Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akbolto Or Lex?

Juke

Question

15 answers to this question

I wouldnt say that the Lex is an endgame pistol, if you want to stick with it i suggest building the kraken which is pretty much Lex 2.0 or go for the akbolto.

Hmm okay, I'd rather pick whatever is best for endgame. Akbolto seems to be more popular. What's your view on Strun Vs Hek?

Pistols, Akbolto definitely. While its amusing to play sniper with Lex, Akbolto beats it 10-0 in sheer DPS.

Hmm okay, I'd rather pick whatever is best for endgame. Akbolto seems to be more popular. What's your view on Strun Vs Hek?

Hek obviously, if you have the rank. Though you absolutely need to find a clip size mod for it to make it useful.

Pistols, Akbolto definitely. While its amusing to play sniper with Lex, Akbolto beats it 10-0 in sheer DPS.

Hek obviously, if you have the rank. Though you absolutely need to find a clip size mod for it to make it useful.

Alright cool, I'll start working towards the Akbolto's and I'm already trying to get to rank 4 for the Hek.

I tried strun, short clip and high recoil made my experiece very paiful. Maybe it gets better after modding, but its got to go through the way to it by leveling, and its not a pleasant process.. Its like melee with a gun, you go for a melee, but instead you shoot a gun.. point blank...

WHY THE HELL YOU NEED TO DO THAT ?

Guns should hit targets from range. Strun is a melee weapon with amunition... nuff said.

I tried strun, short clip and high recoil made my experiece very paiful. Maybe it gets better after modding, but its got to go through the way to it by leveling, and its not a pleasant process.. Its like melee with a gun, you go for a melee, but instead you shoot a gun.. point blank...

WHY THE HELL YOU NEED TO DO THAT ?

Guns should hit targets from range. Strun is a melee weapon with amunition... nuff said.

Every weapon is a steaming pile of &#! at low level, no need to diss the Strun for not complying with Hek's OPness.

Well, you seem to have been able to reach a decision pretty quickly. The thing is, both bolt weapons and shotguns have limited range. Both weapons are beyond excellent, but you'll need to make sure you can close gaps and stay close® to the enemy.

Well, you seem to have been able to reach a decision pretty quickly. The thing is, both bolt weapons and shotguns have limited range. Both weapons are beyond excellent, but you'll need to make sure you can close gaps and stay close® to the enemy.

I've just seen the same answers repeated for the majority over the forums, I'm going to be up close most of the time anyway because I'm a Rhino, I'm always open to hear other opinions though.

If you can afford it, and have mods for max ammo and max clip size, I would say AKBolto.

Take onto consideration that they're somewhat unwieldly due to their projectile and will require a bit of practice to properly utilize their tracers and leading-on the targets, in particular against moving targets.

That being said, they carry a massive punch and with headshots and proper modding you may dispatch a Grineer Heavy Gunner with a third of a clip.

Edited by OriKlein