Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Tanks Sturdier

FatRefrigerator

so no tank perks?

dammit... I have a day and a half till my Rhino is built and you guys just told me he's no use >.>

well... damn... looking forward to some updates then :)

I guess if having ~900 shields and nearly 1 minute of invulnerability is no use to you...

I think stagger is okay for Rhino

Like, when an infested runner pops

that makes sense to stagger a bit

But I agree that knockdown attacks should not affect him.

Rhino should never fall off his feet, even when those orange corpus bibots discharge.

I think stagger is okay for Rhino

Like, when an infested runner pops

that makes sense to stagger a bit

But I agree that knockdown attacks should not affect him.

Rhino should never fall off his feet, even when those orange corpus bibots discharge.

I think it'd be better if all of the movement-impairing effects that can be inflicted upon players should be stepped for Rhino. Meaning, attacks that typically give knockdowns will cause the Rhino to do the slide recovery; and staggering attacks will simply be shrugged off by the Rhino. Read the main post, its more or less what I just said but in more detail.

Explain to me how this would work. I thought about it myself but couldn't think of a way to make it a consistent result. There are lots of factors to consider(Enemy level, how much armour does what, what happens when you actually get hit).

There is a set stun duration, which is reduced by a formula that uses the Warframe armour value. That's the most reasonable way of doing it, I think. Knockdowns could possibly be downgraded to stuns above certain armour thresholds, perhaps.

Wanna a sturdy tank? Go with Trinity! :D.

(also observing a boss cutting in half his life with a power attack on me with active link has no price lol).

Seriously, she is the tankest warframe i have ever seen ^^ (just needs energy syphon and a good level fo streamline).

Wanna a sturdy tank? Go with Trinity! :D.

(also observing a boss cutting in half his life with a power attack on me with active link has no price lol).

Seriously, she is the tankest warframe i have ever seen ^^ (just needs energy syphon and a good level fo streamline).

Meh, not what i was hoping you'd say

I don't understand why you think tying this to armor value is a bad idea. You realize that the rhino and frost have the most armor out of all frames by at least 50, right? Even with a maxed out steel fiber, an excalibur or other frames with 50 armor are going to have less armor than a rhino or frost out of the box, and 7 or 14 fewer mod points. According to the wiki, the only frame that comes close is Saryn.

Why not make the armor value required to do a slide recovery like you're suggesting ~105? That way a light armored frame would only be able to dream about it, a mid-armored frame would need to burn the mod points on a fully leveled steel fiber to get it, Saryn would be able to get it with a clean steel fiber, and Frost and Rhino wouldn't have to put in any effort at all.

Everyone agrees and so do I. Rhino is supposed to be THE Tank. What's funny is my Volt can Tank a Boss just by running around like a mad man flinging my two daggers (Fang). Its not my job its Rhino's job.

Regardless of Rhino or not... the way I'm envisioning this in my mind, would look quite cool indeed.  Though from the logical standpoint, Rhino and Frost, among the two heaviest warframes out there, should to some extent by the laws of physics be merely pushed back.  I gather this based on the assumption that the same shield lancer pushes with his shield with the equal amount of force, and yet is able to knock back a Rhino as well as an Ash, a Loki, or a Volt.

However as likely previously said in the post, later level shielders may be considered "beefier," and thus have more strength to successfully knock down even Rhino by chance.

Tanks should have naturally higher Stamina to make up for a low sprint speed

Didn't consider this but it does make some sense. A Tenno inside a tank frame would be used to the weight of it and thus have a great amount of stamina and endurance. The motto of the Rhino: "Out of shape going in, in shape coming out."

I could agree to the below changes you suggested. For being the slowest and the biggest frame he should not be affected by the little things.

Thing's that should make Rhinos do the cool slide with a quicker recovery:

Shockwave Moa shockwaves
Shield Lancer's shield bash
Melee attacks from ancients(The strong ones that sound like a shield hitting you)

Things that Rhinos should be unaffected by (but still take damage):
Railgun Moa shots
Melee attacks from mooks (This includes Grineer Sawmen, Corpus Prod Crewmen, etc.)
Grinders
Exploding infected runners
Infected Chargers
The ranged stretchy arm attack from ancients

Things that should stay from your list and reason why.

The AoE ground slam that minibosses do(Grineer minigunners, bombardiers, etc.) - I cant support this because they are like the npc rhino and should have something besides just another gun to attack me with.

Jackal/Hyena shockwaves(This may be a bit OP, but I'll put it out there)- it would be OP as you said.

so no tank perks?

dammit... I have a day and a half till my Rhino is built and you guys just told me he's no use >.>

well... damn... looking forward to some updates then :)

Wouldn't say no use, he can face tank anything with iron skin, can stun bosses for over 10 seconds with his ulti and has the highest armour value of all warframes.

Wouldn't say no use, he can face tank anything with iron skin, can stun bosses for over 10 seconds with his ulti and has the highest armour value of all warframes.

Frost has the same armor as a Rhino, and even more if you use the optional Aurora helmet.

Everything else is VERY true, though. XD

Also make Frost don't have his shields reduced when their's ice around? Cause it kind of makes sense.

+1 also

I would agree with having Frost retain his shields on the ice environmental modifier, IF they reduced his innate armor from 150 to 100, especially since his helmet gives him more.

Didn't consider this but it does make some sense. A Tenno inside a tank frame would be used to the weight of it and thus have a great amount of stamina and endurance. The motto of the Rhino: "Out of shape going in, in shape coming out."

Thought that was the motto for Cerberus armor. =P

But yeah, +1 for OP, agreed. Rhino is my most used frame, so I may or may not be a little biased.