Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Barely Hear Transmitions.

(PSN)MitchCRafT_nM3

I am using my Turtlebeach XP510 so yeah not a cheap headset but even with that set to full volume i can barely make out what the in game transmitions are saying they are so quiet!

I was speaking to someone through ingame chat which was fine as was the rest of the in game souns but the transmitions need fixing. I have went in to options and they are set to max volume there so it's not that.

Thanks Mitch.

OK so i know what the issue is now, people who have played on the PS4 will know that these transmissions are played through the speaker on the PS4 controller but for some reason when using a headset it doesn't reroute through to the headset.

I am not sure if i was ever hearing it through the headset but very low volume or I was just hearing it through the spesker on my controller but seeing as my ears are covered with my headset i can't hear it properly.

I am not sure who this lands on tbh? TurtleBeach, Sony or game devs?

Did you look into options menu and turning off transmissions through controller? Might help, regardless, the headset I use simply plugs into the controller and all is right. Not quite sure what may be the fault of your current sound issue but perhaps some reconfiguration might be in order.

Didn't see that option but will look for it thanks. Configuration is fine, it's wireless, just needs the optical connection and a usb to the hub then you're set to go. Well except the cable for chat between the controller and headset, other than that it's all wireless.

Hopefully that option you mentioned will do the trick.

Thanks, i tried this while playing Killzone and yes while the audio played through the headset the overall qaulity was absolutely awful :(

All the bass just vanishes and i am left with this really low quality tinny sound, i just don't know what to do, i either put up with absolute rubbish quality if i want to hear sounds sent to my headset instead of the controller or have good quality and miss out on the controller based audio.

Well i spent £250 so I will be picking the better audio option. I think i am going to take this up with turtle beach and playstation tbh as it's now clear its an issue between them.

thanks for the help though it has helped me figure out i need to speak with SONY etc

I would recommend you go into the audio options menu and disable the "voice transmissions through controller" option.  This should route all of the transmissions through the main audio output on the PS4 which in turn will be played through your headset.  

The PS4 will automatically do this if you plug a headset into the PS4 controller's audio output but if you are using a wireless headset that connects to the PS4 instead of the controller, it will not auto-detect.

Thanks, i tried this while playing Killzone and yes while the audio played through the headset the overall qaulity was absolutely awful :(

All the bass just vanishes and i am left with this really low quality tinny sound, i just don't know what to do, i either put up with absolute rubbish quality if i want to hear sounds sent to my headset instead of the controller or have good quality and miss out on the controller based audio.

Well i spent £250 so I will be picking the better audio option. I think i am going to take this up with turtle beach and playstation tbh as it's now clear its an issue between them.

thanks for the help though it has helped me figure out i need to speak with SONY etc

All can say is best of luck to you, I personally stopped buying turlebeach as sometimes they are just an irritation to get the balance just right on games that use different sound settings. As said in an earlier post, Triton Kunai are a decent and somewhat cheap brand of headset that offers you pretty much the same as most turtlebeach headsets minus of course some of the bass increase and such.