Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silence Mod Effect?

Toxicnerve

So recently I got back into Warframe, and with a vengeance. And one of the things that really got me excited was the new "silencer" mods for your primary and secondary weapons. But it confused me at first because my guns still made the same sounds as before. What I was thinking would be a good thing to add into the game is a weapon effect, similar to the elemental weapon mods and what they look like. So for the appropriate weapons only (Penta, please forgive me.), if the silencer mod is installed then an actual silencer would be on your weapon. And it would also be good, in my opinion, to add a silenced weapon sound effect for the same purpose. Anyone else agree? Anyone disagree? Why?

I doubt there will be a silencer visual effects and a model. I mean, how are you gonna put a silencer on a drakgoon? They might change the sound in the future, if they haven't already. Besides, its reduction in sound is a percentage, capping at 75%, I think.

I doubt there will be a silencer visual effects and a model. I mean, how are you gonna put a silencer on a drakgoon? They might change the sound in the future, if they haven't already. Besides, its reduction in sound is a percentage, capping at 75%, I think.

The mod effects the weapon up to 100% silence once capped. And I did mention that it would only be on the apropriate weapons.

"So for the appropriate weapons only (Penta, please forgive me.), if the silencer mod is installed then an actual silencer would be on your weapon."

I was referring to the fact that there are weapons that it wouldn't affect, like bows (it would be redundant anyway), the Drakgoon, the Penta, and so on. And the only model they would need is a clean looking silencer on the end of the appropriate weapons. As sound goes, I think that should be mandatory, because sometimes it could get confusing, especially for players new to Warframe. That's all I was trying to say.

So recently I got back into Warframe, and with a vengeance. And one of the things that really got me excited was the new "silencer" mods for your primary and secondary weapons. But it confused me at first because my guns still made the same sounds as before. What I was thinking would be a good thing to add into the game is a weapon effect, similar to the elemental weapon mods and what they look like. So for the appropriate weapons only (Penta, please forgive me.), if the silencer mod is installed then an actual silencer would be on your weapon. And it would also be good, in my opinion, to add a silenced weapon sound effect for the same purpose. Anyone else agree? Anyone disagree? Why?

It can be very confusing without some sort of audible sign that your weapon is silenced when you add that in with weapons that are naturally silenced, the bows still make a loud thunk sound when you shoot them, the castanas still make a loud electrical sound, hard to tell sometimes if an enemy will hear it or not

It can be very confusing without some sort of audible sign that your weapon is silenced when you add that in with weapons that are naturally silenced, the bows still make a loud thunk sound when you shoot them, the castanas still make a loud electrical sound, hard to tell sometimes if an enemy will hear it or not

So are you agreeing with me, disagreeing, or making a new point?