Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade Storm Kinda Sucks (Graphically)

(PSN)nicanuva

I just got my hands on an Ash, and I love it to pieces. I have only one, huge, problem keeping me from using it often. The Blade Storm ability, while effective, has many flaws. When I use it, I see Ash commencing in the attacks described, but I still see the other enemies, much larger on the screen for some reason. I also had a problem recently where I was disrupted mid-cast, and was stuck in Blade Storm for the rest of the match-kind of. I was stuck floating in the air, invulnerable, and able only to fire my secondary. I was in a defense mission, and was unable to leave when I selected Claim & Exit, and even Abort Mission. I only exited by losing connection. Forcibly.

Really my only complaint is that the clones look more like lokis distraction hologram instead of a actual clone.

I assumed at first that it was a PS4 only glitch, seeing as you're a PC player, but OrphanMaker also has this problem. Guess you got lucky :P mine glitches every time, to some degree. I used it for the first time to show a friend because I thought it would be great. He said "What? What happened? Did you break the game?"

That bad. I just hope DE fixes it before I give up on Ash.

BladeStorm is broken in the sense it is a glitch monster. Everytime is use I glitch in some stupid way. Sometimes I get stuck floating in the air, and sometimes I get outside the tileset. BladeStorm is super glitchy.

This is a bit hyperbolic.  I used BS many times today with no issues.  Try reporting the tile and circumstances that produced the bug and maybe it will be fixed for good this time. 

This is a bit hyperbolic.  I used BS many times today with no issues.  Try reporting the tile and circumstances that produced the bug and maybe it will be fixed for good this time.

Or they could fix Blade Storm to work anywhere. Because it doesn't work anywhere for me without me getting stuck somewhere.

They can't fix it if you don't report the circumstances of the bug's occurrences so that they can reproduce it and find what's causing it. 

The glitching is random. It is based on many variables, and can occur at any moment. Sometimes the glitch occurs from lag, sometimes the tile-set, sometimes enemy position, sometimes it occurs when the enemy Ash is killing is killed before he kills it. Bladestorm is an all out glitch monster that only the developers can weed out.

The glitching is random. It is based on many variables, and can occur at any moment. Sometimes the glitch occurs from lag, sometimes the tile-set, sometimes enemy position, sometimes it occurs when the enemy Ash is killing is killed before he kills it. Bladestorm is an all out glitch monster that only the developers can weed out.

And without bug reports they can't know where to start to weed it out.  That's why we, as beta testers, are needed.

Really they need to redo blamestorm to a completely new skill. Like give ash buffs similar to valkyr when she activates crazy $#*(@ mode

While I would love to see a more interactive Bladestorm, if you want to use Hysteria, go play a Valkyr instead of Ash.

While I would love to see a more interactive Bladestorm, if you want to use Hysteria, go play a Valkyr instead of Ash.

He said like Hysteria. Not hysteria. It's like Oberon. Anything he can do, other frames do better, but the combination is what makes him great. All Ash needs is a new mechanic. Maybe he could be invulnerable and have raised melee damage while Ash clones do the teleporting stuff for a few seconds.

I don't like to play as females,(nothing personal, just too immersion breaking for me) so I don't play as Valkyr.    And unless you redo the combat to make it more like Ninja Gaiden and the "ultimates" where Ryu runs around super fast killing everything on the screen, then bladestorm will never be "more interactive".  

I would be happy if they changed the camera so it would be more zoomed out so you can actually see stuff and not cause all the bugs it does, but still believe that in the long run the best thing would be to replace it, or even better yet add in additional "extra skills" that we can swap in and out with out builds to make more customization and individuality.  IE : Your Ash has the bladestorm, my Ash has the megabuff for the final skill.    

I don't like to play as females,(nothing personal, just too immersion breaking for me) so I don't play as Valkyr. ...

I ... still believe that in the long run the best thing would be to replace it, or even better yet add in additional "extra skills" that we can swap in and out with out builds to make more customization and individuality.  IE : Your Ash has the bladestorm, my Ash has the megabuff for the final skill.    

This, I can agree with.

I think it would be pretty sweet if DE started making alternate-gender counterparts of Frames (e.g. Snow as a female Frost, with her own brand-new set of ice-themed abilities), and allow the two Frames to swap abilities (e.g. Frost can use Snow's hypothetical Blizzard instead of his Avalanche, and Show can use Frost's Snowglobe instead of her hypothetical Freeze Blast).

I'm also one of those people who prefers not to play female characters because of immersion-breaking, so I'm patiently waiting for a Valkyr-like male Frame to be released. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

Oddly enough the only glitch I've had with my constant bladestorm spamming is occasionally being detected that i'm outside the level or something and the ability cuts short as i'm teleported back to wehre i was like I'd just fallen down a place i wasn't supposed to. Plus that one thing he does when he "misses" where he just thrusts his blade forward and completely looks stupid doing it.

Also, one thing I was dissapointed in? ... We don't have the awesome kick up and stab move Ash does in the ps4 trailer. Or most of his fancy moves. Sadly.

Edited by Gryffinhart