Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About Destroying Rooms, And The Decorations Still In Them, And Ui Rant

unmog

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not if you destroy a room with decorations still in it if the decorations automatically get destroyed and refunded back or not? Perhaps stranger if they don't get destroyed, do they stay there if you later rebuilt the room perhaps? I'm wondering this because the UI for having to edit/delete decorations in the dojo is still god awful as it forces you to make repeat trips back and forth to the room terminal to do so instead of just letting you bring up the menu, Usually I just suck it up and delete everything first, but I was wondering if anyone tested this or not and actually checked to see if stuff was refunded, if so let me know, really getting tired of it~

The UI as it still is actually prevents me from decorating both sides of an elevator too, since I cant bring objects from other rooms and I cant push the elevator button to get to different floors. Really this has been a problem since day one, why hasn't this terrible UI been fixed? And it would be "so" much easier if we actually had a list of everything in our vault. If I could just access this information in the treasury or something to see how many rubedo or whatever I had without needing to build something that uses rubedo to see. Would also be nice if members could donate other stuff than creds if they wanted. I also think since it IS supposed to be my clan I should be able to take stuff out, but meh thats another discussion really.

I could probably go on longer about these and other issues with the dojo but I'm hoping that with U14 the dojo will get a "little" loving at least since they mentioned we will be able to build stuff for the pvp stuff in your dojo and such.

From what I understand, you can't destroy a room until you remove all the decorations within it. But yeah, decorating is just a pain. We could change entities with the object we are trying to make, and place it that way. It'd be so much better that way.

i would love to be able to run around as a sentient maple tree :P

although i think it would be more convenient if you could toggle between being the object (so you can see exactly how it will look if it's something like a decoration) and seeing a "floor plan" aerial view of the room.

edit: yes it is extremely inconvenient currently but it's not really a top priority, so i don't think the dojo will get some love :( unless they ninja something in through update 14, which would make sense since it's a UI update ? ? ?

Edited by Gelatino

From what I understand, you can't destroy a room until you remove all the decorations within it.

Well, I was asking for confirmations. :p I can confirm that you CAN que a room for deletion with decorations still inside. The room turns red and the decorations dont. I just wonder what would happen if the room deletes with the decorations in it... do you get refunded everything automatically? I guess Im going to be the one to figure this out or not...

Okay... so deleting a room with a bush in it. I have currently 1650 polymer bundles, 2370 plastids, and 20 neurodes in my vault currently. I should be getting back an extra 300pb, 150 plastids, and 1 neurode. So for SCIENCE I'll be taking one for the team to find out once and for all~

Edited by unmog

Alright, so after the room deleted I tried first rebuilding it and did not see a bush where I had left one. So then I built another bush to see what my current amount of resources were. After comparing my current amount with my previous I indeed saw I was reimbursed, though the amounts are different. Maybe its because prices for the bush have changed since I last built one which was awhile back.

Anyway my current PB is 4150, 2420 plastids and 21 neurodes. Thats a difference of 2500 polymer bundles [way over the 300 its supposed to be.] 50 plastids [was supposed to be 150 but Im not hurting for plastids so meh~] and an extra neurode like it should be. Anyway I can confirm you do get back resources if you leave decorations in a room you're deleting... though it might not be 100% accurate in some resources. Your mileage may of course vary, but at least we know for sure now.

And, since I just saw this~

DERebecca, on 12 Jul 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Good news, everyone! Decoration Placement 'mode' and Decoration Edit 'mode' are being worked on to occur from the palm-of-your-hand, ESC menu style! This means you can enter either of these modes from anywhere in the Dojo without having to run back and forth!

:D

Edited by unmog