content the way I want. However, right now this content just doesn't exsist guys, so stop covering for DE it's beta and we should all be thankful they have released open beta this early.

Back to topic...

Totally agree.

Yesterday a clanmate and I went to test the new loot tables in high level defense maps (Xini, Outer Terminus).

And to be honest, the only difference we saw (apart from mobs being tougher ofc) is that the first wave-5 reward was more often a rare mod.

Mod drops were as common as it is in Mercury, or anywhere else. Not more rares, nor uncommons, not even more exp, or money, nothing.

Of course, there still is the idea of challenge, but absolutely no concrete reward for it. Cause you really don't care about the first reward when you aim for wave 30+ :/

So yeah, once you've cleared the whole solar system, you're better off farming mods and credits in low level maps.

Sad.

We need scaling. Please. Cause even if we may clear low level maps faster, it's far from enough to cover mod/credit costs to finalize our upgrades.

I can't imagine how much time it would take for a new player to max out even one rare mod. And there are dozens to max.

Edited by Thelonious

Ok, just a thought here...

They only just got the basic ratios of loot tables working this past week, when it was clear the base achetype was not working.

Now that this is working and tested working (Rares/Uncommons/Commons dropping in appropriate ratios) they can:

A. Reclassify any mods that should be in a different category for drop type (such as the Warframe mods which seem kind of out of step as Rare drops given the sheer number and variety that NEED to drop.

B. Start adjusting the roll on said tables as reflected by the enemy difficulties for better striation.

The experience question is a bit off perhaps, but I would suggest someone examine the numbers for experience closely between early and late game adversaries. Seemed to me that the late game missions were indeed more rewarding in this regard but that may just be an observer's fallacy.

Regardless, they couldn't do B properly without being sure the tables were actually working properly in a base state first.

Just a thought. :)

This could be easily solved by adding a higher (or guaranteed on say pluto) chance that the mod drops are lvl2+. More bang for your buck.

Another possibility would be to give each system it's set of ''mods'' that drop relatively often. Not necessarily ONLY in that system, just more likely. The most powerful/sought out mods would be in the more difficult systems

edit: I would actually love the second idea because I got my first warframe to level 30 before I got a single redirection mod. And I was loki with 75 shields (pre-passive gain patch). There was much raging

Edited by Cazakatari