The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon And Warframe Choice, Help

Symbiont71

Question

I'm currently using braton and it's an improvement from mk1, but can i stick with it like, forever?

I've seen the comparison between the in game guns and pretty much it's all pros and cons, each for a different playstyle, but are they all (or a big part of them) end game material?

I've been looking at Boltor to compare it to braton, what's your opinion on these two? Also Snipertron.

And for pistols, i have my Lato vandal and it works for me, but is dual better?

Last but not least, Volt. I've started with it and that "good alternate to gun play" affirmation and my experience with it only makes me understand that it's all guns...i'm useless against infected (yes, i've read every topic on that and the shield), the corpus seem to enjoy my shock, and greneer..they're fine, i guess. It's all guns for the moment.

I'm not satisfied with the powers and i'll keep it for further changes, so now i'm looking at Excalibur and Loki. As i stated in another post, i'm here for melee and power using as i'm not much of a shooter. I think both will fit my style, but which?

I would go with Loki, but he has NO actual dmg powers so i'll rely on guns..once again. The pro is that getting out of nasty situations will be a piece of cake. On the other hand, impaling foes to walls and going through them like knife through butter sounds really good. The con here is that..well, i won't be using jump, which makes it one power less.. I have to pick one..now which?

9 answers to this question

I'm pretty new to the game myself but i think i can help... Firstly, I've found that yes you can stick with the Braton forever because it levels up with you and the mods you can place on it can improve it greatly. I'm also thinking of buying the bolter and my personal opinion is that it looks alot more powerful than the Bolter, but you're just going to have to try it out and see which one you prefer. I have the dual Lato and yes dual is much better than single, except that it uses up ammo pretty quickly. As for your warframe, if you want sword play, go for Excalibur. You may think the jump won't be used (like i did) but it just gets so fun to use that you want to use it all the time. Excalibur seems like it would suit your style of play. Just remember to upgrade your HP and Shield ALOT if you want pure close range sword/pistol play.

Hope this helps :)

Don't worry about the endgame, every weapon in the game is viable, because endgame is easy and the power of a weapon is VERY dependant on the mods. Give me the worst weapon ingame and an unranked warframe (without abilities) and with proper mods I am still very viable in the "endgame" at the moment.

So it just boils down to choice and style. Take what you think is fun for you.

If you want to minmax:

Skip rifles, go to shotguns, they are really precise even in the distance. And totally skip sniper stuff, they are really bad at the moment. If you absolutely love sniping, get the Latron or the bow.

If you want to use melee, you need some kind of durability. Volt has 10 armor (iirc), which is not very good for meleeing, on the other hand he has his speed skill if things go sour for him. Very good choices for melee are Loki and Ash. EDIT: I forgot to write why you should pick them: Both can go invis and when you are invis, you have guaranteed crits. Be careful though, I think that the crit dmg mods do not apply to the "invis crit dmg". But I am not sure of that.

Now I am sure, crit dmg mods apply to invis crits.

There is no alternative to gunplay.... gunplay will make 99% of your dmg. There are only abilities, who get you out of sticky situations... Volt is nice for his aoe dmg, in very high level planets you wont kill all the mobs with it though.

Anyway, this is a great game with lots of possibilities. Explore them for yourself.

Edited by Dunkelheit

1. Braton can be stuck to forever, but boltor sticks enemies to walls! Really the difference is the boltor has slower projectile travel time than braton, which other than braton vandal is the best assault rifle.

2. Snipetron? try Lex on for size, but I suppose Lato Vandal is mini Lex.

3. I thought Volt's overload was lethal, but if you're a melee guy, go for Excalibur and you may use the jump just for kicks. If you're more of a trick one who likes teleporting and invisibility, take Loki

For me, I'd suggest anyone to first get their hands on a Gorgon. Because the bosses you'll be meeting will require sustained damage for you to kill them.

After that, you can pick other rifles which I think can be Boltor or even the Hek. I trust these primary weapons and cycle through for the varied missions. Be it boss fights or other types of weapons. I've never actually used a Snipetron, so I wouldn't be able to provide feedback on it. Paris is pretty good if you're looking to continue a stealth theme.

Ermm, I'd suggest Akbolto / Kraken / Lex for secondary weapons. They be good!

Edited by Alsphestrium

Braton is good, but it wont last. Let me start off by saying: Snipetron? No. Now that's sorted out and you don't have to spend 50k to find out.

Boltor is a good weapon, but some people (like me) might not prefer the way it shoots and the bolt speed. From what I know, people use Boltor, Gorgon, Hek and Paris later on.

About your pistol. If you like Lato, stick with it cause It's fine. Aklato could be either yes or no, personal preference.

If you want consistant damage from your warframe, Excalibur probably suits you better as Slash Dash is a low cost powerful move.

Loki has no damaging abilities, so it's all gunplay and swords when it comes to damage as you mentioned.

If you want an alternative to Excalibur's damage abilities, you should go for the 4th skill on other warframes.

Frost has a nice damage AoE with good range, and Saryn has an instant AoE with lower range but still good damage.

Your best alternative to gun play is melee weapons. I have a lot of melee weapons myself :p

Edited by Bitfly

1. Guns: I have a catalyst in my Braton and I don't regret it. Fact of the matter is, there really isn't another gun (EDIT: except for the Mk-1) with its precise firing characteristics. I don't like burst - single shot or full auto is fine, but not this horrible abomination of the two. I don't like guns that have to ramp up to reach full firing rate. And maxed out with the right mods, the Braton's fine. Useful for bosses where you have to keep a steady stream of fire to prevent their shields from regenning. I'm sure Gorgon's 'better' in the right hands, but if you like the Braton, I don't see the issue.

2. Warframes: Yeah, your powers on a Volt aren't going to replace your guns. It's still situational. Such is life. And yes, the Excalibur's Super Jump is considered lacklustre by many players. But Slash Dash and Radial Javelin are very good, and Radial Blind is also nice. It's rare that a Warframe has all four powers be absolutely fantastic - most have at least one which the playerbase considers something of a dud, or kind of meh.

Edited by Acyl

First, let me thank you all for the quick reply.

Ok, no snipertron.

I'll stick with braton for the moment, rank it up, get some good mods and see how it goes until i get my grip on others.

I only use the pistol for when i'm out of ammo on braton and it has the premium thingy on it, making it easier to put high mods on it, so i'll keep it for now also, but i'll get a dual later on.

As for warframe, i think i'll stick with excalibur. Loki requires a bit more advanced gameplay and game knowledge and i'm currently working on those, but i'll seriously consider getting the blueprint for it too.

Thank you guys again and see you in game ^^

i am doing lvl 25-35 mission with a lvl 30 unpotatoed MK1, with only two members who keep dying

in the end, it is all about how consistent you are with headshots

for low armor frames i think increased shield and shield recharge will be good? heck i am using that on my excalibur

it is not the weapon, it is you

sure shiny mods and shiny weapons make the game easier, but it is still you tenno, that is fighting

BTW i am envious of your volt, they are now no longer a beginner frame aren't they?

some tips on mods, armor pen is a must when fighting corpus, they do 2000% damage to crewman on headshots, enough to 1-2hit them

regular damage only does 1%, electric damage also does increased damage

that is why boltor and bolto are the preferred weapons of most players due to penetrating damage

if you want snipers, do lex, it is cheap, kill most enemies in one hit(headshot) till lvl 20, have a V polarity(for increased damage up to 220% with hornet mod for cheap)

puncture and similar mods allow your bullets to go through things, like enemies grouped up and also shields of shield lancers, making them less of a pain in the &#!

the most important thing, have fun playing

Edited by cy3160