The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Hitching

Trowicia

DE, I've been getting some massive hitches when either I or a teammate pass through some rooms (with door or no door, doesn't matter). This is fairly noticeable in normal missions, but places like the Orokin Void or Derelict there's so much hitching when passing through rooms that it's driving me up the wall. Not sure what change there was but this has been going on for quite a few updates, Update 13.0 not being part of it. Are these rooms loading some superfluous details that's unnoticeable?

My specs:

Intel Pentium E5200 Dual-Core (2.50 GHz)

4GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6750

Windows 7 Premium

Usually I was able to enjoy Warframe with playable frame rates all the way from Point A to Point B in missions, but now it's becoming unplayable due to these hitches.

Is it safe for me to assume that Update 14 will address this hitching situation for me with the cut-down in game resources? Been through thick and thin with this game, I'd hate to be driven away because of it becoming unplayable for me and considering I have insufficient funds to build a stronger PC for the time being.

Edited by Trowicia

Update 14 will bring new problems, no doubt. who knows what they gonna do on performance - I can ensure you that even high end machines have massive problems so it might not be your machine's fault. on the other hand massive computing power doesn't mean no glitches or errors, some hardware goes better with each other - usually amd hardware sacrifices speed for accuracy

Update 14 will bring new problems, no doubt. who knows what they gonna do on performance - I can ensure you that even high end machines have massive problems so it might not be your machine's fault. on the other hand massive computing power doesn't mean no glitches or errors, some hardware goes better with each other - usually amd hardware sacrifices speed for accuracy

Your optimism is infectious. CAN'T WAIT.

Hardware doesn't go better with anything, unless you're using a top-tier graphics card and a really weak processor, then you're just bottlenecking it. The game also controls whether or not the game runs smooth. I've personally have a lot of FPS drops in areas, for no apparent reason, but I can run Battlefield 4 on Ultra.