Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Way Too Easy

touchmyoldsnake

So, to summarize it a bit, we all know, the call-it-like-that-for-now endgame (and probably on the way to get there) is too easy and while devs were joking on this topic, they are well aware of it.

Adding a hardmode, hardcore mode, difficulty slider, etc. as well as meaningfull endgame would greatly help or even solve this situation, right?

Already posted it here, but more on this topic at - Thoughts On Mods (Capacity, Polarity, Slots), Motivation, Challenges, Gamestyles And Endgame... - don't want to repast it all here (last 25% of the wall of text op).

Lol @ the take off your mods argument.  It's basically suggesting that people give up on any kind of progression in order to play at a higher difficulty.  In game difficulty is something the game should create, not the player.  People that bring up this argument are just trying to find a way to get the devs to not make the game any harder for them.

Exactly my point, but i will wait for the elaborate explanation in response to my questions.

Maybe there actually is something rational behind what they are claiming other than the fear of nerfing their toys.

Edited by Aerensiniac

So, to summarize it a bit, we all know, the call-it-like-that-for-now endgame (and probably on the way to get there) is too easy and while devs were joking on this topic, they are well aware of it.

Adding a hardmode, hardcore mode, difficulty slider, etc. as well as meaningfull endgame would greatly help or even solve this situation, right?

Already posted it here, but more on this topic at - Thoughts On Mods (Capacity, Polarity, Slots), Motivation, Challenges, Gamestyles And Endgame... - don't want to repast it all here (last 25% of the wall of text op).

Thankfully the devs have already talked about adding difficutly options. inb4harcorexinifarming

Thankfully the devs have already talked about adding difficutly options. inb4harcorexinifarming

You know, that "adding a difficulty option" can mean a lot of things., such as simply adding ton of hp to enemies and boost other numbers - i.e. is the easiest but most stupidest (and commonly used) one. That's why I would rather welcome something like hardcore mode, which would add some restrictions, such as, no revies (or limited ones, including the assisted ones), no ammo/health/shield drops from enemies (only lockers and containers), etc. to spice it up and making it more insteresting.

You know, that "adding a difficulty option" can mean a lot of things., such as simply adding ton of hp to enemies and boost other numbers - i.e. is the easiest but most stupidest (and commonly used) one. That's why I would rather welcome something like hardcore mode, which would add some restrictions, such as, no revies (or limited ones, including the assisted ones), no ammo/health/shield drops from enemies (only lockers and containers), etc. to spice it up and making it more insteresting.

Iirc steve said it would be more along the lines of AI changes.  Personally I'd like to see that and additional attributes (a la diablo) added to mobs.  Maybe have some buffed normal mobs with special abilities acting as champions on top of stuff like heavies and infested ancients. And buffed ancients with special abilities :O

More complicated enemy behavior and a more diverse set of enemies would be the first step.  Hardcore would probably have to wait until they've managed to find a good balance for added difficulty.  Otherwise they might run into inferno flame fests and people rage quitting because all their friends are breezing through higher difficulties with nyx while they're stuck at hard with their volt.

Edited by Aggh

Just saying that forcing the players to use the ammo, energy and items in economic way as well as preventing them to revive each other without any penalty is another good way to make the missions more difficult, but also to encourage proper team play even in public games.

Just saying that forcing the players to use the ammo, energy and items in economic way as well as preventing them to revive each other without any penalty is another good way to make the missions more difficult, but also to encourage proper team play even in public games.

While true, that's more of a stop gap change that would add a bit of difficulty for some but not all players.  Imo a lot of people complaining that the game is too easy wouldn't see that as much of an added challenge.

Edited by Aggh

I find it ridiculous that some people suggest that the game difficulty is okay.

HOW is it okay?

That those who stand still in the middle of crossfires die? How does the failure of those with the worst comprehension capabilities count towards game difficulty?

2 year olds have also issues with succeeding in warframe, so we probably should ease a bit on the difficulty. Excuse me what...?

I fail to understand how this is still being debated.

While true, that's more of a stop gap change that would add a bit of difficulty for some but not all players.  Imo a lot of people complaining that the game is too easy wouldn't see that as much of an added challenge.

When carefully implemented, they would :)