Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Important Drops Need To Fall *straight Down*

HvcTerr

In particular:

1. Blueprints (white orbs from bosses)

2. Mods / Fusion Cores

3. Resource bundles

Right now these important resources can easily be flung off into unpredictable or inaccessible areas. Yes, it looks cool to have loot explode from enemies, but it's too frustrating when important loot is lost because of unpredictable physics quirks or the heavy knockback of whatever weapon dealt the final blow.

I don't care so much about Health/Energy/Affinity, but the significantly important loot ought to fall straight down--with no physics processing--so that they appear in a predictable and reachable location. (And no, loot that falls into bottomless chasms doesn't always come back.)

Edited by HvcTerr

Why go through all the effort to hunt it down though?

cause you want it?

it litterally spawns right in the middle of the room most of the time it's mostly 10 feets away from the action and I can't see why you wont just go over there and pick it up

unless it's one of the larger "rooms" then I would understand but honestly BP is worth scavenging a room for

loot is never unacessable if it goes out into the "cliff" areas they simple is spawned at a "midpoint" of the map

learn where those points are and you will never loose another drop ever. period.

It really doesn't.

Every time I detroy a container, and some resources are just going straight down in one of these cliffs, the only thing I can do is trying to jump down there and pick it up before Im getting teleported back up.

So yea, totally agree with no physics for the important loot.

Lol. I do second this - though closing off inaccessible spots and making items warp back from the abyss consistently would help. I've seen many times they do warp back but sometimes, they don't or at least I couldn't find them. This happens mostly on Grineer mining ships. Particularly irksome when in one of those rare-drops missions. All mission and only 1-3 mods/cores. Then one falls off the cliff. Noo~oooo! But I've learned to take it in stride now. :D

loot is never unacessable if it goes out into the "cliff" areas they simple is spawned at a "midpoint" of the map

learn where those points are and you will never loose another drop ever. period.

Those are the points that you return to if you fall, aren't they?Regardless, there are also plenty of times where loot settles under terrain or inside objects in a way that makes it inaccessible if you weren't lucky enough to catch it midair. I've never seen the particle effects of a clipped drop disappear and reappear somewhere else.

It's also possible for you to be flung so hard you miss the reset floor entirely and fall out of the map. I imagine that could happen for loot, too.

My resource bundles don't seem to fly anymore, though. Every time I kill a boss, they just kind of stick in the air where the boss died while the mod/blueprint goes flying.

Its great to know that the loot does respawn, but loot dropping downwards instead of having the run to the middle of the room everytime it flies would be a lot better. This is a small thing though so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed until later.

Bump!

Even if no drops were ever 100% unreachable, it's not a fun mechanic to make everybody search a huge room for a blueprint that might not even exist after the loot exploded everywhere.

Edited by HvcTerr

Except when the loot drop in a crack between an object an the wall the is too narrow to fit in and to long the reach.

Yup, shouldn't have to worry about loot. Absolutely no reason for the loot to be flying all over the place. Also, it takes away from the action to have to play 52 pick-up after everything is dead, making sure you check every nook and cranny that the loot might be hiding in.

The fairly obvious solution would be for loot to not drop at all but be given automatically either at the end of the mission.

One person picks up something - it awards it to all so noone misses out then at the end of the mission it is granted as a lump sum.

Since this is meant to be a co-op game then picking things up as a team kinda makes sense.

The fairly obvious solution would be for loot to not drop at all but be given automatically either at the end of the mission.

One person picks up something - it awards it to all so noone misses out then at the end of the mission it is granted as a lump sum.

Since this is meant to be a co-op game then picking things up as a team kinda makes sense.

gah that would be so nice, the whole "Oh look a mod, let me point it out, oh look, another one, now which one do I mark?" thing is rather annoying.

Edited by Nuntium

Totally agree. We've had to go hunting for boss loot several times, and of course mods... found mods 100 feet away in the middle of a building, even though we killed the enemy outside on the planet surface. Lot of weird loot issues. 

In particular:

1. Blueprints (white orbs from bosses)

2. Mods / Fusion Cores

3. Resource bundles

Right now these important resources can easily be flung off into unpredictable or inaccessible areas. Yes, it looks cool to have loot explode from enemies, but it's too frustrating when important loot is lost because of unpredictable physics quirks or the heavy knockback of whatever weapon dealt the final blow.

I don't care so much about Health/Energy/Affinity, but the significantly important loot ought to fall straight down--with no physics processing--so that they appear in a predictable and reachable location. (And no, loot that falls into bottomless chasms doesn't always come back.)

Did you knew that boss resource bundle actually stay on top of the boss now?... PRetty handy, right?

You are actually defending this lol.

Guest Hermaphrodite

the problem with making the loot automatic on boss kill would allow hackers a reason to insta-kill anything and get the loot WITHOUT having to actually move over there to get it, which can lead to scripts to shoot then leave. If hackers learned how to shoot through walls and such, and somehow allow all mobs to spawn instantly, they can shoot everything, instantly get the loot without having to run to the boss area to pick it up, leave, then restart, creating a bot-like farming situation that NO ONE wants.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

the problem with making the loot automatic on boss kill would allow hackers a reason to insta-kill anything and get the loot WITHOUT having to actually move over there to get it, which can lead to scripts to shoot then leave.

Why would they go through all that effort anyway? It's probably much easier to hack the item-giving code in a Solo game and grant yourself all sorts of stuff directly. That's the real risk.

the problem with making the loot automatic on boss kill would allow hackers a reason to insta-kill anything and get the loot WITHOUT having to actually move over there to get it, which can lead to scripts to shoot then leave. If hackers learned how to shoot through walls and such, and somehow allow all mobs to spawn instantly, they can shoot everything, instantly get the loot without having to run to the boss area to pick it up, leave, then restart, creating a bot-like farming situation that NO ONE wants.

Are you saying you have done this ?

Are you saying you know someone that has done this ?

Since I seriously hope the answer to that is: No

Where are you getting this magical horrific scenario of "someone" hacking the game being a reason not to do something ?

Your entire argument is based on "IF" someone figured out to do any of this, which the burden is on you to prove and it makes no logical sense.

Going with your idea: Someone has magically broken the game so badly by hacking it that loot drops being awarded automatic is irrelevant. The loot is going to be dropped wether someone is hacking or not and the only thing this mechanic does is make looting easier.

By your own silly premise, a hacker could make a script so they can get any loot they want. Thus clearly the game should not give loot drops at all.