Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question For The Warframe Technicians

(PSN)ratchetcool44

Question

12 answers to this question

Would think it would make no faster as it would be hooked up by u.s.b if lap top has u.s.b 3 mite speed it up all so depends what r.p.m. the 1T hd speeds is 7200 r.p.m mite be faster then a laptop hd as they tend be slow to save battery power...

Edited by gunsmoke77

I mean to just use it for speed. I mean I can do it with my Flash Drive but I was wandering if using a 1Tb external hard drive will make a difference

well on the plus side haveing more hd space is good so give it a shot can allways hook it up to new p.c. i.e desktop down the line 

Oh, I am wanting to use a laptop. I dont have the money for a desktop right now so I am hoping that using an external hard drive will help out in making the game faster. or run more smoothly. Yea, I just downloaded it on my laptop. and I don't think that an external hard drive will help out. I think it is best that I just get a new desktop. must be pretty fast.

Edited by (PS4)ratchetcool44

An external hard won't do anything to speed up a laptop. The only things that can make a real speed difference are: 1) Add more memory (RAM). 2) Use an SSD (solid state drive) as your primary drive. 3) Upgrade to a faster processor (CPU). 4) Basic maintenance such as removing malware/removing temp files/defragging your mechanical drive/etc. 5) If you have Windows 7 and have a suitable flash drive, the ReadyBoost feature might help.

You cant use an external harddrive to speed up your game. Its too slow, usb works because its fast(some of them). Even then, it only works as if giving you extra "slow ram". If it helps anything it would be load times for maps, but then you have to take internet connection into account.

Go to a cyberpower site and customize a pc, it checks if its all compatible. Then you just buy the parts from somewhere else and build it yourself, you will save quite a bit of money and you will learn something new.

Edited by kiteohatto

Moved to the proper section.

Ok thank you. I did not know where I should put this.

Aren't desktops cheaper than laptops?

Anyways, I would recommend a dedicated gaming laptop like alienware, Razer, or cyberpowerpc.

It depends on the brand and how strong it is and I am going with a desktop. I need something for both college and gaming. I am taking online courses so I am needing something that will last longer than a laptop.

The short answer is no, any laptop capable of running warframe even barely at all has a hard drive or solid state drive capable of moving enough MBS of information.

Laptops are NOT good sources for game playing. ANY mobile graphics card means that the benchmark is going to be halved. I'll give an example, say theres a 7850M and a 7850, the 7850 Mobile would run at half the ability of a 7850. It's just the way things are and I've yet to see an exception to the rule.

Buy a desktop, or better yet build one. Stay away from alienware, they wanted 1000 dollars for a computer that cost me 530 dollars to put together myself. There are sites out there that will put together a PC for you when you buy the parts. Go to /r/ build a PC or some other site and they will help you further.