Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait Time To Take Test Again If You Fail Is Too Long

SarusKhan

All these L2P posts disgust me. I am MR11 and even I think the wait is too long (Granted I have never had to wait). Just saying L2P does not help the OP at all guys! We can do better!

On another note 12 Hours would be better than the current wait time.

All these "test" threads disgust me. I'm mastery rank 16 and I don't see the issue with a 24 hour wait time. Granted, maybe newer players may care because they think Mastery rank actually matters (other than unlocking access to more weapons, they're just an e-peen stroke at the moment.) They've already discussed adding a prompt or hint to notify you what the test is ahead of time. Why is it still not in yet? Because priorities. So, until then, you have resources (wiki, YouTube, etc..) available to you to "help" you with the tests. You can even ask people. Don't wish to use these? That's fine. Man (or Woman) up and take the tests head on. If you want to be stubborn, then be stubborn. Just accept the results and don't cry about it when you got no one to blame except yourself. This isn't a L2P issue; it's a L2Logic issue, for the time being. And patience.

Not to mention, 24 hours won't kill you. Some weapons take that long, Warframes take triple that time. Literally, if you think about it, mastery tests are treated as dailies.

The waiting period should stay.

But if you click the bar to take the test during it, it should give you the chance for a dry run that doesn't count.  It's rather odd to have a test that you can't practice for.

I'm inclined to agree. While there's griping about the wait tests, in my view, the biggest problem is the "pop quiz" nature of the tests themselves. I've discussed this in the past; unless you're deliberately setting up the test-taker to fail, it makes zero sense not to give them some idea of what the test actually entails before they take it. Hell, even actual militaries work by this standard: when going through marksmanship qualification for example, you're informed exactly what's required beforehand, how many targets needed to be hit, etc.

Secondary issue is that to a pretty big extent, they don't test skill (i.e. what's ostensibly their primary purpose), they test equipment; e.g. the old target tracking test - it was (is? Dunno if it's been changed) actually impossible to complete if you had a weapon with a small magazine and lengthy reload, e.g. a Vulkar or Lex, regardless of how accurate you were.

All these "test" threads disgust me. I'm mastery rank 16 and I don't see the issue with a 24 hour wait time. Granted, maybe newer players may care because they think Mastery rank actually matters (other than unlocking access to more weapons, they're just an e-peen stroke at the moment.) They've already discussed adding a prompt or hint to notify you what the test is ahead of time. Why is it still not in yet? Because priorities. So, until then, you have resources (wiki, YouTube, etc..) available to you to "help" you with the tests. You can even ask people. Don't wish to use these? That's fine. Man (or Woman) up and take the tests head on. If you want to be stubborn, then be stubborn. Just accept the results and don't cry about it when you got no one to blame except yourself. This isn't a L2P issue; it's a L2Logic issue, for the time being. And patience.

Not to mention, 24 hours won't kill you. Some weapons take that long, Warframes take triple that time. Literally, if you think about it, mastery tests are treated as dailies.

I do like the L2Logic, however new players would like to get to content a little faster. Maybe starting with 12 hours to MR3 then 24 hours after?

I also don't know if the information given in this post was directed towards me, I hope not.