Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Or Rework The Embolist (Or Give Some Advice On How To Use It Properly)

thegamer118

As said in the title, the embolist needs a buff/rework, i love infested theme weapons but the embolist doesn t feel worth it to me. The spread is short, way too short (almost melee range in my opinion) and the effects are lying too us as the spread isn t as big as it shows, for me it shows that i could hit unit under the reticule (a little under the reticule) and it doesn t, those are my only problems

And i have an idea of a rework(if it gonna happen) like, make the embolist be the gun version of the torid(or a concept inspiration), that ll keep the poison theme of the gun and they re won t be problems and we can do that since the bolto is the gun version of the boltor so making a gun version of a rifle is a possibily without breaking some rules (i have no idea what i m saying)

On its own, it often isn't all that great.  It doesn't have the range to contain a defense node, and the range is so short that most of the time melee works just fine to dispatch the semi-large horde around you.

Where it shines, though, is when you have the means to pull everything together.  Probably the best example of this is Vaubans Vortex.  Pull a huge pile of bad guys into exactly the same spot and spray away.  You get to kill them all without the risk of the explosive weaponry, and since it's a secondary it means you can carry a strong primary to go with it for mobility.

Other places that it works well include: standing up from Undertow with Hydroid, after Mag Pull, with Loki after a Disarm or using a Decoy, running around a Nyx Chaos, or versus infested inside a Frost Snow Globe.  Essentially, it's kind of a niche weapon that only works worth a darn if you've got something to synergize with it and make clumps of enemies.

Magnum Force for more damage and spread cone. Full toxic build, try out how fast corpus die.

If the range is a problem, try CC. Shock your enemies with Volt, throw them to the ground with banshee, pull them with mag, blind them with Excalibur...

Snipe them through Volt's shield. (yes, that solves the range problem)

I solo'd the pre-event alerts with it. You know, those with a huge number of corpus cramped into tiny spaces dealing more damage than normal.

Zephyr's turbulence really made it easy.