Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question Concerning Shield/health Mods

Abekrie

Question

I have a small question concerning the shield and health mods that are in Warframe, and it will be concerning how much they affect the total shield and health amounts.

Here is my level 9 Nyx with no health/shield mods on:

m1Ls2wF.jpg

There is an even amount of 160 and 160 for my health and shields. Now I will add my health/shield mod, Vigor, that is to boost both of the shield and health totals by 100%

ekKIuD7.jpg

Without really needing to do any math to figure out what I'd get, it'd be safe to presume that I am to be getting 320 as my amount for shield and health after installing this mod... but it doesn't.

hKidxWN.jpg

It's only doubling the starter values of a level one Nyx rather than on top of what my base values actually are. My question to ask is "Why is this only affecting a value that is higher than what it thinks it is?". 

If it's not meant to be this way, then this will need to get looked at after U14 (as that will be when they have free time to do balancing and fixing). If it's supposed to be this way, then I must ask "Why?". Warframes get small boosts the higher level they go, but I don't see why it shouldn't be ignored by the mods that are supposed to be dependent on the base values of the health and shield stats.

6 answers to this question

Wow from that angle and using that animation I can really see the carbon copy of Excal!

Also that's how it's always been. If you were to be lvl 30 with 300 health or shield then slap on a max redirection/vitality (that's 440% btw) well... That's just overkill

It is base value x shield boost + level 30 shields. If Vitality/Redirection would be boosting max shield numbers, we would have Loki with 1000+ shields and Rhino with 2000+ shields.

Edited by RoboDoge