Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Checking Mission Progress Stops Enemy Spawns And Timer (Fixed)

Thingy-

Hi me and a friend were just having a go at t2 Void Survival in hopes of some argon so we could make a Kubrow and we came accross this bug.

If the Host (we tested non-host) of the game checks the mission progress during survival it will stop all enemies from spawning permanently and stops the timer for the mission. Meaning no rewards every 5 minutes and if you glitch it before 5mins you can never extract.

Edit: Here are some screens, you can see by me being in different spots and the progression of the chat that the time has stood still and you'll noticed no enemies spawn after the first group we killed.

Warframe0022_zps62161758.jpg

Warframe0023_zpsb6624df0.jpg

Warframe0025_zps81493f24.jpg

This problem seems to be working in non-void Survivals too. Tested on Ophelia. We tested to see if it affected Exterminate spawns and it doesn't seem to. 

Warframe0027_zps387fac11.jpg

Warframe0028_zpsa6c56bcb.jpg

Edited by Three-Dimensional

The "View Mission Progress" option in the escape menu is pretty awesome, it shows you a loot and xp breakdown similar to the one you see when you finish a mission.

It also stops the survival timer.

I was in a group that was 19 minutes into a survival run when I checked my progress to see how many Argon crystals I had collected so far.  When I came back we noticed that the timer had stopped and we never received a 20 minute reward.

http://imgur.com/a/ArGME

Image 1 and 2 are me in a solo survival mission, note timer at 4 and 6 seconds.  Then I view the progress in image 3.

Note the life support % in images 5 and 6 dropped from 93% to 85%, without the timer changing a second.

i imagine it would help to remember which planet/mission it was...

we were in a survival mission and the time got stuck on 4:09. 
we found the extraction room but even with all 4 warframes, it would not extract us.

anybody run into the same or similar problem in any survival run?

Yup, happened to me as well. I believe it happens if the host uses the View Progress option from the menu.

Yeah this - I did a solo T2 survival and showing progress stopped the timer, stopped enemy spawns - only life support ran out with no enemies left

Basically, me and a friend took some guys from recruiting chat to run a T1 Survival for argon crystals.

We managed to grab two argon crystals during the run and were going to take off at 40 minutes, so we started heading over to the exit.

We enter the exit room and the timer freezes, despite the life support still going on and the fact that we're able to still obtain more life support.

Cutting our loss for the 40 minute reward because evidently something bugged out, we run to the exit and complete the mission.

When we arrive in our ships it says the mission failed (despite it saying mission completed as we ended the mission) and we didn't receive any rewards, meaning I lost out on 20k credits, 2 argon crystals, prime pieces and three or so rare 5 fusion cores.

Needless to say I'm pissed.

Hi,

Sorry if this was posted before, but so far I didn't find any topic remotely similar to this. It just happened to me on two Apollodorus, Mercury missions I recently "failed."

Some time after starting the solo survival run... I pressed ESC and checked on my mission progress, then went back to the game. I noticed that the mission timer had stopped, and mobs and also ceased spawning. I couldn't find the extraction point, possibly because I had not yet hit the 5-minute mark. Eventually, I let the life support run out, then the mission automatically failed.

I tried the run a 2nd time just to make sure, but it happened just the same. My first mission stopped at 0:39 mins. Number 2 stopped at 1:30 mins.

Can anybody duplicate this issue?

Also, I have yet to try it on other survival nodes in other planets, and if the same thing would happen if I checked mission progress after 5 mins.

Yup, it keeps happening every single time. I had one stop at 19:48 2 days ago :\ Just tried to do a T2 Survival and it stopped at 1:40. Kinda hard to farm for crystals when I'm not able to extract.

Edit: I noticed that pausing the game/bringing up the menu while in a Solo (possibly any type?) will stop the timer.

Edited by Polarthief

I just tried it again on Arcadia, Mars, and the same thing happened. So I guess, with your reports included, it's a safe bet it will happen with ANY survival mission.

Edit: I noticed that pausing the game/bringing up the menu while in a Solo (possibly any type?) will stop the timer.

I'm not sure what you mean by "any type" in a Solo, because surivals are the only mission types with timers... But I just tried, and no, hitting ESC/pausing/the game/bringing up the menu will NOT stop the timer.

Some friends and I were farming Cambria for the Tranquil Cleave mod and we indeed obtained it, however it was before the 5:00 minute mark and the timer ceased at 4:07 seconds. Enemies stopped spawning, no extraction, oxygen running out. We let the mission fail hoping to obtain the mods anyway, but we didn't get it.

I suppose it is impossible to ask that our team recieve our tranquil cleave mod but well that's that.

Team comp & names:
Nekros - SilrayFox

Trinity - TraskFox
Ash - CyanWolf

Volt - NoobFox

I have a 50 megabit internet connection and was selected as host and for all runs but this they ran perfectly smooth, even 60fps with minor pausing during level ups. I don't know what caused the survival timer to cease specifically but it seemed to happen when I leveled up my Hate to level 28. The game paused for 3 seconds and then resumed.