Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Mission Proposal

Steampunkdragon

Weeeellllll it looks like my topic is similar to others. Last night I spent a long time in a T4 Defense mission... We made it to wave 40, just holding on, and our reward was a Forma Blueprint (I have nearly 30)... while I don't really expect the developers to just do away with rewards like that, however, I am proposing a slightly different system for Defense missions to help deal with things like that.

Along the way on that mission, a bunch of "all right" mission rewards showed up, but we kept fighting for the Loki Prime parts. My proposal (which is still set apart from Survival missions where you get every reward on the way) is for players to accumulate potential rewards, where every 5 waves you get to pick between any rewards which have dropped on the way, so if you keep going and nothing you really want drops, you can still pick the best out of what has dropped. I don't think it's right to punish players for trying harder and fighting tougher mobs.

This system would mean that you may still have to run a lot to get the thing you REALLY wanted, but at least you don't get stuck extracting with something you didn't want at all, you get to pick the best out of all the things that dropped (and even leaves room for players to pick different favourites within the group).

Just a thought, thanks for reading!