Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Prime Worth It?

(PSN)Poopyball

Question

Wyrm's pretty gimmicky to me. After ranking the Prime to 30, I realized that it certainly isn't a bad Sentinel at all with that crazy life-saving AoE knockdown, but he's still pretty unpredictable and unreliable (whereas sentinels like Carrier and Helios have smaller, but more reliable, effects).

As long as you're not using precision weapons or melee weapons that the knockdown could cause to miss, though, I'd definitely recommend Wyrm Prime. The AoE knockdown has saved my butt on several occasions (which Carrier tends to do far less; he's more of a passive just-for-convenience sentinel), and the long-ranged laser sniping is great for pointing you to the nearest hidden enemy even if you don't have the laser modded to do significant damage.

It's no different from the regular Wyrm, though, and the Prime rifle, though powerful, actually isn't much stronger than the now-buffed standard Laser Rifle.

Take your Wyrm for a spin for a few missions. If you don't find Wyrm useful, you won't find Wyrm Prime useful either.

Edited by SortaRandom