Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon

Taikaponi

Just couple small suggestions for Oberon's abilities.

Smite

Smite's projectiles need a damage buff and they should seek enemies instead of just fly in straight line. Currently the the projectiles deal 150 damage (really DE?) and they really rarely even hit other enemies.

Hallowed Ground

Hallowed Ground should have a 100% chance of slowing down enemies. Currently the enemies just walk over the ''carpet'' and take barely no damage.

Reckoning

Make the amount of health that the health orbs heal increase (or decrease) depending on power strength. For example, with +100% power strength bonus, the orbs would heal 50 health each.

Edited by Taikaponi

"Deals 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 Radiation damage every half second for 10 / 15 / 17 / 20 seconds."
So if that's correct, that's 4k damage by the time it's done, let's say 3k to account for enemies that moved away in time or if HG wasn't placed well
It takes two HG's to match one Reckoning in energy expenditure, so that's 6k Radiation damage vs. 1250 that's half Impact and half Radiation. Something I'm missing here? (do note I love using Reckoning, but Hallowed Ground's no joke if placed properly)

Unless I missed something such as Reckoning builds over HG builds.
Edited by TenshuYuusha

"Deals 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 Radiation damage every half second for 10 / 15 / 17 / 20 seconds."
So if that's correct, that's 4k damage by the time it's done, let's say 3k to account for enemies that moved away in time or if HG wasn't placed well
It takes two HG's to match one Reckoning in energy expenditure, so that's 6k Radiation damage vs. 1250 that's half Impact and half Radiation. Something I'm missing here? (do note I love using Reckoning, but Hallowed Ground's no joke if placed properly)

Unless I missed something such as Reckoning builds over HG builds.

400 DPS with +100% power strength, ''nice''. I can just spam bunch of Reckonings (3k damage with almost instant cast time), loot the energy orbs and spam it again.

Edited by Taikaponi

400 DPS with +100% power strength. I can just spam bunch of Reckonings, loot the energy orbs and spam it again.

It's why I added Reckoning builds vs. HG builds and checking the wiki:

"Increasing both Power Duration and Power Strength will result in 23358 total damage, while reducing length to 6 meters and width to 3 meters, and increasing the cost to 77.5 energy."

Taking out the range disadvantage, that'd put HG at 8931 total damage if the enemies didn't move or you added on a Stretch, versus Reckoning's 2863 that can be used in a wide area. They balance out, though HG may have more utility in late Survivals and Defense missions. (you're not killing anything with Reckoning to get those Health Orbs by that point, you're now just using it to shut everything up for a bit)

Unless you're in Defense/get to the objective in M Defense, HG becomes quite hilarious when you bring Shade and it ghosts you in front of a swarm of enemies (such as Survival) that and general door traps in Defense anyway. Your last bit can be said for HG as well so I don't know why you brought it up.

Edited by TenshuYuusha

It's why I added Reckoning builds vs. HG builds and checking the wiki:

"Increasing both Power Duration and Power Strength will result in 23358 total damage, while reducing length to 6 meters and width to 3 meters, and increasing the cost to 77.5 energy."

Unless you're in Defense/get to the objective in M Defense, HG becomes quite hilarious when you bring Shade and it ghosts you in front of a swarm of enemies (such as Survival) that and general door traps in Defense anyway. Your last bit can be said for HG as well so I don't know why you brought it up.

23358 damage in 51 seconds. With 77,5 energy cost you can cast Hallowed Grounds maximum of 3 times with 300 energy. 23358/51*3 = 1374 DPS. I think I'll just stick to my Lato. You would literally need 900 energy to out-DPS maxed Lato with HG. Most high-tier guns deal that 23k damage in one second.

Edited by Taikaponi

23358 damage in 51 seconds. With 77,5 energy cost you can cast Hallowed Grounds maximum of 3 times with 300 energy. 23358/51*3 = 1374 DPS. I think I'll just stick to my Lato. You would literally need 900 energy to out-DPS maxed Lato with HG. Most high-tier guns deal that 23k damage in one second.

This was HG vs. Reckoning, not HG vs. a gun. :v

If that's the case, the same can be said for Reckoning due to how powers don't scale well as enemies level up and get beefier our weapons will outshine all damage dealing powers for the most part. As I edited, you're not killing anything with a Reckoning by that point unless you took the time to whittle down enemy health to the point where the next Reckoning WOULD kill them (unrealistic) and thus your shot at a health orb, otherwise Reckoning becomes more of a momentary disabler than a heavy damage dealer that HG could possibly be as it's passive damage vs. Reckoning's slight rooting (slide jump slam dunk Reckoning) and recovery time.

And in that situation, the problem would be Oberon's element in his powers, especially for Reckoning which only does Radiation, which only has an advantage over Ancient Healers, Corrupted Lancers, and MOA enemies in the Void, everything else is either base damage or reduced damage. (anywhere else, Reckoning's all right against Grineer heavies and the aforementioned Ancient Healers for an extra oomph in damage, which HG also gets anyway except with the addition of Impact damage which makes it all right against Corpus enemies, Regular and Corrupted)

Edited by TenshuYuusha

This was HG vs. Reckoning, not HG vs. a gun. :v

If that's the case, the same can be said for Reckoning due to how powers don't scale well as enemies level up and get beefier our weapons will outshine all damage dealing powers for the most part. As I edited, you're not killing anything with a Reckoning by that point unless you took the time to whittle down enemy health to the point where the next Reckoning WOULD kill them (unrealistic) and thus your shot at a health orb, otherwise Reckoning becomes more of a momentary disabler than a heavy damage dealer that HG could possibly be as it's passive damage vs. Reckoning's slight rooting (slide jump slam dunk Reckoning) and recovery time.

And in that situation, the problem would be Oberon's element in his powers, especially for Reckoning which only does Radiation, which only has an advantage over Ancient Healers, Corrupted Lancers, and MOA enemies in the Void, everything else is either base damage or reduced damage.

1. Reckoning deals 50% impact and 50% radiation damage, making it great against shields as well. It's best combined with Corrosive weapons.

2. You are missing the point. Reckoning has over 20-meter radius with just Stretch on, so you can hit that 3k damage on dozens of enemies. Try to fit all those enemies in the 6x3 square meter tile of HG. Reckoning also offers way more CC by knocking down all the enemies.

I think there is no point to continue with argument because the chances of us convincing each other are quite low it seems :P Let's just continue to use the abilities we prefer more.

1. Reckoning deals 50% impact and 50% radiation damage, making it great against shields as well. It's best combined with Corrosive weapons.

2. You are missing the point. Reckoning has over 20-meter radius with just Stretch on, so you can hit that 3k damage on dozens of enemies. Try to fit all those enemies in the 6x3 square meter tile of HG. Reckoning also offers way more CC by knocking down all the enemies.

I think there is no point to continue with argument because the chances of us convincing each other are quite low it seems :P Let's just continue to use the abilities we prefer more.

Oh crap, my bad, I had Reckoning and HG mixed up in those damage types.

For your second point, I didn't miss the point, I mentioned that in my earlier post that they balance out that Reckoning's lesser damage spreads out to more enemies, but HG gives you more time to move. Also you neglected to read when I removed the range loss and compared HG and Reckoning that way. They balance each other out as a focused power and an AoE. You just restated my earlier point about Reckoning earlier as well. :P

And like I said, I use Reckoning more because my guns and my melee go well with its CC, but I'm not ignoring the fact that HG is no joke when placed properly and can outdo Reckoning in effectiveness given the situation. (the introduction of Life Strike kinda makes the healing properties of both powers a moot point too, so I don't rely on Reckoning for a heal either)

Edited by TenshuYuusha

In case you didn't notice, you always have to make the most optimistic potential result in order to make HG looks useful. But let's be honest, enemy standing still for 20 seconds? how often that will happen? and if that somehow happened then it means you're letting enemy standing still for 20 seconds?

So lets take a different view

HG

At best : Kills a group of enemies

At worst : Enemy just walk pass it taking very small damage

Requirement : Well placed casting and enemies to not move outside of area

Reckoning

At best : Kill a group of enemies and drop a good amount of health orb

At worst : Enemies will take small damage and got knocked down

Requirement : Casted when there are enemies in range

I will pick Reckoning simply because even at its worst it still have a reliable utility.

In case you didn't notice, you always have to make the most optimistic potential result in order to make HG looks useful. But let's be honest, enemy standing still for 20 seconds? how often that will happen? and if that somehow happened then it means you're letting enemy standing still for 20 seconds?

So lets take a different view

HG

At best : Kills a group of enemies

At worst : Enemy just walk pass it taking very small damage

Requirement : Well placed casting and enemies to not move outside of area

Reckoning

At best : Kill a group of enemies and drop a good amount of health orb

At worst : Enemies will take small damage and got knocked down

Requirement : Casted when there are enemies in range

I will pick Reckoning simply because even at its worst it still have a reliable utility.

I do prefer Reckoning over HG, but being Ghost'd in front of a large group of enemies and laying down some HGs is pretty fun and does decent damage over a slam dunk Reckoning. My only thing against OP was the notion that HG does little to no damage compared to Reckoning, on topic with his suggestion FOR HG, the slow-down, is ok, don't get me wrong, I just got nit-picky that they were ignoring the fact that if placed right, HG is good. While early on Reckoning will most likely kill everything in range with one use, later on unless your weapon has quite a bit of power behind it, Reckoning stops being as useful for damage and on a sidenote I noticed an update ago DE fixed the Reckoning bug that made it easily exploitable against heavies (doing a second Reckoning before they got up would cause them to forever levitate until you shot/melee'd them to death, did Reckoning again, or they got staggered) that will be missed. :v