Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo

vats3

Well I didn't mean to compare the games literally. What I meant is I am seeing spawns as of today (after playing for a few months) that look like the zombie hordes in L4D. Just that many enemies at a time shooting at me from all over. I'm not exaggerating when I am saying on the last few maps I played the enemies were all grouped up in doorways kind of stuck trying to all get through at once and they were all shooting. I think it is a bug more than anything else, since I've never seen the game do that before.

Also, some Defense missions or bosses I just can't get past (even to wave 5) to unlock the next part of the game and continue forward. I'm a person who loves games like Dark Souls and games with very difficult bosses, but the bosses in Warframe aren't of that caliber, where it feels like the fight is long because it's skill vs an actual tough boss. On the contrary, it just feels like the developers give the bosses a ridiculous amount of HP or shields and the battle lasts unreasonable long when soloing. It's more like a test of endurance (wanting to sit there killing a boss very slowly/very tedious) vs a skillful boss battle.

I haven't been able to farm anything. I can never complete warframes and I've seen no weapons blueprints drop. I'm not sure where to look, as many youtube videos are a bit older. Some places people mentioned I can't get to because of the cheap boss battles or defense missions I just can't get past.

There are many reasons as to why this might be happening. Let me tell you that so far I've laughed at every boss and even though I play with a friend most times, I could have always killed them on my own cause they are so bloody weak, they don't even require any strategy to beat them. Let me just start to ask you what weapons are you using.

Defense missions are harder but depending on how well upgraded your warframe is, they are doable. Mobile defenses on the other hand. At least the grineer ones. That's where you need a couple friends with you because the amount of enemies coming at you are huge. Even plyaing with 2 people it's usually not enough. Not that they kill you but they are so many they will destroy the artifact. The last failed atempt I had with a friend on a mobile mission (before calling re-enforcements to deal with it) we killed over 500 enemies so yeah, in these you'll not be able to solo but everything else should be soloable, even normal defenses.

They should use the scaling system City of Heroes used. It also needs to work for Duos, as well as Solo. In CoH you could pick from a 1 through 5 person spawn. So duo players could pick 2-3 person spawns and duo that. Also there was options if you wanted more boss-like enemies or more minions to appear. As for the boss fights, there was two options but they always rewarded the same (other than experience) which was elite for solo players or arch nemesis/villains (i think was the classification) for 5 person bosses. It really worked out well and covered every playstyle from solo, duo, trio to a full group. I don't know if DE looks over all these posts though, but hopefully they do.

I'm also still wondering if I showed them rough design for Warframes, if they'd use them. I have alot of full alternate versions of current characters too, even opposite sexes for frames. Not sure they would look at it. That's a topic for a different thread.

I do have to say one thing, the community on these forums is really great. People seem friendly here, and genuine.

I'm unfamiliar with CoH's system, but from what you described, I'm in favor with that. Still, I don't know how long it would take the devs to create, test, release to us, and further refine a similar system. But then again, that's why this is beta. ;)

I agree, the community here has been very welcoming and overall polite, thus far!

I'm unfamiliar with CoH's system, but from what you described, I'm in favor with that. Still, I don't know how long it would take the devs to create, test, release to us, and further refine a similar system. But then again, that's why this is beta. ;)

I agree, the community here has been very welcoming and overall polite, thus far!

It's a good system. People could solo all the content and still get the rewards, but the drop rate was slightly adjusted, but still it was possible in an hour of gameplay to get the proper rewards. Also this would help with the Defense missions. I will probably only be able to solo or duo them at the most because of connection issues. There's some I just can't get past so content is locked because of it. I'd say they should add a stacking items to convert to the real item you want, this way people who solo or duo Defense could get to the end, not get the actual full reward but doing it two times would give you the credit of doing it once.

The game is good for casual play, I hope they don't change that. Right now I am locked out of content I just can't beat and even when I invite people to my game connections drop almost immediately. Though I do prefer just solo/duo since my friend lives right by me when we play.

Bosses do not have lower health on solo. Trust me on this one.

Truth. However, they can easily be beaten with a level 30 weapon and a level 20+ character. Just be smart about ammo. In that way, just use the pistol and your melee weapons a bunch (but use powers sparingly). 

Hey Venarge, thanks for the reply.

Also, I wish energy would recharge a little bit like ME3 does. It horrible in some fights where you just run out and nothing is dropping and you are caught in a bad boss battle with no ammo at all. It just feels like energy should just recharge like alot of other games with energy, power, mana whatever similar mechanic and word you want to apply to it.

Well you simply have to find energy syphon :D This artifact regenerates your energy ;)

Truth. However, they can easily be beaten with a level 30 weapon and a level 20+ character. Just be smart about ammo. In that way, just use the pistol and your melee weapons a bunch (but use powers sparingly). 

Certain bosses require you carry an ammo box or two which I have mixed feelings about.  At the very least, Shield Regen and Health should be reduced for Solo mode and scaling for the number of players on the map should be a little more severe. 

To be honest, the only boss which requires me to spend quite a bit of ammo so far is the hyena and I only have 3 bosses I haven't fought yet.Still, even the hyena doesn't requires an ammo box.

Most bosses can be killed with a just a pair of AFuris. Well modded AFuris. Sure that those pistols eat a lot of ammo, but you save their ammo for the boss. If you have a similarly high rate of fire main gun like a gorgon or a braton you should do alright.

Other people like the AKBoltos, I never used them so I can't say how good they are but most people seam to agree that they are rather good as well.