Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards

Marabitos

WTB less ammo box bullS#&$ (especially when it gives you NOTHING AT ALL). I log in literally every day (Im an addict) and I feel that there should be a dropoff in the crap items in the reward. I know that its not going to be down to catalyst/reactor and wouldnt really ask for that. But damn, at least give me some weapon xp or something. Not 0 ammo boxes or an ammo box for something I dont use. Please look into this. No worse way to start the play session than "Oh hey you could have won all this awesome stuff but you won... ZERO AMMO BOXES! Grats, go kill yourself now."

Edited by Marabitos

you can prematurely stop the slot spin by clicking on what you want. you have to be fast, but it's rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Random Selection

The reward is selected from a weighted random number generator (RNG). The quickly changing images of prizes is for effect, giving the "spinning wheel" feel to the reward. Clicking on the pictures has no effect.

Edited by Marijan

you can prematurely stop the slot spin by clicking on what you want. you have to be fast, but it's rewarding once you get the hang of it.

This. I've gotten 5-6 catalysts and 2 or 3 reactors by clicking on them. If you're good at it your chance of getting one of those things is pretty good every day. More reliable than waiting on "?" alerts sadly.

This. I've gotten 5-6 catalysts and 2 or 3 reactors by clicking on them. If you're good at it your chance of getting one of those things is pretty good every day. More reliable than waiting on "?" alerts sadly.

The Wiki says, as I already quoted, that clicking on the pictures has no effect, since the item you will get is chosen beforehand and the spinning wheel is just an animation that adds a lottery-feeling to the login rewards. Nobody was able to confirm or prove the rumor that clicking on the pictures has any effect on your reward yet, so stop claiming otherwise without any kind of evidence.

Edited by Marijan

Wiki, is unreliable. Anyone can go on it and change it to suite their needs. It has absolutely no degree of accuracy or standards to be held to. I'd personally take a DEV's word over the wiki. Perhaps we can get an official response on this matter with the next stream or DEV videos?

Wiki, is unreliable. Anyone can go on it and change it to suite their needs. It has absolutely no degree of accuracy or standards to be held to. I'd personally take a DEV's word over the wiki. Perhaps we can get an official response on this matter with the next stream or DEV videos?

You would seriously take the word of a developer over the Wiki? You don't say? Someone already mentioned that DE_Steve already said something about this, but because you are too lazy to look that up by yourself, I did it for you: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/8887-you-can-click-on-your-daily-login-reward/page__st__20#entry70151

... and do you seriously think if there would be some magical trick to get Orokin reactors/catalysts nobody would've posted that on the Wiki page and/or started a giant S#&$storm when someone removed it? Everyone would be spreading the word, since it's so easy to confirm if this works or not by yourself ... but instead people keep spreading rumors, although it obviously doesn't work and a developer confirmed it.

Edited by Marijan

Seriously remove the goddamn ammo boxes. My last 5 logins have been 4 ammo boxes and a medkit. And you know what's worse? I have never in my entire time playing used an ammo box. They're useless items to me. You don't NEED them unless you're using an extremely high RoF weapon. And even if you do, they're cheap as &!$$. And you can't even SELL the bloody things.

Also, I don't know or care whether you can stop the wheel by clicking on it or not- all I know is that I can't. The game tends to lag when I log in so if it IS registering my click, it's miles too late. And even if you CAN, that doesn't excuse anything- they STILL need to do something about the ridiculous imbalance. You shouldn't have to "game the system" just to get something not completely worthless from what's supposed to be a lottery.

Seriously remove the goddamn ammo boxes. My last 5 logins have been 4 ammo boxes and a medkit. And you know what's worse? I have never in my entire time playing used an ammo box. They're useless items to me. You don't NEED them unless you're using an extremely high RoF weapon. And even if you do, they're cheap as &!$$. And you can't even SELL the bloody things.

Also, I don't know or care whether you can stop the wheel by clicking on it or not- all I know is that I can't. The game tends to lag when I log in so if it IS registering my click, it's miles too late. And even if you CAN, that doesn't excuse anything- they STILL need to do something about the ridiculous imbalance. You shouldn't have to "game the system" just to get something not completely worthless from what's supposed to be a lottery.

Do you know what you usually end up if you don't get what you wanted from a lottery? A blank, which is usually nothing. I think it's very amusing to see people getting mad over something that they got for free, because it doesn't meet their expectation or liking. You act as if the developers would've to give you something for free, but they don't - it's a little act of kindness and you might get lucky and end up with something you desire. You don't have to "game the system" in order to get anything, because clicking on the pictures of the spinning wheel does nothing, as a developer already confirmed.

@zaxthealien: Exactly, but people who have no use for something tend to assume that nobody else has use for it either.

Edited by Marijan

You act as if the developers would've to give you something for free, but they don't - it's a little act of kindness and you might get lucky and end up with something you desire.

Actually, it's a cheap gimmick to get people to come back every day. If the rewards from it are stupid, why bother coming back every day? Every day I don't come back is a day closer to flat out quitting. They aren't the first people to have a system like this.

Geez people, why do you believe this? If clicking on the pic worked I'd have a ton of blueprints by now. It's random, the animation doesn't even matter. Also I'm tired of the ammo boxes too. It seems like every time I get back to tier 3, it's ammo box nearly every day in a row. When I first got to tier 3 around update 5 I think I got trinity's main blueprint and 1 ember component blueprint, but ever since then it's been almost nothing but ammo boxes. I know it's an extra reward, but it's rather irritating seeing stuff you actually want every day and getting the same stupid thing.

Edited by Draxxon

The Wiki says, as I already quoted, that clicking on the pictures has no effect, since the item you will get is chosen beforehand and the spinning wheel is just an animation that adds a lottery-feeling to the login rewards. Nobody was able to confirm or prove the rumor that clicking on the pictures has any effect on your reward yet, so stop claiming otherwise without any kind of evidence.

Shenanigans. I click on a catalyst, the pictures stop spinning, the number of catalysts in my inventory goes up by 1. Clicking on them works.

I've gotten far to many catalysts and reactors this way for it to be completely random.

Edited by f3llyn

Let me quote for those who failed to click the link:

Yes, that comes from a developer.

And how do you explain it happening to many times for it to just be coincidence? Especially when you click the picture, it flashes and disappears while it's still cycling quickly.

Shenanigans. I click on a catalyst, the pictures stop spinning, the number of catalysts in my inventory goes up by 1. Clicking on them works.

I've gotten far to many catalysts and reactors this way for it to be completely random.

If you can't provide any evidence, it's nothing but a claim. You might have been lucky once and got an Orokin catalyst after you clicked on it, but that's nothing but a coincidence. A developer confirmed that the spinning wheel is nothing but an animation and clicking on it has no effect. I even posted a link to that post - so stop spreading false rumors.

And how do you explain it happening to many times for it to just be coincidence? Especially when you click the picture, it flashes and disappears while it's still cycling quickly.

I dont. The devs stated that its just an animation. There is nothing more to add.

If you are getting reactors by the masses, then call Lotus and tell her personally for pulling some strings in your favor.

If you can't provide any evidence, it's nothing but a claim. You might have been lucky once and got an Orokin catalyst after you clicked on it, but that's nothing but a coincidence. A developer confirmed that the spinning wheel is nothing but an animation and clicking on it has no effect. I even posted a link to that post - so stop spreading false rumors.

So it's spreading false rumors to tell what your experience is? I wasn't aware of that but I will take this into consideration in the future.

I guess I've just been more than a little luck to get around 8 catalysts and 3 or 4 reactors from it then. Very few of them actually came from ? alerts.

Edited by f3llyn

Do you know what you usually end up if you don't get what you wanted from a lottery? A blank, which is usually nothing. I think it's very amusing to see people getting mad over something that they got for free, because it doesn't meet their expectation or liking. You act as if the developers would've to give you something for free, but they don't - it's a little act of kindness and you might get lucky and end up with something you desire. You don't have to "game the system" in order to get anything, because clicking on the pictures of the spinning wheel does nothing, as a developer already confirmed.

@zaxthealien: Exactly, but people who have no use for something tend to assume that nobody else has use for it either.

We're not "playing the lottery". It's a LOGIN REWARD. It's supposed to incentivise us to log in daily. And every day, it does nothing but p!ss me off when I get given ANOTHER piece of rubbish I have absolutely no use for. Incidentally, today I got ANOTHER ammo box, making it 6 ammo boxes out of 7 days.

You know the REALLY annoying thing? The ONE time I ran out of weapon ammo, it was for my shotgun. I have never got a shotgun ammo box.

Edited by ArcaneAzmadi

...How in the hell did you manage to run out of shotgun ammo? I think you're just cursed...
In all seriousness, they didn't have to have the login rewards at all, you know. I understand that it's a gimmick to get you to log in every day, but it's still better than a stick in the eye, or daily quests.