Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uh... DEVs...What's up with slots?

SeoV

For a game about constantly getting and upgrading equipment, it's a bit silly to limit free members to 2 warframes and what was it, 6 weapons? I'm at the limit of 6 weapons that I'm not exactly looking forward to throwing away. And with credits building up I was thinking of getting another warframe but oh wait, this makes it impossible to get a third. I planned to at least have Ash and Rhino but it seems now I can only settle for my basic and one other. Does this seem silly to anyone else? I mean, with all my credits, charge me 15,000 Cs and i'd gladly pay up for another slot space. But to use my platinum simply to do what the game wants me to, seems a little flawed.

Will this be changed in the future? And does anyone else see the flaw in this?

I would make it more expensive than 15k, let´s say 250k or something but yes, it´s a bit too limiting.

You want slots....to be 250,000 Credits. You realise nothing in the game is 250 THOUSAND credits. You must be out of your mind...

You want slots....to be 250,000 Credits. You realise nothing in the game is 250 THOUSAND credits. You must be out of your mind...

A line has to be drawn somewhere, developers need to make money somehow. 250k is easily affordable, but won't make it so easy that you can just buy all the slots within a week.

EDIT: From what I can see in this thread, even 250k is too easy to obtain, so the idea of the price doubling after each purchase sounds good.

Edited by FOLTHEON

I mean, with all my credits, charge me 15,000 Cs and i'd gladly pay up for another slot space. But to use my platinum simply to do what the game wants me to, seems a little flawed.

Will this be changed in the future? And does anyone else see the flaw in this?

I agree with the second poster if they were to do this with credits something along the lines of 300k or so. This is literally a convenience option since you are not barred from selling a frame and buying another as with the weapons I don't disagree with them tagging 20 for a frame slot and 12 for more weapon slots.

Edit: 250k creds should only be the first slot with 500k being the second slot and so on getting more expensive.

Edited by Joos

Well as it is, its pretty insanely easy to build up credits. A single mission nets you 1-3k and mods range from 500-lots. And besides devs are already looking at adjusting plat and credit prices.

Not really. I just play for one week (okay, vacation for now but still) and have almost 700k. In addition to that i bought 6 blueprints, which is another 150k and some weapons about another 150k. Makes easyly 1.000.000 Creds in a week. The highlevel mods are from 7-12k each, some maybe even more, will see about that.

So 250k isn´t much, really! And i DO have played other games as well in this time!

I say it again. 24 hour slot rentals. 50k per slot per 24 hours or whatever fee seems reasonable for mediocre/seasoned players.

That doesn't make any sense. What happens if you don't pay the 50k? You lose your Warframe?

I don't know about others, but the idea of renting always puts me off. I'd rather work my way to earn the Credits and just buy it.

Steve have a look at this.

I mean, look at Vindictus, for example. You can buy slots but you have enough for each character type, and for each new character that comes out they give you one slot.

Now I absolutely don't want to say that you should implement that many slots, but 2 warframes and 8 weapons (of which 3 must be occupied) is ridiculously restrictive.

I agree with the second poster if they were to do this with credits something along the lines of 300k or so. This is literally a convenience option since you are not barred from selling a frame and buying another as with the weapons I don't disagree with them tagging 20 for a frame slot and 12 for more weapon slots.

Edit: 250k creds should only be the first slot with 500k being the second slot and so on getting more expensive.

I am in agreement with this.

I agree with the sentiment that weapon and warframe slots should be purchaseable with ingame credits. I also agree that it's reasonable for the ingame cost for expansions to be overpriced a bit. I would like to throw out that giving us more slots will only make us want to get more stuff to fill those slots. In effect, having the storage room for more stuff encourages customers to want to buy more stuff, so overpricing them too much is not that great an idea.

Ok just giving out a idea here. Make it so some slots are purchable via credits, so you have to work for then, but... lock it out after 2 warframe slots having been bought and probably 8 new weapon slots ( because there will be a toon more weapons, so 8 is not really over the top). So if you wish to get more slots you'll have to buy then with platinum.

Edited by Ingway

Ok just giving out a idea here. Make it so some slots are purchable via credits, so you have to work for then, but... lock it out after 2 warframe slots having been bought and probably 8 new weapon slots ( because there will be a toon more weapons, so 8 is not really over the top). So if you wish to get more slots you'll have to buy then with platinum.

I think an escalating pricing for each additional weapon and frame slot is a better idea than a hard lockout. While there arn't many frames and weapons now, you can be guaranteed that there will surely be more released as new content down the line. Keeping the game's logevity in mind, the last thing you want is a hard lockout cap, as that just puts us in the same situation we're in now.

I think an escalating pricing for each additional weapon and frame slot is a better idea than a hard lockout. While there arn't many frames and weapons now, you can be guaranteed that there will surely be more released as new content down the line. Keeping the game's logevity in mind, the last thing you want is a hard lockout cap, as that just puts us in the same situation we're in now.

Yes but it's not the same as the pro system where you actually get a power advantage over others that don't pay, space isn't really mandatory for those who know how to keep their inventory organized, and that way the devs can profit from as well, i'm guessing a hard lockout would be rather harsh in a way too, but it's the most i can come up with to make then get some profit from it.

better idea make it so you get 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots per rank up this means you actualy get an advantage upon ranking (this is a good thing) and it allows free users to attempt to get the next rank (as they need more weapon points to get to that)

Edited by STARSBarry

better idea make it so you get 1 warframe slot and 4 weapon slots per rank up this means you actualy get an advantage upon ranking (this is a good thing) and it allows free users to attempt to get the next rank (as they need more weapon points to get to that)

That's actually a pretty neat idea, i suggest making the rank up mission a little more diverse as well... i don't know if all of then will be this way, but the rank 2 one i did was simply kill these 3 grinner and be done with it... quite dissapointing actually.

Honestly, since I'm still rank 0 (don't laugh - my computer is worse than a toaster, so I can only play on my brother's rig... Very awkward) I just figured that's how it works, since I couldn't find any additional slots in the shop.

But, if you have to actually buy the slots... That's a tad disappointing. I suppose they have to make money somehow, I just wish they'd of stuck with "got money? HAVE ALL THE COSMETICS!"

Edited by Skarulf

Honestly, since I'm still rank 0 (don't laugh - my computer is worse than a toaster, so I can only play on my brother's rig... Very awkward) I just figured that's how it works, since I couldn't find any additional slots in the shop.

But, if you have to actually buy the slots... That's a tad disappointing. I suppose they have to make money somehow, I just wish they'd of stuck with "got money? HAVE ALL THE COSMETICS!"

what cosmetics? there is barely any thus I agree on buying slots.

what cosmetics? there is barely any thus I agree on buying slots.

Beta is beta. As it stands, there is a button in the Warframe selection bit of your arsenal that mentions something about skins, I believe - they don't exist yet, but when they do, that seems like it'd be a decent cash sink... Perhaps even more pages of selectable colors?

Edited by Skarulf