Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Master Thief And Intruder.

KirukaChan

As is, Master Thief is a decent mod with a really high points cost for what it does (and unnecessary RNG), and Intruder is fusion fodder (I didn't even use it on the hacking mastery test).

My idea combines the two into one and tweaks the effects a bit. The new mod would be called Master Hacker. Common, Dash (-) Polarity, Drain of 2, 10 ranks (max Drain of 12). The mod not only gives you extra time on existing hacking attempts (+1 second per level), but it also gives you the ability to crack open things that you normally could not, I.E., locked lockers and functional (non-blinking) MOA cabinets. Those normally inaccessible things would be hackable like any other hackable thing, and a hacking time limit of 1 to 10 seconds (based on Master Hacker's rank). Failing a hacking attempt (or hitting escape before you solve it) on a normally inaccessible locker or MOA cabinet will lock you out of it permanently. Each player who has Master Hacker gets one try per lock. This ensures that you can't just keep trying the same locker over and over until you open them all, but it gets rid of the annoying RNG from Master Thief. This also means that you need to make sure that there are no enemies left nearby before you get to work, or you're putting yourself at risk (unless you have a pal to watch your back, and no, Sentinels don't count).

This wouldn't be a "must-have" mod by any means, but it would be practical on some missions/maps (especially Corpus ones; delicious Shockwave MOAs). Depending on how good you are at the hacking puzzles, you could get away with running a lower leveled version of the mod.

You want me to hack every locked locker individually?

Maybe hacking open one locked locker unlocks all lockers in a large radius?

Maybe make each cracked open locker drop double the usual amount of loot. The failure lockout I feel is necessary for balance, and getting to open a bunch at once would mess with that. But extra loot could give more incentive to open them.

Maybe make each cracked open locker drop double the usual amount of loot. The failure lockout I feel is necessary for balance, and getting to open a bunch at once would mess with that. But extra loot could give more incentive to open them.

Balance against what?

If I'm giving up a mod slot I'd really rather Master Thief just be 100%. Why do I need to hack things?

Balance against what?

If I'm giving up a mod slot I'd really rather Master Thief just be 100%. Why do I need to hack things?

...Because it's better than RNG?

Maybe I'm just used to the idea of being happy with things that are just good enough.

When this happens, watch as they reduce the Nav and item drop rates from locker because you can now open all of them. Master Thief has a meh success rate because it greatly boosts the amount of Nav, especially Golem Nav, you can find when using it in combination with Thief's Wit.