Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Competitive Pve

FalsePride

I've seen a lot of talk about PvP in Warframe, and I know it would be a chore to tweak the frames and abilities just right for fair game play, and honestly I'm not a huge fan of PvP. I do think, however, it would be nice to have a sort of competitive game play included. E.G: Have a Planet where Tennos get together to compete in tournament like games, such as 2 teams start on opposite sides of the map and fight a common enemy towards the center for a (flag) and whichever team gets there first wins. There could also be obstacles that the teams could release on each other, maybe like a switch that you can find to temporarily stop power usage on the opposing team, or spawn a large group of mobs for them to fight through. Of course there could be many other varieties of this type of game play, this is just a fun idea i had while playing and i feel it would settle some competitive urges for people like me who don't necessarily like PvP.

How about "Arena" planets/locations where you go in and see how far you can get through waves and waves of enemies. Kind of like endless defense except the goal is to simply survive instead of protect someone. Combine that with leaderboards for it and you can see which teams got tthe furthest and maybe even specific team member stats and such?

It wouldn't be that hard to implement an arena mission in the same style as a defense mission and they could work from there to include arena like things.

How about "Arena" planets/locations where you go in and see how far you can get through waves and waves of enemies. Kind of like endless defense except the goal is to simply survive instead of protect someone. Combine that with leaderboards for it and you can see which teams got tthe furthest and maybe even specific team member stats and such?

It wouldn't be that hard to implement an arena mission in the same style as a defense mission and they could work from there to include arena like things.

And the last man standing wins! or whoever is suited to last a certain amount of waves wins! im liking these ideas :D

And the last man standing wins! or whoever is suited to last a certain amount of waves wins! im liking these ideas :D

They could run Last Man Standing where its you competing against your up to 4 team mates, or even make it so that you work with your team with a leaderboard to say that your team with its members say made it to wave 60 or something like that and other groups can try to team up and get to a higher wave score.

And they could make it a fun alternative to grinding defense missions.

And depending on how randomly they want to do the waves they can have every X waves be a large amount of heavies, or stat-boosted enemies, or even bosses. And they can even alternate factions so you have to watch out for a few waves of grineer followed by a moa storm or something.

Don't forget racing! A quick sprint to the finish line! No warframe skills allowed, no mods (Or maybe mods... I dunno), winning PVPE grants you a special currency that you can trade for either mods, or XP boosts!

Could even be credit prizes for winning (or how well u do) or even a special frame u could unlock through collection of blueprint rewards. weekly or monthly teir rewards for the teams that were in the top 3 would be a neat. it could even add a way to farm for materials thats not as monotonous as running areas over and over again, if certain mats were given as rewards/choices.

Edited by Falsie