The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Question About Game Performance

WizzaFlow

I don't know if this is the right place to put this question but does anyone know a way to fix it where your anti-virus software doesn't scan the game. Because it seems when every it scans the game while I'm playing it causes it to crash.

Turn off auto scan in your antivirus' settings. I'd suggest leaving your computer on and doing the scan overnight if it takes a while.

wouldn't recommenced turning it off tbh. Within the context of the AV software scanning game files in real time.

If it's a schedule issue, just change the schedule. Turning it off would defeat the purpose of the software ;)

Op would have to specify AV program.

ESET allows you to exclude programs from scanning:

Advanced Setup > Web and email > Protocol filtering > Excluded application > [add waframe]

Similarly, (if talking about real time scanning) most AV programs have a gaming mode. turn that on.

wouldn't recommenced turning it off tbh. Within the context of the AV software scanning game files in real time.

If it's a schedule issue, just change the schedule. Turning it off would defeat the purpose of the software ;)

Op would have to specify AV program.

ESET allows you to exclude programs from scanning:

Advanced Setup > Web and email > Protocol filtering > Excluded application > [add waframe]

Similarly, (if talking about real time scanning) most AV programs have a gaming mode. turn that on.

alright ill try that thx but can someone help me cause i use McAfee from my ISP so if knows how to use that can they respone

Edited by WizzaFlow

McAfee is mediocre AV software (not to mean any disrespect to people who use it) If you are paying for it, don't renew your license when the time lapses.

Avast or AVG are good free alternatives. ESET or Norton are the better paid programs. Malwarbytes should be installed regardless of choice ;)

But pertaining to the problem, you may find these steps may help the problem :)

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/turn-off-mcafee-deleting-33705.html

there is a warning at the bottom of the page similar to the one i gave. It's not best to leave them 'off' indefinitely.

McAfee is mediocre AV software (not to mean any disrespect to people who use it) If you are paying for it, don't renew your license when the time lapses.

Avast or AVG are good free alternatives. ESET or Norton are the better paid programs. Malwarbytes should be installed regardless of choice ;)

But pertaining to the problem, you may find these steps may help the problem :)

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/turn-off-mcafee-deleting-33705.html

there is a warning at the bottom of the page similar to the one i gave. It's not best to leave them 'off' indefinitely.

thx im going to try to play now and see how it works