Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replay Value

Hearthwin

Excuse my rant.

Okay. So before all of you tell me "Warframe has so much to offer, come back when you have completed every node and are mastery 16", let me put it in a way even the most dense hater could understand. At the moment. The game is boring. Not the gameplay, that is exciting, not the fact that i can play with friends and become a super badass ninja, the boring part about this game, is the lack of replay value for those who just want to go and play random nodes. We literally have nothing to do once we get Boltor Prime, Brakk, and the mods to make those awesome. I'm not saying I don't like those weapons, but DE has said it themselves, what are the players getting loot wise? Well. We don't find anything but mods and Oberon parts for killing people. So why kill them once we have the mods? Why not just speed run it, and fly past all the work DE has put in for us to have a good time and just finish the mission for our rewards? "Well what about survival?" Survival is actually one of the few modes I have fun in, because I feel like I'm constantly rewarded and it is actually a struggle to get to 50+ minutes. What we need, is something that will keep the players coming back, not just logging in for their daily reward. We need Replay Value. If that comes in the form of more loot, so be it. If that comes in the form of more interesting combat, so be it. Warframe is in desperate need of Replay Value that rewards people who already have everything something in return. Anyone else feel this way?

Edited by Hearthwin

Wouldn't the replay value come from the enjoyment of going on a map, and killing the mobs? I mean, aside  from the rewards, the leveling, the mastery ranks and such, there's still one component of the game and that is the fun of simply doing it. Rewards aren't all there is to this or any game. How ever rewards are nice granted. but they are not the be all of the games focus. but I suppose perhaps thats just me.

I think that proxy wars will bring a lot to this need in warframe.  Factions that you can support and attack has a lot of potential to make the entire solar system less boring.  Also, the focus system.  These are 2 things that DE are making, purpose-built with endgame replay value in mind.

Lore is being expanded as time goes on with quests and perhaps we will see some systemic, procedural "quest missions" that randomize like alerts too?

We have been seeing a game developed in front of our eyes.  Many studios do all of this behind closed doors before a beta state.

Edited by Toztman

First question: How many hours have you played?

This should be a good indicator as to the supposed 'replay value' of a given title, when a AAA title has a runtime of 8-20 hours.

I never said it Isn't a great game. We just have nothing to do anymore. Been waiting 3 weeks just for update 14 so me and my clan can start doing stuff again.

Hello everyframe.

To play for grind, ranks, rewards is boring ( the time must by rewarded tho. ) I enjoy killing, variation of it, full pack of active gameplay, variety combinations of testing your skills ( not just shooting Soma in one direction ), different mod builds. But it is all about gameplay and variety. Warframe is a successful cross genre game in which if you love your killing the only frames you are put in is warframe and your imagination. Not many games at this moment can boast of this. Not to mention that it's a peace of art. Starting with all design and its own atmosphere, and to end with how hard and fast all developer team works to make the game even more saturated.

Players who spend over 300 hours of there lives on this game knows that warframe is a great game, that its not as boring as most popular multiplayer and it isn't even comparable to some shooter games. It is not without drawbacks of course but it only means that it still has great potential for growth.

You play warframe as you want play it and all that stand between your and enjoyment is lack of your imagination.

p.s. I'm afraid and hate some developers decisions that they will never reconsider.

Frameoff.