Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Legendary Weapons!

AstroNight

Hello all,

Hows this for an idea.

How about on some really really hard alerts a chance to get a legendary weapon BP if a reward is a '?' An idea for a legendary weapon could be a 'Railgun' in which it ignores armour and stuns target(s) hit dealing massive DMG.

Also so it is abit fairer making the BPs buyable in the market for a large 1m credits just incase you cant get an alert.

Thoughts??

PS can you think of any other weapons that could be legendary other than a railgun??

I was thinking that the railgun. Could be charged upto a max of 10 and then can be fired to deal massive dmg, but the laser cannon idea is good aswell, just need pistol and a sword, dont need more than 2 weapons in each area

We seriously neither need to make the game even easier than it already is, nor another money sink. It doesn't make any sense either, since there is no reason for a weapon you just crafted to be "legendary". Why would you want to use something like a railgun on spaceships, which are so fragile that you occasionally accidentally break the windows anyway, to begin with? Penetrating the wall of a space ship with a greatly accelerated projectile seems to be a dumb idea, unless we're talking about small and comparably weak ones, in which case I don't see any point in using them at all.

Edited by Marijan

We seriously neither need to make the game even easier than it already is, nor another money sink. It doesn't make any sense either, since there is no reason for a weapon you just crafted to be "legendary". Why would you want to use something like a railgun on spaceships, which are so fragile that you occasionally accidentally break the windows anyway, to begin with? Penetrating the wall of a space ship with a greatly accelerated projectile seems to be a dumb idea, unless we're talking about small and comparably weak ones, in which case I don't see any point in using them at all.

I dont mean something massive, as the PARIS can pen the windows sooo easily as it is, i just mean something small that can pen multiply targets and still do enough dmg to kill most but not all targets, it wouldnt be a money sink either unless your willing to payit is a f2p game after all so you can aquire by playing. Another point is there is no pvp soa weapon cant be classed as OP as much unless killing bosses with randoms

um no, please dont do this, the game as it is now there is no "super wepond" witch is what you are proposing you add and that is how a game like this should be there shouldent be a wepond that is just obviously "you should get this infact if you dont have it you will probly be useless compared to those who do" i like the idea of having rare weponds or cool looking wepond skins you could get but please dont have one this just clearly better then the others, all of them should be attest comparable

um no, please dont do this, the game as it is now there is no "super wepond" witch is what you are proposing you add and that is how a game like this should be there shouldent be a wepond that is just obviously "you should get this infact if you dont have it you will probly be useless compared to those who do" i like the idea of having rare weponds or cool looking wepond skins you could get but please dont have one this just clearly better then the others, all of them should be attest comparable

For the idea in general i dont mean OP to hell weapons just abit stronger and has unique properties that other weapons dont have.

Railgun - charged shots pen more targets

Soul Reaver - restors small amount of HP on target kill (10-20hp)

For the idea in general i dont mean OP to hell weapons just abit stronger and has unique properties that other weapons dont have.

Railgun - charged shots pen more targets

Soul Reaver - restors small amount of HP on target kill (10-20hp)

No.

The moment you add weapons "stronger" than the current selection you vastly reduce the ammount of good combinations.

I do like the idea of some form of energy blade, soul reaver or psi blades though.

But no legendary weapons.

Well I do like the Idea of legendary weapons that in itself is great for farming purpose or special ? alert missions; however the legendary weapons should not be op in anyway. Legendary weapons in general are not meant to be op but more unique maybe certain attributes.

Hey are u the same guy from BSN? I was using Hek against Defense Corpus in Pluto, guess what? lv90 walkers die in 1 shot regardless distance and I can do it in quick succession.

Yeah, I am from BSN. This is interesting, I still don't have Hek and haven't played Pluto defence (no people), I thought the max level of enemies is 60-70 :O

I vote that instead of a "Legendary Weapon" persay, I think it should be something more along the lines of a skin for the weapon, like skins for helmets. It might modify some stats in the weapon, and give it a rare look. Or we could do Legendary mods. They cost 15-20 with/without a polarity slot and have an effect like, say (+10% Fire,Frost,Electric Damage), or (X% chance for the next round to be explosive, dealing 50% weapon damage, but over a "X" radius), or some other, wacky effect.

They wouldn't have to be uber powerful, just more for creative players to find ways to use them.

Yeah, I am from BSN. This is interesting, I still don't have Hek and haven't played Pluto defence (no people), I thought the max level of enemies is 60-70 :O

It's me Crimson Vanguard. You should see what Hek can do, with 40% mag + ROF + Multishot + AP + Elements + Damage. It's a 6 shots Claymore with Scimitar's ROF

There already are some rare swords obtainable only from ? reward missions, but currently they are next to useless.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Sword

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Jaw_Sword

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pangolin_Sword

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Sword

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Dagger

Most of them have about the same stats as the basic skana, so are pretty useless.

I suggest to rework these to have special effects and/or stats, so there is an actual point to their rarity.

Otherwise +1 for the suggestion.

Rare drops would ensure a bit of a long term warranty.

To keep with DE's design philosophy (i.e. no overpowered weapons, everything has its place (before anyone goes "lol Hek" even more, this is beta, weapon stats are still being tuned and still most likely continue to be tuned after full release; there's a reason it's a design philosophy)) then these hypothetical legendary weapons would have to be a side-grade in terms of stats (best case scenario there). What would identify them as "Legendary" would be their appearance and their rarity. Special weapon attributes (such as multiple penetration from the railgun example in this thread) shouldn't be limited to these legendary, and potentially super rare, weapons because then you're excluding a large amount of the playerbase from fun game mechanics.

But then the question remains: what kind of visual appearance would identify a Legendary Weapon in a game like Warframe, where it already has such a unique design style. We have weapons ranging from the utilitarian Braton to the plasma-edged Gram to the jerky sword meaty Mire to the hilariously ridiculous dagger-axe skin. The range of unique visuals is only going to expand with every standard weapon. So what does that leave us with? Particle effects? Auras? Even more grandiose designs? It's hard to say what would please the majority of players when visually designing Legendary Weapons.

Personally I don't think Warframe needs such a thing. As long as they keep releasing interesting new weapons (both in function and in appearance) then there's no reason to restrict these new designs to the uber-rich (credits/materials-wise) of Warframe. What's wrong with making the railgun concept a regular weapon? Why does it need to be "Legendary?" The satisfaction shouldn't be in spending way too much time to obtain something rare. The satisfaction should come from using the weapon itself.

Edited by ArcanumMBD