Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invite Only Rp: The Damned Ship (Ic)

K0ishiKomeiji

The Damned Ship (IC)

---------

Background:

This is the story of of the Grineer Galleon known as the Galuuk. But this story starts not in the beginning, but at the end.

The Galuuk's goal was simply to patrol the inner planets in the Origin System, but a year after it was deployed, it disappeared. Less than a week later it was discovered, untouched and with no crew aboard. The Grineer were confused, but didn't mind all too much. So. they simply restocked the ship's crew, and sent it back out for duty. It disappeared two months later. Now, a lone SOS signal matching the ship's ID has been found, originating from the outer rim of the solar system, even beyond the bounds of Pluto.

Grineer have begun to mobilize and move towards the ship to reclaim their property. But considering they must go through Corpus territory, one wonders what makes them want the ship this badly.

The Lotus is curious about this ship, and how and why is it is out so far from where it was stationed. A team of Tenno has been sent out the investigate the ship, find out what it is doing out there, and solve the mystery of the disappearances before the Grineer arrive to reclaim what is theirs.

--------

The Tenno's Liset glided through the waters of space, as the menacingly large Galleon ship came into view. Inside, which, thanks to Void tech, was larger inside than outside. Inside were the Tenno sent. They surrounded a holographic diagram of the ship in question, though oddly, part of the ship was heavily distorted by static.

"Tenno, you are approaching the Galuuk." came the Lotus's voice. "There seems to be a large energy signature inside, which is interfering with our scans, but more worryingly, messing with communications. Once you head inside, I cannot guarantee communications, whether short range or to me can be reliable. They may cut off completely."

"Your goals are simple. Find out what happened to this ship, find the crew or what's left of them, and get out." THe Lotus finished as the ship neared closer and closer to the looming shadow of the ship.

"If comms do go out, I wish you good luck, Tenno." The comms then went silent as the ship began to dock at the ship's hangar, which was very dark inside, as the lights were either off or simply not working. The hangar door closed behind them, leaving the Liset, and the Tenno, alone inside this darkened ship as the ship's hatch opened.

----

Edited by SuwakoMoriya

The first to step off was the female Vauban, Koishi. She switched on the flashlight mounted on her Esprit helmet, and scanned the environment, Fingers cradling her fearsome Brakk hand-cannon in case of trouble.

The hangar was empty aside from the Liset and the grime of the dirty floor. There was nothing, no bustle of activity, no ambient noise, all that awaited the crew here was silence and a large dark room.

"Coast is clear." Koishi said towards the Liset and it's crew. "Eeerily so."

An Excalibur by the name Hazun dropped from the ship next; activating the light on his armor when he touched down. The silence was not fully unnerving, it sounded like the deep reaches of space. Regardless, he understood why Koishi found it unsettling.

He simply nodded and began scanning the ship.

Koishi pulled up the HUD inside her helmet, pulling up the diagram of the ship. Well, judging from the readings, and the dark room, I can safely say someone's put the reactor down to a bare minimum. It's powering life support at a low setting, along with a few other essential systems. It's like they wanted to hide from something. I bet if we didn't get that SOS it would take years to find this ship." Koishi said in a somewhat jovial tone,

"Welp, first stop 'ought to be the reactor. See if we can shed a little light on the situation." Koishi finished.

A holographic screen flickered to life in front of Hazun, words started appearing.

(From my experience with disabling reactors, I think it's within the eastern sector.) He pointed to the corridor, indicating thats a direction they should take.

"Wellllll, first off, I have the map of the ship, so I know where the reactor is." Koishi said in an almost sing-song voice.

"And secondly, we need to power the navigation before we can scrounge around for files. Luckily, I know how to mess with the reactor, being an engineer has it's perks." Koishi finished, heading towards one side of the hangar, where a long hallway stretched into the distance.

"Come on ahead if you wanna have some fuuuuun with a reactor." Koishi then giggled, before setting off.

"And thirdly if we find any grineer or corpus lets do a little eavesdropping shall we? If not I'm perfectly fine with wholesale slaughter."

Cheshire grinned manically, as he began catching up with Koishi.

Edited by Cheshire31

"Well, i'd rather do a bit of questioning. Might get us a few answers more than navigation data." Koishi replied.

"So, judging from the lack of ooey gooey stuff, i can safely assume that it isn't Infested. Besides, we would've easily run into them by now. Corpus is a possibility, but to take down an entire shipful of people, leave no bodies or blood, and without triggering an alarm would make even the Stalker a bit jealous." Koishi chuckled.

"First off... please don't say ooey gooey again ever. I suppose questioning them would be better data can be altered after all,

But yeah no infested spore-thingies here, So whatever did this either cleaned up after itself like the stalker would or some one made the crew abandon ship which is probably worse or better depending on your view." Cheshire mused.

"This is getting interesting." Cheshire rubbed his hands with excitement

"Couldn't have abandoned ship." Koishi pulled up the diagram from a holo-emitter embedded in her suit's palm. "All the escape pods are still there, and no ship left the vicinity, or the Lotus would have noticed. if there were Grineer here, what is left of them is on this ship." Koishi explained, the diagram fading into nothingness.

"Now why don't we make our trip a little faster?" Koishi nudged Cheshire a little, eluding to his abilities.

"Fine, time to kick it into overdrive then." he grinned.

With a snap of his fingers Cheshire gasped as he felt energy shoot throughout his entire body and his fellow Tenno.

They began to glow in the eerie darkness of the ship.

"Just follow me, and don't wander off, and we'll be good." Koishi said, as she sprinted off through the darkness, leaving a cyan trail to follow.

Koishi bobbed and weaved through the corridors of the ship, and in around a minute, they would be at the reactor, turn it on, figure out what happened and leave, though Koishi thought of detonating the ship when the Grineer arrived, to rub it in their degenerative faces.

Cheshire followed Koishi into the darkness, struggling to catch  up to her.

The only sign of her presence was the glowing streaks of cyan in her wake.

Damn she's so fast!! Who knew? Well not me obviously, but then again she did get a head start... ok shut up time to focus. Cheshire ordered himself.

• 2 weeks later...

"Sooo Hazun? You're ridiculously quiet is there a reason or are you planning ahead?"

Cheshire asked casually.

" I'm just trying to break the silence here you know?

Usually something attacks by now it's beginning to unnerve me a little bit."

Cheshire eyes the shadows suspiciously.

Hazun lifted his head a little and pointed to the dark scars over his throat. The screen popped up again. "I can't speak"

He lifted his sword to initially trigger radial blind, but his sword glowed brightly and illuminated the corridor. "You're right about a impending attack though"

He gripped his Lato tighter, ready for any contact

Phobos comms in spontaneously.

"Sorry for the late contact, team. I touched down on the docking bay a little late and scouted ahead. I'll be regrouping with everyone momentarily"

Phobos turns his comms off and sighs and checks his map for the direction of his teammates. Phobos than proceeds to head towards Cheshire, Hazun and Koishi with absolute caution.

Edited by Phobose