Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Color Effects Different After Patch

Scary2Dope

It seems that most of the colours seem different after the patch. I bought the "Fire" tablette before the patch to give my Ember P some flames or ability effects, that really look like flames with a warm touch. (Energy color for her and her weapons)

It looks fine and was totally worth the platin.

After the patch the colors lost their warm touch and just look like an ugly strange red or an yellow from the classic pattern. I´m sorry that i don´t got some screens to compare but it was the first issue which stand out to me. 

Does anybody got the same problems?

I know there are many issues and bugs, which are much much more important, but is it possible to return the colours or shaders back? It just makes me sad after i bougt the pattern.

Thx for the info and sorry for my english. :)

Scary2Dope

Edited by Scary2Dope

Bump!!

I noticed exactly the same thing with my Ember.

All her colors were this hot fiery orange and now all seems to be this boring reddish white color.

You can see well the difference while doing the weapon energy channel. Before the patch my melee weapon channel was this warm fiery orange but now it is like having those two colors lined up. Red and white.

Please fix this!

Also had this energy color problem with my Vauban. I had my energy set to grey (so vortex wouldn't be so overwhelmingly bright). Now, when I vortex, it becomes this strange shade of sky-blue. Quite annoying if I may say. Changing energy color also doesn't help. I love the new special effects added to some attacks, but I'd like to have my colors back if possible.

You're right, there was some desaturation occuring with certain energy colors.  I've been looking at it today and have made some changes to bring the vibrance back...you should be seeing this soon in a future hotfix.

The change to allow for black/dark energy was a shock to the system, and I think we're finally at a place where I'm happy with the look of the effects.  As always though, I'll be watching for feedback to see where improvements can be made.

yes i have this problem with my vortex on vauban on U13 i bought smoke pallet colors specially for black that made my vortex almost invisible since my eyes are somewhat sensitive to bright colors
now my vortex is is a bright blue and i hate it,changing the energy color does nothing.
i would like to be like it was on U13 if possible pls

I just could test the new colourfix and this is my feedback: it´s better but still not the same as prepatch. The energy and meele channel colour still looks weird in my opinion. I will take a look if i can work it out by switching some colours.

PS: Does anybody got a sugesstion which colour to pick now so that Ember´s ability just look like the "damaged ship tileset fire"? Thx ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping that the legacy colours would be prepatch colours, but no. :(

It´s a minor issue but i hope they would spend some time in it to fix it back or find a better solution to this issue. Maybe revisit the colourpanels at rebalance it.