Minigun_Portable_model_CoDG.png

=

HeavyVector.png

Conclustion: WE NEED A MINIGUN OR/AND A CHAINGUN

As soon as rhino see's the new weapon:heavy-weapons-guy1-1.jpg

Rhino will be happy and rush to get it :3f64654be4589791012ef5c3777863ef1.png

End result: (photoshop credit to thelastpwnr99)5RwsWP5.jpg

Edited by Brawleee

Max Shred and Speed Triger on the Gorgon. there you go.

I and many others consider that an LMG. Minigun's are different in that you are unable to ADS, while with the gorgon, you can. Minigun's generally have a much larger clip as well.

Edited by Brawleee

Max Shred and Speed Triger on the Gorgon. there you go.

Yes but what we need is 8 of those gorgons duct taped together, then dual wield it.

But in all seriousness we need more variation in guns, and a Giant ChainGun would be amazing, or something with an absolutely absurd and hilarious clip size, something like 250.

the ammo economy would be terrible...

Fixable with ammo mutation mods. And its not like there arent weapons in the game with ammo economy problems as it is... *Cough* grakata, snipers, gorgon, cestra *cough*

Edited by Brawleee

even with mutation mods you can only use things like the gorgon up to a certain point 

It still helps, and if you can actually manage your ammo (switching to melee when close or switch to your pistol every so often), even without mutation mods, you can get a lot out of any weapon. No matter how bad the ammo economy is on it.

Edited by Brawleee

Why not just make a new kind of ammo type for the miniguns/chainguns? So every pickup would yield about 50-200 ammo (depending on magazine size, thinking about 500 or 1000), since the firerate would be pretty damn high. To compensate they would need very low damage, though. Would be pretty cool if you switched out ADS with some kind of alternate function, like tripod or something.

We can already kill things damn fast with other guns, without a new gun that might be able to kill even faster, and guns are meant to supplement our abilities, not replace them.

By the time I spool up a minigun, everything would be dead and my team would have moved on, ie Supra.

EDIT: You can't just say "Minigun! Looks awesome!" then not give any suggestion on it's mechanics, and where it would fit in the game. Might as well sell you a Supra Minigun skin. Fixed.

Edited by DSpite

Fixable with ammo mutation mods. And its not like there arent weapons in the game with ammo economy problems as it is... *Cough* grakata, snipers, gorgon, cestra *cough*

My vectis has no ammo problems... but that has something to do with metal auger shooting through 5 enemies at once and my vectis one shotting stuff up to around lv 30...

Would be interesting to have a proper, old school minigun that limits your movement while firing

Agreed. Say what you want, but the Gorgon and Supra simply don't pass for true miniguns.

I'd like to see a close-ranged beast similar to TF2's minigun-- right click to start winding up (slowing down movement speed), left click to spew out death itself when maximum wind speed is reached. No zooming.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yes but what we need is 8 of those gorgons duct taped together, then dual wield it.

But in all seriousness we need more variation in guns, and a Giant ChainGun would be amazing, or something with an absolutely absurd and hilarious clip size, something like 250.

How about not having a clip at all? 

540 rounds limit the duration you can fire, no reload required except when you actually run out and need to add more. 

Made a quick sketch on rhino prime with a minigun... Something like this?

I know it's rough but I wanna see if the general idea is something along these lines :p

14c4psh.jpg

Getting Vulcan Raven vibes from this sketch. 

Edited by TwiceDead