Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Mod's Droprate

SMILEhp93

I ****ing agree. Hell, even Uncommon Fusion Cores are almost impossible as is Rare mods/cores to find. And im playing on hard planets like Sedna, Ceres, Etc. Takes me like 42 COMMON mods to upgrade an uncommon or rare mod 1 level. Thats almost 2 whole pages of mods.

They got A LOT of work cut out for them if they want this game out of beta (maybe by end of summer?).

Edited by MDA400

There's nothing wrong with the "Rare" drop rate ..it was simply made to be, oh wow, RARE!!! : o Who would have thought that RARE mods would have a a RARE chance to drop?! ¬.¬ seriously, though, they're rare, so keep farming, I get at LEAST 5 rares in the hours I play...People need to stop complaining about all these little things that don't even interfere with the game itself -_-

There's nothing wrong with the "Rare" drop rate ..it was simply made to be, oh wow, RARE!!! : o Who would have thought that RARE mods would have a a RARE chance to drop?! ¬.¬ seriously, though, they're rare, so keep farming, I get at LEAST 5 rares in the hours I play...People need to stop complaining about all these little things that don't even interfere with the game itself -_-

For or against the current drop rate, how do mods not interfere with the game?

For or against the current drop rate, how do mods not interfere with the game?

I'm all for the new drop rate, and I never mentioned mods interfering with the game...I said some people need to stop complaining about the little things like the drop rate on "Rare" mods. Attention to detail. Also, once you nab a rare, you could put some credits aside and spend them to fuse said rare mod with Fusion Cores, that's easier than waiting for the mod to drop again. I like a challenge and I wouldn't want it to be as easy as it was before, so if it would help everyone against the new rate, I suppose they COULD raise the rate a little...

Edited by OrtuOcelot

dude i've been farm in earth for 6 straight day(14 hour a day because holiday),what i want to find is Fury mod(rare 1),and.. sh1t,what i've got just a bunc of common crap,if developer find this,please,at last tell us where we can farm rare mod,in high lvl planet or something,thx alot

Well, you can always play Defense missions for Rare mods. They get awarded, eventually.

Some of the players do not realize how powerful Rare mods are. They have to be . . . rare, from now on, or they will break the game.

The game will suck if it is too easy.

Anyone complaining about how hard it is to get a Rare mod simply hasn't been playing long enough to complain about how hard it is to get a rare mod.

Well, you can always play Defense missions for Rare mods. They get awarded, eventually.

Some of the players do not realize how powerful Rare mods are. They have to be . . . rare, from now on, or they will break the game.

The game will suck if it is too easy.

Anyone complaining about how hard it is to get a Rare mod simply hasn't been playing long enough to complain about how hard it is to get a rare mod.

i bet you got all your rares before the nerf.

it's freakin inbalanced, man.

unequip all your upgraded mods and try to collect them again. it will take you days to find even two duplicates of a rare mod, not even talking about fully upgrading it.

that's what's wrong with those opposed to fixing the drop rates. they all got their mods BEFORE the nerf. and it WAS overdone.

well, i'm awaiting a rebalance.

I think I'm averaging about 2 rares per page of mods since the most recent update, one of which is usually the reward from a defense mission.

More or less 1 rare drop per 3 defense missions and 1 rare reward selected. I rarely opt out just for the rare mod reward so some other defense mission spammers probably have a higher ratio.

Supposedly you have a larger mod pool for drops in harder missions, which I'm starting to believe after comparing notes with someone who farms Venus all the time.

Supposedly you have a larger mod pool for drops in harder missions, which I'm starting to believe after comparing notes with someone who farms Venus all the time.

Looks like it, I only got a single rare mod since the droprates got adjusted while playing the easier worlds. Yesterday decided to finally open up the path to Sedna (had 3 missions left there), and got 2 rares in the process.

Now it could obviously be coincidence, but if the harder worlds indeed are more likely to drop rare mods, it is good the way it is. Since even a rather new player can tag along with a group of veterans and grap a few that way.

Edit: Good fusion cores could probably be a tad bit more common, imho.

Edited by Mfne

All damage enhancement mods are rare as far as I know.

So if they were to reset now, it would be quite hard to get the mods to clear after the first 2-3 planets. Not sure I would even play.

I understand that "rare is rare and not commun", but if you look at most game, the ratio R/U/C is something like 5/25/70. (or 1/5/14). Which for me look like a great ratio.

They could also insert a new rarity.

While I've never played pre-droprate nerf patch, I have to say that the rare drop rate is fine as it is. I've only been playing in low level worlds and I've gotten 3 or 4 rares in 4-5 days of playing and while some people find that horrible, I find it consistent with the definition of "rare. Also, I disagree with what most say that "leveling rmods is hard"; while it may be inefficient to use non-identical or non-same mark mods for fusion, number and cred-wise, the sheer number of those drops could be used to upgrade whichever mod you are planning to level.

You DO NOT combine Rare duplicates. You buff them up with Fusion Cores, instead.

Amongst Common and Uncommon mods, combining duplicates is fine. But, for the love of God, save all your Fusion Cores for buffing your Rare mods.

Play a Defense mission, and you WILL get a Rare mod if you can last a few rounds.

You actually believe RNG has anything to do with difficulty?In Beta, letting your opinion be heard about aspects of the game you find unfun is excatly what it's for. I do not understand why people who want the game to be better,would try and stifle opinion. So why do you think a horrible drop rate on certian mods makes this a better game?