Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Charge Tweaks

Seox

Put simply, Rhino Charge is too similar to Slash Dash and it doesn't need to be.

At the moment, Rhino Stomp is the only Rhino skill that really carries that punchy "weight" to it. Rhino Charge and Slash Dash both have a very floaty "rocket boosters" feeling to them that I don't feel suits Rhino's non-caster "personality". What's more, it can be used to practically fly with high duration, and the knockdown effect is usually hamstrung by collision with the enemy.

I'm imagining a Rhino Charge where he begins to rush ahead with very heavy/stompy footsteps, following the curve of the terrain. Instead of being surrounded by energy and lights and defying gravity, this would give the skill and incredibly "weighty" feeling and reinforce the juggernaut style that Rhino seems to be built around. What's more, the lack of these:

Delta_IV_Medium_Rocket_DSCS.jpg

Would mean a mobility hit that might help to curtail community feelings that Rhino has too far surpassed his intended weaknesses.

I'd also like to see a more elegant collision handling with the skill - I feel that pushing enemies hit by the skill to the side (no CC otherwise) would improve the reliability of the skill and add to the feeling that you're a 600 lb Rhino and not in fact made of paper mache. Reducing the speed or even offering normal speed but giving it these changes would make Rhino the lumbering, heavy juggernaut that he seems to be intended to be. Currently, he feels pretty light to me when it comes to the aesthetics of his skills.

Thoughts? I've just felt like Rhino Charge is a functional, but otherwise generic and uninspired skill lately :P

Edited by Seox