Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reintroducing Events As Questlines

Mbgunsling

Mirages questline, had it not been a questline, would have very blatantly been introduced as an event. because when its been done more than 8 times for all those other frames, its no longer a pattern, its a law.

Now what about all those players who missed out on specres of liberty, the cicero crisis, even sling stone? those were events that "conveniently" occurred close to the release of warframes that were relevant. for example, Valkyr and the Hunt for Alad V

these events also had storylines, e.g. cicero and the fomorians were all organized wars to attack vay hek's main forces and plans.

so why not re-introduce these events as a means of access to their relevant frames?

i can easily see the connection between oberon and Cicero, or Zephyr and the Oxium Osprey crisis, Vauban and the fusion moas etc. not only would it free up a ton of space so that more warframes can be found in different ways, it allows players to finally fill those Zeros on their profile that would otherwise remain unfulfilled. and finally, it allows DE to get creative with mission lines they introduced before, but with a twist (i.e. perhaps you need more than just the triangulator to get to vay hek, maybe you need to beat up his fomorians and injectors to drag him to the solar system)

it allows players to somewhat participate in events (as the bulk will all participate at once), but those who miss out initially can still catch up after, at no real loss. the hype will be identical to the event missions of days past (and future), and players won't feel under the pump to bust out a ton of things in the space of a weekend.

as aside, this may also lead into questlines to get the orokin frames, its already too easy to build them. you just need to grind, and theres no fun in that, maybe have players go through derelicts and towers before reaching bosses to get the final BP, the bosses reflecting the warframe (e.g. Frost prime may have some sort of Mr. Freeze style corrupted guarding him)

Discuss.

hmm, yes, i like the idea of reintroducing Events as Questlines BUT wasn't one of the Main Points of the Events the Vandal and Wraith Weapons? i mean sure, they could place them in there as Rewards, but that would Anger some User.

I Have no Problem no Adding the old events as a questline, but there needs to be an reward that doesn't Anger those who wear the Vandal and Wraith weapons as Trophies

hmm, yes, i like the idea of reintroducing Events as Questlines BUT wasn't one of the Main Points of the Events the Vandal and Wraith Weapons? i mean sure, they could place them in there as Rewards, but that would Anger some User.

I Have no Problem no Adding the old events as a questline, but there needs to be an reward that doesn't Anger those who wear the Vandal and Wraith weapons as Trophies

Vandal/Wraith gear would not be rewards in the newly introduced questlines; warframes would replace these as the new rewards.

Vandal/ Wraith Gear might be something to appear in actual events in the future. 

+1

I would like to go back and repeat some of those missions actually.  Some of them I didn't complete all the way and I only did enough to warrant the badge and maybe the mid tier reward. Obviously putting the Vandals/Wraiths as rewards would cause an uproar.  Forma would be a nice reward (then you can teach players that the void carries a whole ton of them!)

I was just thinking about this, was gonna post it after some time. It would be a perfect way for DE to sustain any user's want for even more content while they hammer away the bugs and actual, new content. I didn't do the Gravidus Dilemma, nor did I do the Cicero Crisis. I would love to at least reenact what I could have done, even if I don't get any special mods or weapons.

If they wanted to keep some warframes right where they are with availability, then they could also add new weapons or mods that could be tied into said event-quests. Just keep the exclusive mods, badges, and weapons out of the question and it'd be a golden opportunity.

Vandal/Wraith gear would not be rewards in the newly introduced questlines; warframes would replace these as the new rewards.

Vandal/ Wraith Gear might be something to appear in actual events in the future. 

as i said, the events itself had medals, exclusive mods, and vandal/wraith weapons, we need an alternative for this if we should ever get old events as questlines. otherwise the event veterans are going to be pissed

hell, I'd be even happy if they just fork over a lot of cash if we finish an event quest...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

as i said, the events itself had medals, exclusive mods, and vandal/wraith weapons, we need an alternative for this if we should ever get old events as questlines. otherwise the event veterans are going to be &!$$ed

hell, I'd be even happy if they just fork over a lot of cash if we finish an event quest...

And what, the new members like me need to be with a normal braton because some veteran just piss off? Is not our fault if we discovered late this game you know... I would love to have all that weapons/warframes/mods/etc. And you are telling me that i need to just deal with it, because someone said "hey i been in this game more time than you, so i want gear you can't use because you discovered this game a year later" Sorry but that it's unfair.

+1

I do really like the idea of reintroducing the events as questlines. But I don't want to get the exclusive rewards. That has nothing to do with fairness. Event was there sometime in the past and people then should have spoils to show for!

Instead reward could some 15+ k credits or regular gear, or even a loot cache with blueprints, skins etc.

I'd be fine with the old event rewards being given for Nightmare versions of quests, and/or with objectives that are more difficult than those of the original quests

Except for the Gradivus Dilemma, anyone who can stomach 100 of the same mission deserves even better rewards than the original.