Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is stealth even possible? AI needs work.

Kurtino

There are some slight stealth elements in the game, even some progress to points or whatever by killing 10 unalarmed targets. The woman at the start of the game that CONSTANTLY spam talks to you even tells you at the start that they're unalerted.

Is it possible though?

I've tried many times and its nearly impossible for me and certainly impossible with friends. There is no kill move on targets so you can't assassinate them from behind or anything, only hope to one hit them with your charged E if its quiet enough.

There's no indication of how far the enemy can see you or if they can see you behind a wall or corner, as me and my friends have been spotted many times behind a corner and the reaction time of the enemies is sometimes completely silent or just instant.

I'm not sure if the AI actually detects bodies and alerts friends or if they can see through walls, so I'm confused about this part as well.

Any sort of damage, gunshot heard or sight of you will immediately cause the enemies to raise the alarm and cause all enemies to instantly detect you. Even if you kill the enemies that have seen you it doesn't matter. Some enemies run towards a alarm to trigger it but it doesn't matter because its raised anyway even if you kill the guy running.

And once this happens you are immediately detected for the rest of the game. The enemy knows your position at all times and sort of locks onto where ever you are and shoots. There is no way to turn back the stealth part of the game, even when clearing entire area's and there is no way to shut off the alarm.

So why is stealth there? Is it even possible or is it in its very early stages along with the AI? Or is stealth just incredibly hard to pull off but doable? I've unlocked Ash as a Warframe and his invisible lasts maybe 2 seconds so I don't know what use it has either.

Surprisingly, yes. Loki's cloaking ability works much better for stealth (huge surprise, huh?), as enemies are amazingly stupid, it lasts a good... five, seven, maybe ten seconds fully upgraded... and most of all, attacking doesn't decloak you. Imagine you have two Grineer standing next to each other, everything is fine and dandy, just another day on the ship. Then BAM, one of them explodes in two, bisected by an invisible sword...

...and the other one just stands there like nothing had happened. A second or two later, and he explodes in two as well.

Hell, you can even whip out an automatic and just spray them down; they won't even try to return fire in your general direction.

But yeah, stealth is pretty hard.

Surprisingly, yes. Loki's cloaking ability works much better for stealth (huge surprise, huh?), as enemies are amazingly stupid, it lasts a good... five, seven, maybe ten seconds fully upgraded... and most of all, attacking doesn't decloak you. Imagine you have two Grineer standing next to each other, everything is fine and dandy, just another day on the ship. Then BAM, one of them explodes in two, bisected by an invisible sword...

...and the other one just stands there like nothing had happened. A second or two later, and he explodes in two as well.

Hell, you can even whip out an automatic and just spray them down; they won't even try to return fire in your general direction.

But yeah, stealth is pretty hard.

Thats a shame, I was hoping the AI was better but it was hard to tell through the difficulty. Shouldn't be that only 1 frame can benefit from stealth and it sounds like Loki's stealth makes Ash's seem useless, which it feels like anyway (who's description actually says this is for stealth players).

Yeah, you could sneak around but there is currently no mechanic at all to help you with any input.

So basically it's just extremely difficult and it's more of a extrerimenting thing.

Yeah I've been looking for a decent stealth game since splinter cell went down the drains and was hoping there was more to it than this. When I see Sci-fi cyborg like exo suit ninja assassin warrior things I can't help but see the stealth side to it instead of the gun part.

Edited by Kurtino

I know they've mentioned they want to flesh out the stealth aspect here on the forums. Also, the AI is in the stages of where they wanted to make sure the group AI was on point - i.e. enemies spawning where and when they should to keep the challenge up. Individual AI tuning is in the works, so once they start to roll this stuff out you should see things begin to improve (all of this taken from previous dev posts on the forum).