The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nvidia Graphics Driver Crash.

Munia15

Happens to me pretty much daily. Ill be playing and my drivers will crash, the screen goes black and when it comes back on the game has already closed. All my graphics settings are on minimum to reduce stress and I have the newest drivers with a clean install. Previous drivers have also been tried with a clean install.

As no other game crashes i believe that the problem isnt in the hardware itself, anyone else having a similar issue?

My card is a GTX 550 Ti

i7-2600
8 gigs of ram

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies, i do have a support ticket open but no responses yet and I have reinstalled the game in the past. But I will also give the beta drivers a try, hopefully that helps.

Edited by Munia15

Game has been doing this to me several updates ago (several months), I stopped playing because of it. Thought I'd would pop by and get ready to see what U14 will bring to the table. Crashes are now even worse! I've tried all the usual tricks, so if anyone has anything new I'm all ears.

Guess I'll go back to playing something else.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

i really can't understand this bug...it looks like it crashes at random times but there defenetly are levels that do it more then others (especialy the new prologue stuff) 

the first thing that pop's up in my mind would be that its a heat issue but warframe does not get my gpu anywere nere the temps i would get from stuff like furmark and furmark i can run for hours. 

and in my case it really can't be the cpu that overheats as that thing is way better cooled (watercooled) and can also run for hours at 100% use on all cores without getting anywere near the temps needed to cause problems. 

i have no idea if this is a driver issue or something in warframes coding but it is slowly destroying my love for warframe ) :

i really can't understand this bug...it looks like it crashes at random times but there defenetly are levels that do it more then others (especialy the new prologue stuff) 

the first thing that pop's up in my mind would be that its a heat issue but warframe does not get my gpu anywere nere the temps i would get from stuff like furmark and furmark i can run for hours. 

and in my case it really can't be the cpu that overheats as that thing is way better cooled (watercooled) and can also run for hours at 100% use on all cores without getting anywere near the temps needed to cause problems. 

i have no idea if this is a driver issue or something in warframes coding but it is slowly destroying my love for warframe ) :

Have you tried playing other games? i have the same issue as you, except on a Gaming Laptop. Not like my laptop is old or anything. It's able to handle BF4 on Ultra with 60fps. I tried many different games and none of them can produce this problem.

Sad to say it is probably only warframe causing this. By any chance, are you on windows 8?

i am on win 8.1 yes and warframe is the only game with this issue as far as i have seen... tryed everything from watchdogs to defiance to divinity original sin all work fine.

we defenetly are not the only ones with this issue. 

the issue started for me with u13 and have been unable to fix it since then. there have been quite a few topics about this on the forums and a few mentiones about it in dev streams (including the new one) though they don't seem to know much about it.

i have contacted the support team yesterday hoping they may help me but have my doubts as many have posted they had done so and have seen none returning to the forum with a working fix. 

this issue is very frustrating to me as it makes me unable to fully enjoy warframe and i have no idea who to blame

i don't know if its faulty hardware or S#&$ty code from DE or Nvidia maybe even all 3!! and looking at latest dev stream it seams they don't know either... 

i am on win 8.1 yes and warframe is the only game with this issue as far as i have seen... tryed everything from watchdogs to defiance to divinity original sin all work fine.

we defenetly are not the only ones with this issue. 

the issue started for me with u13 and have been unable to fix it since then. there have been quite a few topics about this on the forums and a few mentiones about it in dev streams (including the new one) though they don't seem to know much about it.

i have contacted the support team yesterday hoping they may help me but have my doubts as many have posted they had done so and have seen none returning to the forum with a working fix. 

this issue is very frustrating to me as it makes me unable to fully enjoy warframe and i have no idea who to blame

i don't know if its faulty hardware or S#&$ty code from DE or Nvidia maybe even all 3!! and looking at latest dev stream it seams they don't know either... 

The issue, may have just been fixed on my end.

This is the steps I took.

since I am on a laptop, my drivers may be different, but I upgraded my driver to

Nvidia's 337.88 WHQL driver and restarted my computer

Updated WF because of new hotfix ("Fixed multiple crashes")

In launcher, turned off 32bit and Dx11 and closed launcher.

Go to WF folder, find the 2 exe's (Warframe.exe and Waframe64.exe)

Right click each and go to properties, change the compatibility to windows 7 and press apply then ok.

Start WF like normal, and I haven't crashed for 2hours now.